Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

whats the liberal impression of Trump in the GC?

I'm curious.  I never hear them mention Trump at all.  Rusty?  Mooney?  Honcho?  Stop being shy and tell us what you think of our 45th president!

18 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

I'm curious.  I never hear them mention Trump at all.  Rusty?  Mooney?  Honcho?  Stop being shy and tell us what you think of our 45th president!

I'm not a "liberal" but since you addressed me by name I'll mention.

I'll preface by saying that while I find him amusing at times I largely don't like Donald Trump. But it has almost nothing to do with him as President. I've listened to him over the years on interviews, WWE, the Howard Stern Show, etc....he just always came off as a smug, insufferable douche. But again- he was amusing at times. And honestly, I watched The Celebrity Apprentice- mainly because I thought it was funny when he would get into stupid arguments with people like Deal or No Deal models after he would tell Howard "This season has the greatest star power..."

As far as his Presidency goes- he was essentially what I expected a guy who ran as a Republican- promising to drain the swamp- and then basically acted like a Republican while putting different swamp people into place. People who were declaring him some Hitler type figure who was going to ruin the country were idiots who don't understand how the structure of our government works. He was essentially a politician- no more, no less.

I do think he did some good things as President. The shift from the middle east to trying to use the military to stay competitive with China and Russia was smart. He found a way to make it easier to track down shell companies and the fraud associated with them. Making the Pentagon audits more transparent and open. The focus on robocalls and trying to curtail them. Spending money to digitize health care records. Trying to get focus on US companies when it came to 5G technology. His financial response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

On the flipside- I think he made a lot of really bad appointments to his cabinet putting people in charge who were unqualified or ill equipped for the jobs. He didn't get Mexico to pay for his wall. His deregulation actions were pretty terrible across the board. He didn't get his infrastructure bill done. He increased the national debt by something like 40% by the end of his tenure. His downplaying of the COVID-19 pandemic made it a longer issue to deal with. And overall it hurt our standing worldwide as America became a joke as opposed to being viewed as a superpower.

And even with all that- I still hold that had he been more concerned with being "President" than being a "personality" he would've won in 2020. People just got tired of the always campaigning. Always insulting people. And just doing rally after rally and using rhetoric that was clearly designed to push people apart. And really that last one is going to get worse as the years go on. If he had spent the summer of 2020 defending the good things he did and doing more to say "People should do A'B,C' and we can get rid of this COVID stuff" he would've won in 2020.  For me personally, I got tired of the hero worship of him more than anything else which he invited to a large degree. I don't care what he said on Twitter- I don't read Twitter in any kind of regular fashion. 

So in the end the TL;DR- he did some good, he did some bad. He was basically every President ever and he is amplified or vilified to a dumb degree by whichever political side is talking about him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm not a "liberal" but since you addressed me by name I'll mention.

I'll preface by saying that while I find him amusing at times I largely don't like Donald Trump. But it has almost nothing to do with him as President. I've listened to him over the years on interviews, WWE, the Howard Stern Show, etc....he just always came off as a smug, insufferable douche. But again- he was amusing at times. And honestly, I watched The Celebrity Apprentice- mainly because I thought it was funny when he would get into stupid arguments with people like Deal or No Deal models after he would tell Howard "This season has the greatest star power..."

As far as his Presidency goes- he was essentially what I expected a guy who ran as a Republican- promising to drain the swamp- and then basically acted like a Republican while putting different swamp people into place. People who were declaring him some Hitler type figure who was going to ruin the country were idiots who don't understand how the structure of our government works. He was essentially a politician- no more, no less.

I do think he did some good things as President. The shift from the middle east to trying to use the military to stay competitive with China and Russia was smart. He found a way to make it easier to track down shell companies and the fraud associated with them. Making the Pentagon audits more transparent and open. The focus on robocalls and trying to curtail them. Spending money to digitize health care records. Trying to get focus on US companies when it came to 5G technology. His financial response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

On the flipside- I think he made a lot of really bad appointments to his cabinet putting people in charge who were unqualified or ill equipped for the jobs. He didn't get Mexico to pay for his wall. His deregulation actions were pretty terrible across the board. He didn't get his infrastructure bill done. He increased the national debt by something like 40% by the end of his tenure. His downplaying of the COVID-19 pandemic made it a longer issue to deal with. And overall it hurt our standing worldwide as America became a joke as opposed to being viewed as a superpower.

