Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

TNF Discussion: Steelers at Browns - Wk3

And Najee eats a lost fumble on the garbage play.  Wunnerful.  So he WAS almost a full point above his projection... Now, more than a point under it.

Sometimes you know that you are going to have a fantasy season where nothing seems to go your way in one league. The one league I am 0-2 in is shaping up that way. 

This week I was projected to win by 3 points. My opponent had 1 guy playing. A guy who had 6 targets and 4 catches for 39 yards. He had scored 7.9 points COMBINED in two games and was projected for 7.6. Last night he had 10 targets, 9 catches, 89 yards, and a touchdown for 23.9 fantasy points...I am now projected to lose by 13 points.

Thanks a lot David Njoku. 

11 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

Oh, man, some people are going to end up losing on that defensive TD.

I went from having a 2 point night from the Cleveland defense to a 10 point night. 

You guys (Mooney and axeelf) seem to mention projections alot.  Are you guys talking about the yahoo projections?  Those are trash.  Who cares what they project?

12 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

Oh, man, some people are going to end up losing on that defensive TD.

Yep, went from 2pts to 10... of course I'm playing Cle D this week

17 minutes ago, nobody said:

You guys (Mooney and axeelf) seem to mention projections alot.  Are you guys talking about the yahoo projections?  Those are trash.  Who cares what they project?

The ones I specifically mentioned here were from ESPN which is usually pretty decent.

I don't put an overabundance of stock in projections but I mention them because it is the easiest way to talk about the league without constantly going into the point value differences in certain leagues. It's shorthand more than anything and it does underscore that either way Njoku did better than I think could've been reasonably expected last night.