Sign in to follow this  
edjr

IAN IS COMING FOR FLORIDA! DOOMSDAY!

https://weather.com/safety/hurricane/news/2022-09-23-tropical-depression-nine-tropical-storm-hurricane-florida

Tropical Depression Nine Could Become Major Hurricane Threat For Florida

Tropical Depression Nine is tracking through the Caribbean Sea and may become a serious hurricane threat for the northwestern Caribbean and Southeast U.S. next week, including Florida.

We are still in the very early stage of tracking this latest system. There are aspects of the forecast in which we have more confidence, while others remain uncertain, which is typical for tropical forecasting this far out in time.

Here's a look at everything we know right now.

Latest Status

Tropical Depression Nine is located in the central Caribbean Sea and is moving west-northwest.

It's still battling wind shear, but finally became organized enough to be deemed a tropical depression on Friday morning.

Heavy rain is the main threat from this system right now in Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. Flash flooding and mudslides are possible in these areas.

Latest forecast calls for it to come ashore as a Category 1 or 2, but that could change dramatically.

It has been a remarkably quiet hurricane season, thanks to Saharan dust in the early part of summer followed by cool fronts already rolling in.

But this one could fock some sh!t up.

Just now, Pimpadeaux said:

Latest forecast calls for it to come ashore as a Category 1 or 2, but that could change dramatically.

It has been a remarkably quiet hurricane season, thanks to Saharan dust in the early part of summer followed by cool fronts already rolling in.

But this one could fock some sh!t up.

I am going to Orlando October 19 for 2 weeks with a week home in between. 1 week is a golf trip. Hopefully no hurricanes 😐

Well scratch that. Latest forecast calls for it to come ashore as a major hurricane, meaning Category 3 or greater.

Looks like Tampa could be focked.

I hope it doesn't develop into a major hurricane. Unfortunately, hurricanes have affected the Gulf of Mexico for 1000's of years. 

The news outlets said that hurricane season is ramping up.  Shortages galore in the coming weeks.

17 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

The news outlets said that hurricane season is ramping up.  Shortages galore in the coming weeks.

BIDEN!

:mad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Well scratch that. Latest forecast calls for it to come ashore as a major hurricane, meaning Category 3 or greater.

Hopefully it takes Brady and Gazelle. The world doesn't need them. 

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I blame all the windmills 

29 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Shortages galore in the coming weeks.

Already happening. Wife says she bought the last box of toilet paper from store today. 

We're in Orlando where hurricanes never do much, except cause shortages.

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Already happening. Wife says she bought the last box of toilet paper from store today. 

We're in Orlando where hurricanes never do much, except cause shortages.

Box?

3 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

i am not scratching anyhing of yours.  and neither is any sane member on this forum.

24 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Box?

he doesnt have time to box.  a hurricane is coming.  pay attention.     j/k

3 hours ago, edjr said:

Hopefully it takes Brady and Gazelle. The world doesn't need them. 

its brady and gizzface.

4 hours ago, porkbutt said:

number nine

number nine

number nine

number nine

My in laws are supposed to close on a house in Port Charlotte on Saturday :doh: 

22 minutes ago, edjr said:

Well, guess they still have time to get out of it. 

7 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Well, guess they still have time to get out of it. 

They do. But lose the 3k they put down

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

They do. But lose the 3k they put down

Ouch. But honestly, living in that area is a year to year risk anyway. I lived down there some while back, and you just have to deal with the realities of hurricanes. 

6 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Ouch. But honestly, living in that area is a year to year risk anyway. I lived down there some while back, and you just have to deal with the realities of hurricanes. 

I heard today there hasn't been an eye of a storm like this to hit that part of Florida in a century

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

I heard today there hasn't been an eye of a storm like this to hit that part of Florida in a century

That's scary. I think it was hurricane Charley in 2004 that just wiped out Punta Gorda right next Port Charlotte. I remember driving over there a few days after the hurricane just to see and the place was destroyed. I think it caused like $17 billion in damages.

On 9/23/2022 at 3:32 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t remember a lot of hurricanes 2017-2020. 

The 2017 season was the costliest hurricane season on record, with almost $300 billion in damages, a lot of it due to Hurricane Harvey. 

Three of the costliest hurricanes in U.S. history - Harvey, Maria and Irma - hit in 2017.

The 2020 season - which was two years ago, if you can't overcome your calendrical issues - was third costliest.

But thanks for being an ongoing fountain of dumbassery!

😂

12 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

The 2017 season was the costliest hurricane season on record, with almost $300 billion in damages, a lot of it due to Hurricane Harvey. 

Three of the costliest hurricanes in U.S. history - Harvey, Maria and Irma - hit in 2017.

The 2020 season - which was two years ago, if you can't overcome your calendrical issues - was third costliest.

But thanks for being an ongoing fountain of dumbassery!

😂

You have no sense of humor.  Yeah, dumbass, I think presidents control the weather.  But thanks for the laugh. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You have no sense of humor.  Yeah, dumbass, I think presidents control the weather.  But thanks for the laugh. 

Oh, NOW you say you're making a funny. 

You make craftsman look like Chris Rock.

😂

Yarrr, she blows!

https://www.windy.com/?26.515,-82.760,7

Making a bee-line to Orlando.  Skip the tracker ahead and the eye projects to be over my house at 1 pm Thursday.

Everyone is getting ready - neighbors fixing gutters and trimming trees, lines at the gas station and many with gas tanks to run generators, stores running low on supplies.

Me? I got beer. Power will probably go out early Thursday, and then back on Friday morning at the latest. If I never post here again, it's because God smited me for being a pr*ck.

3 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Yarrr, she blows!

https://www.windy.com/?26.515,-82.760,7

Making a bee-line to Orlando.  Skip the tracker ahead and the eye projects to be over my house at 1 pm Thursday.

Everyone is getting ready - neighbors fixing gutters and trimming trees, lines at the gas station and many with gas tanks to run generators, stores running low on supplies.

Me? I got beer. Power will probably go out early Thursday, and then back on Friday morning at the latest. If I never post here again, it's because God smited me for being a pr*ck.

Good luck man! 

3 hours ago, edjr said:

It may not be there.

I've always thought it would be kinda cool to ride one out.  Of course with no risk.  No house to lose etc etc.  

On 9/23/2022 at 8:37 PM, lod001 said:

The track has fluctuated between Homosassa to south of Marco island. Currently Cape Coral area. Hopefully it moves a little east and hits the everglades on landfall.

https://www.windy.com/?2022092818,26.480,-79.585,6

Cape Coral. Windy had it right a week ago. The European model is the one to follow.

It's Charley 2.0.

This is The Weather Channels' 2022 super bowl.