And even with all that- I still hold that had he been more concerned with being "President" than being a "personality" he would've won in 2020. People just got tired of the always campaigning. Always insulting people. And just doing rally after rally and using rhetoric that was clearly designed to push people apart. And really that last one is going to get worse as the years go on. If he had spent the summer of 2020 defending the good things he did and doing more to say "People should do A'B,C' and we can get rid of this COVID stuff" he would've won in 2020.  For me personally, I got tired of the hero worship of him more than anything else which he invited to a large degree. I don't care what he said on Twitter- I don't read Twitter in any kind of regular fashion. 

So in the end the TL;DR- he did some good, he did some bad. He was basically every President ever and he is amplified or vilified to a dumb degree by whichever political side is talking about him 

this is fair, far different from your takes elsewhere

only place you went wrong, and I agree with 100% else of what you said, he didn't downplay covid

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

only place you went wrong, and I agree with 100% else of what you said, he didn't downplay covid

When I am responding to goofy far right takes that many people here have (not all of the people here but some) of course I am "left." Additionally, some times it is just fun to needle people about those takes.

But left to just answer a question from a neutral starting point like JustinCharge posed (and the first time I will say I think he was actually looking for real conversation IMO)- that is far closer to my actual beliefs. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I think he did and it's why I differentiated between his monetary response and the more social response. I'm not cynical enough to say his monetary response was geared towards continuing to help richer people make money- but I know people who would make that case.

I just think from a social aspect he could have done more from a federal level and I think that is one case where a state response wasn't going to work. I also think he was looking to open things back up too early (6 days after the fact). I don't think things should have been shut down as long as they were. I also believe he either explicitly or implicitly at times undercut the advice of his committee on it and the scientists involved studying it. 

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I think he did and it's why I differentiated between his monetary response and the more social response. I'm not cynical enough to say his monetary response was geared towards continuing to help richer people make money- but I know people who would make that case.

I just think from a social aspect he could have done more from a federal level and I think that is one case where a state response wasn't going to work. I also think he was looking to open things back up too early (6 days after the fact). I don't think things should have been shut down as long as they were. I also believe he either explicitly or implicitly at times undercut the advice of his committee on it and the scientists involved studying it. 

he put that up to each state, he offered medical ships to NY and California, both of which were not used by each state.  I think after two months, federal mandates on everything should have been lifted, if anything he enabled it to go on to long. And helped incentivize covid in the hospitals, that should have been cut off immediately

Trump pretty much followed everything Fauci and that other lady (can't remember her name) who even came out and said, I didnt even give Trump all the info that we had cause it would make it look better

(Birx)

https://www.independentsentinel.com/trumps-cov-coordinator-dr-birx-admits-to-lying-manipulating-data/

32 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

He did downplay it by saying it would just disappear and doing defiant things such as ripping off his mask in front of the cameras in order to pander to his fan base. While Operation Warp Speed was a good, the rollout system was focked and didn't get past hospitals, nursing homes, etc. 

I've never liked the guy. He's been an arrogant, self-serving, vindictive doosh his whole life. Servant leadership is the best leadership, and he is the polar opposite of that. 

He focking gassed people so he could dooshly walk down to a church and hold up a Bible, pandering to the evangelical Christians like he always does because he knows that's his biggest base. 

He ain't no man of God.

He's a wanna-be autocrat and dangerous fock who continues to throw gasoline on the fires of divisiveness in this country. 

The way he operated his presidency was right out of the Hungary playbook on how to gut a democracy. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

It's Trump's fault that we are stuck with Biden and why we most likely will be until 2028  The dood just can't help himself.  He is so petty.  Just yesterday for instance he posts this on Gab.

https://gab.com/realdonaldtrump/posts/109032274289912015

Really?

Lol at the comment, "If you were president, you wouldnt have been invited."

Just another example of him being all about him. Muh seating arrangement. 

2 minutes ago, craftsman said:

What's wrong with that post? He's correct.

It's petty, unbecoming, and embaressing.  Other than that, it is fine.

Why are you embarrassed? And it's not petty, he's just telling it like it is. Biden is a mess and needs to be called out every chance someone gets. 

