Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

The Henry Dilemma

Well, I hesitated to draft Henry in my five leagues but finally picked him in my last draft after some serious consternation.

I weighed the lobbying of weepaws and Alf against common sense. Tennessee lost their only legitimate wr, the o line was dismantled, and the qb was put on notice after the April draft:

In a sport that pays wr top dollar and devalues rb’s Henry is on life support. Question now is what is his value?

To be fair I’d like Axeelf to update us on his strategy to draft Taylor and Henry in his premier auction league. Also weepaws , do you have buyers remorse? I know I do.

Is Henry a bust this year because he’s on a bad offense? Time to dump him?

Henry owner also ...thing is... he's one of the few bell cows...buffalo is playing good ball ...tenn. next 5 games are alot softer...I got Dobbs stashed for my emergency backup plan ,but right now I wouldn't panic dudes a stud

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolves111 said:

I’d like Axeelf to update us on his strategy to draft Taylor and Henry in his premier auction league.

Short version - There are two run-centric leagues in which I drafted Henry and Taylor.  In the first, they scored just under 100 points in the first game, and 33 in the second.  In the second, they scored just over 100 points in the first, and 42 points in the second.

When they're on, they're killer.  When they both have a normal week at the same time, much less magical.  I am currently 1-1 in both leagues.

5 hours ago, wolves111 said:

Well, I hesitated to draft Henry in my five leagues but finally picked him in my last draft after some serious consternation.

I weighed the lobbying of weepaws and Alf against common sense. Tennessee lost their only legitimate wr, the o line was dismantled, and the qb was put on notice after the April draft:

In a sport that pays wr top dollar and devalues rb’s Henry is on life support. Question now is what is his value?

To be fair I’d like Axeelf to update us on his strategy to draft Taylor and Henry in his premier auction league. Also weepaws , do you have buyers remorse? I know I do.

Is Henry a bust this year because he’s on a bad offense? Time to dump him?

He hasn’t produced what I had hoped after two games , but right now there isn’t anything I can do about it, I was only able to draft him on one team, and it was a later first rd half ppr style 14 teams. 

Yeah I wish he had produced  more ff points of course in those first two games, I knew and understood the changes on the team, but I still think he’ll rebound has this season rolls along.  

Great post OP.  

Watch the tape. If it’s a newbie o line the run game should see some improvement. Is Henry pushing the pile or breaking tackles?

looking at their wr corps, TN might want to get Hilliard on the field more with Henry. Keep your playmakers on the field.

I expect Buffalo to be a force this year on their way to a rematch with the Chiefs in the AFC Championship.

22 minutes ago, DrG said:

I expect Buffalo to be a force this year on their way to a rematch with the Chiefs in the AFC Championship.

You know they didn't meet in the AFC Championship Game last year, right?

Or did you mean a rematch of their game in Week 6 THIS year?

This year I expect the playoff rematch to be the axual AFC title game. 

Game 6 wii be a nice appetizer though.

He isn't dead yet and his value is still mostly what it was- maybe like 95%. He isn't going to get back or be had for cents on the dollar. Some of his stuff will even out but it was foolish for people to pretend like losing AJ Brown, and the offensive line changing would not affect him. 

There were legitimate reasons why people who know these things saw some warning signs for the year.

• Like 1

A form of regression to the mean …

37 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

He isn't dead yet and his value is still mostly what it was- maybe like 95%. He isn't going to get back or be had for cents on the dollar. Some of his stuff will even out but it was foolish for people to pretend like losing AJ Brown, and the offensive line changing would not affect him. 

There were legitimate reasons why people who know these things saw some warning signs for the year.

I think it's an incredible buy low opportunity. How often do you get a chance to buy a player with Henry's potential for this cheap during the season? Henry is going to get fed if they want any chance of making the playoffs. That division is total crap, so I expect tons of Henry

30 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I think it's an incredible buy low opportunity. How often do you get a chance to buy a player with Henry's potential for this cheap during the season? Henry is going to get fed if they want any chance of making the playoffs. That division is total crap, so I expect tons of Henry

Henry will be fine.  just dont expect consistent top 3 numbers.    hes a RB1 for sure.  that hasnt changed.  but for fantasy I just dont think hes elite anymore.   The line isnt as good and the lost of the WR1 will affect his numbers some because the offense as a whole wont be as good.   When that happens and the team starts playing from behind, that hurts the RB stats big time.