Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Start with Hello

21 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’m sure the GC will think this does nothing, but if you want to address the true causes of school shootings (bullying being a major one IMO), this is a good start.

https://www.sandyhookpromiselearning.org/start-with-hello#:~:text=The three goals of the Start With Hello,isolated. 3 Grow an empathetic and inclusive community.

Actually I think that is a great idea; getting after the root cause vs. frothing about them gunz$#@!  :cheers: 

• Like 1

Loneliness and feelings of isolation (certainly amplified over the last several years) are perhaps the biggest issues facing everyone in the US.  Seems like a good idea. 

• Haha 1

Since the effort to end bullying in school took hold shootings have gone up. I think we need more bullying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Since the effort to end bullying in school took hold shootings have gone up. I think we need more bullying.

Has the “effort to end bullying” actually coincided with less bullying thus far?  I doubt it.  But if you start it young we may have less bullies by the time they’re in high school.

Just now, TimHauck said:

Has the “effort to end bullying” actually coincided with less bullying thus far?  I doubt it.  But if you start it young we may have less bullies by the time they’re in high school.

Oh absolutely it has, which is why we need to bring it back. 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Interesting info, albeit a bit dated (article from 2019, data from 2016-2017).  Thanks for sharing.

It seems to be focusing on since Columbine though…Was there much anti-bullying push after Columbine?  I thought it was moreso people trying to ban video games.  

The link I shared was started by Sandy Hook parents, which was in 2012 so only a few years before that data is from.

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Interesting info, albeit a bit dated (article from 2019, data from 2016-2017).  Thanks for sharing.

It seems to be focusing on since Columbine though…Was there much anti-bullying push after Columbine?  I thought it was moreso people trying to ban video games.  

The link I shared was started by Sandy Hook parents, which was in 2012 so only a few years before that data is from.

Bro I know you're out of touch and you'll twist things to try and prove your point. but you're wrong. Schools since the '90s have tried and for the most part have been successful in curtailing bullying. 

It hasn't worked. We need bullying. It's good for kids to bring them back in line with society. 

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Bro I know you're out of touch and you'll twist things to try and prove your point. but you're wrong. Schools since the '90s have tried and for the most part have been successful in curtailing bullying. 

It hasn't worked. We need bullying. It's good for kids to bring them back in line with society. 

Nobody bullied Salvador Ramos, that’s for sure

Ole Tim is now on a list. Are you trying to tell us something ole timmy? Are you about to snap ole Timmy?  Gotta say I kinda saw this coming from you Timmy 

Start with me?! Fock you buddy, let's start with you 🤬

4 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Dumbest thread ever?

Can’t be more dumb than trying to argue that “I could care less” is proper grammar or falling for obvious twitter troll accounts

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Can’t be more dumb than trying to argue that “I could care less” is proper grammar or falling for obvious twitter troll accounts

You started a thread about that?  Wow, get triggered much? 

What a loser.  

On 9/21/2022 at 7:48 PM, Cdub100 said:

Learn how to fight and if someone bullies you, beat the shlt out of them and tell them if they ever bully another kid in the school, it will happen again to them. That may curb their desire to bully. There are not that many bullies in these schools. They are way outnumbered. The school should encourage the good students to stick up for themselves. 

On 9/21/2022 at 7:48 PM, Cdub100 said:

I also lost my pet rock. 

On 10/27/2022 at 11:20 AM, TimHauck said:

On 10/27/2022 at 11:52 AM, Horseman said:

You started a thread about that?  Wow, get triggered much? 

What a loser.  

Horseman, say hello to Tim.