Sign in to follow this  
taco breath

Best Golf Rage Moments!

Years ago, I was in a fantasy football league, and one of the women in the league created all kinds of social-media drama over some golf clubs. A female friend of mine had put up the clubs for sale on Craigslist, and the league woman accused clubs woman of stealing the clubs from an ex-boyfriend and friend of league woman.

League woman accused clubs woman of being a meth head, which I knew was false because she had bought a life-insurance policy from me and tested negative for drugs.

As it turns out, the ex-boyfriend had left the clubs - a cheap set you can find at Academy - behind after a failed stint in rehab for alcoholism. He was in the social-media discussion and acting like a whiny b!tch.

Clubs woman tried many times to ship the clubs back to the ex, who lived out of state, but he wouldn't provide an address, so she just said fock it and put them up on Craigslist.

I made all manner of fun at league woman and alcoholic and changed me team name to the Golf Club Furies, complete with a photo of a guy throwing all of his clubs in a lake.

I didn't get invited back for the next season.

im just glad this wasnt a disc golf video. as much as I enjoy playing it from time to time, I can't imagine watching and posting videos of other people playing it. 

I'm a mellow guy in general, and on the course as well, except for one time playing with my (then future) BIL.  And it was the first time I met him.

My toof had abscessed on the flight there, and my face looked like somebody hit me with a pipe.  I had some happy pills I got from the ER there, but I was still in some pain.  On the last hole I hit an 8 iron pure, but it clipped the one and only one teeny tiny branch sticking out and it dropped straight down (all golfers have been there, I know).  But this time I just rotated the club a little and sledge hammered the blade into the ground.

Afterward BIL said to his sister, "uh, is he often like that?"  Thankfully she said, "no, I've never really seen him get angry," instead of dumping me.  :cheers: 

25 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm a mellow guy in general, and on the course as well, except for one time playing with my (then future) BIL.  And it was the first time I met him.

My toof had abscessed on the flight there, and my face looked like somebody hit me with a pipe.  I had some happy pills I got from the ER there, but I was still in some pain.  On the last hole I hit an 8 iron pure, but it clipped the one and only one teeny tiny branch sticking out and it dropped straight down (all golfers have been there, I know).  But this time I just rotated the club a little and sledge hammered the blade into the ground.

Afterward BIL said to his sister, "uh, is he often like that?"  Thankfully she said, "no, I've never really seen him get angry," instead of dumping me.  :cheers: 

I've never gotten mad playing golf, largely because I just enjoy being out there, drinking beer and cheating like crazy. My foot wedge is the bestest.

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

My foot wedge is the bestest.

"Don't count that!  I was interfered with."

18 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

and cheating like crazy. My foot wedge is the bestest.

so you do share something in common with trump ;)

55 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

nice. When I was a junior golfer I had an awful temper. I would walk off the course (not actual matches or anything), I broke two clubs simply practicing in my backyard hitting into a net. A NET. Didn't like how i was swinging or hitting it and decided to fling my 3 wood at the ground, across the yard, and it skipped up into a tree trunk and broke the shaft. That made me more mad so after switching to a 5 wood, I took one swing and proceeded to do the same thing with the same result. Honestly don't think I could have done that if i tried. Having to pay with my own money to get the shafts replaced quickly taught me my lesson on breaking clubs. 

still had a temper though. a bad hole, hell a bad shot would ruin my round. Id "quit" Edjr style for weeks or months. Probably slammed some clubs like a baby without breaking them. 

Golf became so much easier and more fun when I stopped caring. Once I stopped caring about getting better, or my score for every round or every hole, I became so much better. 

I'll still catch myself, even these days, muttering to myself after bad start "should have stayed home today, slept in, etc". But I nip it there.... and that generally only happens when I decide to play myself and am paired with randoms.

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

nice. When I was a junior golfer I had an awful temper. I would walk off the course (not actual matches or anything), I broke two clubs simply practicing in my backyard hitting into a net. A NET. Didn't like how i was swinging or hitting it and decided to fling my 3 wood at the ground, across the yard, and it skipped up into a tree trunk and broke the shaft. That made me more mad so after switching to a 5 wood, I took one swing and proceeded to do the same thing with the same result. Honestly don't think I could have done that if i tried. Having to pay with my own money to get the shafts replaced quickly taught me my lesson on breaking clubs. 

still had a temper though. a bad hole, hell a bad shot would ruin my round. Id "quit" Edjr style for weeks or months. Probably slammed some clubs like a baby without breaking them. 

Golf became so much easier and more fun when I stopped caring. Once I stopped caring about getting better, or my score for every round or every hole, I became so much better. 

I'll still catch myself, even these days, muttering to myself after bad start "should have stayed home today, slept in, etc". But I nip it there.... and that generally only happens when I decide to play myself and am paired with randoms.

Also nice.  :D I'm not saying I'm some buddhist monk who never gets mad; I certainly get disappointed/upset with bad shots.  Mostly I'll just do one of those "reswing really fast and angry" kinda things.  

I also have in my mind that I've maybe tossed a club or two in my youth, because in my mind I feel like I've learned that if you toss a club, toss it low because the gravity will break the club.  But I have no specific memory of doing that, and I know I've never broken a club. :dunno: 

I once described it to my wife as follows:  golf is the ultimate competitive sport; that is why you see people like Michael Jordan so into it.  In baseball the pitcher makes a good pitch, in basketball the offensive player makes a good move, etc., you tip your hat.  In golf your ball can be sitting there, nice flat lie, 150 yards from the hole, and you still spray it out of bounds.  You can almost always do better, and you usually can't blame other factors.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

Was at a course in Alabama. Had a great round. Got to the club house to get beers and a sammich with my guys. Paying out, this guy takes his clubb bag and chunks it in the pond on  eighteen. I was laughing hysterically and said “ Bet he jumps back in!!! Double or nothing???”  

Dude gets a drink. Idiot realizes his car keys and wallet is in the bag. Jumps in the water and retrieves his keys and wallet. Left his Hogans. 

21 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

im just glad this wasnt a disc golf video. as much as I enjoy playing it from time to time, I can't imagine watching and posting videos of other people playing it.