12 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

He did downplay it by saying it would just disappear and doing defiant things such as ripping off his mask in front of the cameras in order to pander to his fan base. While Operation Warp Speed was a good, the rollout system was focked and didn't get past hospitals, nursing homes, etc. 

I've never liked the guy. He's been an arrogant, self-serving, vindictive doosh his whole life. Servant leadership is the best leadership, and he is the polar opposite of that. 

He focking gassed people so he could dooshly walk down to a church and hold up a Bible, pandering to the evangelical Christians like he always does because he knows that's his biggest base. 

He ain't no man of God.

He's a wanna-be autocrat and dangerous fock who continues to throw gasoline on the fires of divisiveness in this country. 

The way he operated his presidency was right out of the Hungary playbook on how to gut a democracy. 

some guys like leaders who say, yes we will beat this and some guys like leaders who panic, you follow the latter

I prefer a coach who says, yes we are underdogs, this team is great, but we can beat them and we are going to

and I could give a sh1t less whether a person is a man of god.  If and big focking IF god exists, every person is a man of god regardless of your opinion,  I however don't believe in god so dont give a rats

please site one attempt to gut democracy, and please show me when we became a democracy?

but biden isnt throwing fire on the divisiveness?  he just called 74 million people threats to democracy

Yeah, great leaders and influencers don't act like this. Past presidents are out there flexing their philanthropic muscles instead of acting like whiny victims and spewing misinformation.

His presidential museum is going to be unintentional comedy.

12 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

He ain't no man of God.

On the issues that matter, like healthcare, taxes, labor and corporate regulations, Trump was boilerplate GOP. The only difference between Trump and any other country club Republican is that he’s far more obvious about being a hypocritical scumbag ass hole.

Most of his followers are there for culture war red meat not policies. He definitely delivers there and he’s a lot funnier than say Jeb or Cruz.

So there’s that.

15 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Full of nothing but pictures of him in the front row.

21 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Yeah, great leaders and influencers don't act like this. Past presidents are out there flexing their philanthropic muscles instead of acting like whiny victims and spewing misinformation.

So you like a POTUS that feeds you some bullsh1t that you can gargle with instead of telling the truth and putting America 1st. Got it.

4 minutes ago, lod001 said:

So you like a POTUS that feeds you some bullsh1t that you can gargle with instead of telling the truth and putting America 1st. Got it.

Trumpers unironically say their guy tells you the truth. And you wonder why people think you’re cultists and dolts. :lol: 

It's a sad day in America when you have to decide which side you are on, Trumps or Bidens.  

Is there a door number 3?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

It's a sad day in America when you have to decide which side you are on, Trumps or Bidens.  

Why is it sad to choose Trump if he runs?

4 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Why is it sad to choose Trump if he runs?

Because he posts sh1t like the above.  Because he tried to give the West Bank to King Abdullah.  Because he tried to trade Puerto Rico for Greenland, straight up.

Come on, you're not serious, right?

Mine isn't very good at all, I just can't get that NY vocal intonation at all, you add in all the hand gestures(I don't move my hands much when I speak) and it's just a really bad impression. 

I can do a real good Bill Clinton though!

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

"America First" sounds all catchy, but it's just another term for isolationist and nationalism, which hasn't worked in the past and can be downright dangerous.  The term also has a racist history. 

2 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

"America First" sounds all catchy, but it's just another term for isolationist and nationalism, which hasn't worked in the past and can be downright dangerous.  The term also has a racist history. 

Its OK to be "America first" only when it politically helps the left, like Obama bombing Libya.  Or Putin.  or XI.  Or playing world police when a democrat is president in general.  if a republican is president, then "America first" is wrong.  I understand the nuance. 

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

Vote 3rd party or not at all.

19 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Lol

16 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Its OK to be "America first" only when it politically helps the left, like Obama bombing Libya.  Or Putin.  or XI.  Or playing world police when a democrat is president in general.  if a republican is president, then "America first" is wrong.  I understand the nuance. 

Isolationism and nationalism are not good, regardless of what side of the political fence you reside. 

It was actually a Democrat - Woodrow Wilson - who first used the phrase as part of his 1916 campaign pledge to keep America out of World War I, and that didn't work out so great.