edjr

CNN Gives Don Lemon the squeeze.

8 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Reparations has a definition. Paying the families of naval members that died fighting against slavery would not fall within that definition. It is widely known that Africans sold Africans into slavery. If it could be traced back to wealth in those people, I'm fine with reparations coming from there. Both of those do nothing to take away from the actions of countries that bought slaves and essentially tortured them for years, while building wealth off their backs. Its funny that you seem to want to forgive "white" people because it was already happening in Africa. Its also funny how you like to throw around the word logic. You don't show it very often, but you sure do type it alot.

Going back to Don being utterly beatdown..I would still like to hear @supermike80 or anyone(other than the effing moron idiot99) explain this. He asked a question, she started to respond, he nodded his head at the source bit, and when she finished, he said something like interesting points/discussion and thanked her.

eta - Pretty sure I have said this on here before. I don't think reparations should/will ever happen. I am ok with a discussion about it. I hope that would lead to closure.

You lump all white people together in a few of the whites actions. It's like saying if a white guy kills someone, all white people 150 years later should go to jail. 

Lemon got beat down. Bigly. 

Lemon's lame "It's an interesting conversation" response reminds me of James Carville at the end of the Old School debate.  "We have no response.  That was perfect."

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

Reparations has a definition. Paying the families of naval members that died fighting against slavery would not fall within that definition. It is widely known that Africans sold Africans into slavery. If it could be traced back to wealth in those people, I'm fine with reparations coming from there. Both of those do nothing to take away from the actions of countries that bought slaves and essentially tortured them for years, while building wealth off their backs. Its funny that you seem to want to forgive "white" people because it was already happening in Africa. Its also funny how you like to throw around the word logic. You don't show it very often, but you sure do type it alot.

Going back to Don being utterly beatdown..I would still like to hear @supermike80 or anyone(other than the effing moron idiot99) explain this. He asked a question, she started to respond, he nodded his head at the source bit, and when she finished, he said something like interesting points/discussion and thanked her.

eta - Pretty sure I have said this on here before. I don't think reparations should/will ever happen. I am ok with a discussion about it. I hope that would lead to closure.

Given the slavery was an accepted practice for nations, we cannot apply legal positions of today to those actions.  So the entire premise of "reparations" is inane, that is the real problem. Of course we are not going to go back and repay people who fought against slavery, but the intent was to simply highlight the stupidity of complaining about it all today. I think showing that to people who need to hear it has value.

Lemon wasn't "owned", but she did effectively shut down his whining. He should have been better prepared I guess. 

Slavery happened, all over the world, and was bad and it eventually changed. Time to move on.  Alternatively, people could just keep whining about it, while the rest of us move forward and succeed, leaving the whiners behind. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Given the slavery was an accepted practice for nations, we cannot apply legal positions of today to those actions.  So the entire premise of "reparations" is inane, that is the real problem. Of course we are not going to go back and repay people who fought against slavery, but the intent was to simply highlight the stupidity of complaining about it all today. I think showing that to people who need to hear it has value.

Lemon wasn't "owned", but she did effectively shut down his whining. He should have been better prepared I guess. 

Slavery happened, all over the world, and was bad and it eventually changed. Time to move on.  Alternatively, people could just keep whining about it, while the rest of us move forward and succeed, leaving the whiners behind. 

yeah, well it is not a very good argument on her part. making a comparison about someone with a choice vs someone without..really weak. Again, not a fan, never really watched his show, or any of the nighttimers, but Don was not owned. Better prepared is weird comment also..like what should he have done differently? all he did was nod his head once, say interesting point and thank you.

19 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

yeah, well it is not a very good argument on her part. making a comparison about someone with a choice vs someone without..really weak. Again, not a fan, never really watched his show, or any of the nighttimers, but Don was not owned. Better prepared is weird comment also..like what should he have done differently? all he did was nod his head once, say interesting point and thank you.

I wonder...could it be that maybe Lemon has been warned to not be too extreme?  He feels under threat, notably with the removal of Stelter.  I wonder if he has been told to trod carefully. 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I wonder...could it be that maybe Lemon has been warned to not be too extreme?  He feels under threat, notably with the removal of Stelter.  I wonder if he has been told to trod carefully. 

maybe I guess, more likely it was just the end of the segment

1 hour ago, Reality said:

This story came out yesterday.  CNN's reaction (paraphrased) - "It's anonymous sources.  You can't believe those!!!"   You can't make this sh*t up!!!!  🤣

27 minutes ago, Strike said:

This story came out yesterday.  CNN's reaction (paraphrased) - "It's anonymous sources.  You can't believe those!!!"   You can't make this sh*t up!!!!  🤣

CNN is impugning anonymous sources.....hehe, yeah that is rich.....

How the Fock wasn’t he fired? Sending threatening texts to a co-worker? Banging an underlining? 

54 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How the Fock wasn’t he fired? Sending threatening texts to a co-worker? Banging an underlining? 

He's litigious 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's just a mystery.....😁

Don Lemon Lips is his correct name

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Lemon and Carlson fired on the same day. Holy sh!t! 
America is improving. 

Chris Cuomo and his ex-buddy D-Lemon both fired.  Who would have thunk it?

25 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Lemon and Carlson fired on the same day. Holy sh!t! 
America is improving. 

I think it would be focking aweswome if they joined Cuomo over at that other network, and did a show like Bayless and Sharp....would be EPIC

Lemon seems to already be lying about his lack of meeting with management.   This guy just won't shut up.  

Lawsuit coming.  Get ready CNN

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think it would be focking aweswome if they joined Cuomo over at that other network, and did a show like Bayless and Sharp....would be EPIC

If it was a debate like that I would watch it too. But you know as well as I do that neither guy, at this point in their careers, would be willing to subjugate their egos enough to make that work. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

If it was a debate like that I would watch it too. But you know as well as I do that neither guy, at this point in their careers, would be willing to subjugate their egos enough to make that work. 

I would be fine with that. My issue might be the inclination of either, or both, to overtalk each other.   If they came away no closer together, so what.  But having each put their thoughts to the test against the other, I think that would be compelling.  Neither one is actually right and neither one is entirely wrong. They represent extremes.  If over time there was a mediation, some area where they could concede enough ground to agree to some extent, how remarkable and worthwhile that would be!

But, the more important message would be the allowance for disagreement.  The absence of portraying the other as "evil" or stupid but instead simple disagreement and then move on.  Showing people how to once more do that would be truly valuable. 

Meanwhile

Starting in the fall Gayle King will be co-hosting a new weekly primetime show on CNN with Charles Barkley.

:lol:

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Lemon seems to already be lying about his lack of meeting with management.   This guy just won't shut up.  

Lawsuit coming.  Get ready CNN

What a whiny beyatch. Allegedly he was a real ass to women, which became his undoing, although there were plenty of other reasons to get rid of him. 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Maybe they could do they all could do the show together with Bayless and Sharpe, so I could save time ignoring them all at once.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Maybe they could do they all could do the show together with Bayless and Sharpe, so I could save time ignoring them all at once.

:lol:

I get no credit for my witty thread title?

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

I get no credit for my witty thread title?

Nope...  If you have to bring it up, it wasn't very "witty" to begin with...

Sorry...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Can we get rid of Maddow while we’re at it?

No.  She's an alphabet.

33 minutes ago, posty said:

Nope...  If you have to bring it up, it wasn't very "witty" to begin with...

Sorry...

I blame the readers. it was actually brilliant. 

Just now, edjr said:

I blame the readers.

That is probably a good idea...

The fact that he was stunned says it all. The whole world saw this coming. He thought his cards would protect him, like they always have.