Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

At what point do you think abortion should be illegal?

At what point do you think abortion should be illegal  

30 members have voted

1. 1. At what point do you think abortion should be illegal

• Fertilization
    • Heartbeat detected
    • Sometime between 6-12 weeks
    • Sometime between 13-18 weeks
    • Sometime between 19-24 weeks
    • Sometime between 25-40 weeks
    • No restrictions

Simple question I think.  Seems to be being avoided in the other thread though so figured I’d start a new one.

No copouts of “let the states decide” - if you had the power to make the laws of your state, what would it be

edit: added poll

End of the second trimester with wide exceptions for the health and welfare of the mother and viability of the fetus.

Certain posters may still need to be aborted so probably like age 60?

• Haha 1

can we get a politics forearm around here?

@drobeski

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Just curious 

I already told you. Decide at the state level. I never have and never will put myself in a situation where abortion would ever be involved in my life. It's extremely easy for me and my girlfriend to manage having babies or not. Same for me and my previous GFs. It's not difficult in the least to take precautions. 

If you live in a democrat run city, you probably want abortions because those who vote for democrats are infinitely stupid. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

@Timhauck

@TimHauck

@TimHauck

@TimHauck

hi

I already voted.  Did you?

this thread is just a trap.  i mean, the liberals here never answer questions that put them on the defense.  they are not here for genuine conversation.  if they would like some replies to this, they need to go back several years and join in the conversation on all the topics where the democrats made a mess.

its always the same.  biden screws up, a thread starts, the liberals run and hide.  or some crazy elected democrat makes a death threat, they run and hide.  but then they wamt YOU to engage on a topic THEY want.  screw em.  eat static.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I already voted.  Did you?

your a liberal here.  you do not get to ask questions because your side never steps up and engages when its something about your side.  you do not get to run guilt trips.  you do not get to run personal attacks.  get bent good sir.

I voted 13-18 weeks, and anything after that only if the mother's health is at risk. 

This shouldn't be left up to the states, because in states such as Texas, if a dad rapes and knocks up his 11-year-old daughter, she'd have to have it if a heartbeat is detected, even if she'll likely die during childbirth and baby won't live outside the womb. Focking barbaric. 

• Like 1

I voted 13-18 weeks to put something out there, but I am neither pro-life nor pro-choice and abortion has not ever been a factor I take into consideration when choosing candidates.

I do think it should be a state matter.

• Thanks 2

I like this thread because I really don't understand the terms pro-choice/pro-life. Most people are in the middle, which can be seen here. Especially the worst are people who use the terms anti-choice/anti-life. 

I really don't care about abortion. I'm incredibly uncomfortable with killing a fetus. I think it's selfish and awful. I'm also incredibly uncomfortable with telling a woman what to do with her body. It's a lose/lose to me so it's not an issue. 

2 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I like this thread because I really don't understand the terms pro-choice/pro-life. Most people are in the middle, which can be seen here. Especially the worst are people who use the terms anti-choice/anti-life. 

why is anti-life bad?  if you think its just murder, period, what option do they have?

Just now, Brad GLuckman said:

I like it as well. 

I think it's morally wrong if a woman terminates a pregnancy because it's inconvenient for her. She could carry it to term and adopt it out, seeing as there are so many people who want to adopt.

But up to a certain point I support a woman's right to make that decision.

4 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Could've put "only in the case of life of the mother is in jeopardy" or "only in instance of rape, incest, life of the mother" since a lot of people hold those positions. 

6 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

why is anti-life bad?  if you think its just murder, period, what option do they have?

Because it's a term used to denigrate the other side and it's untrue.

Pro-lifers aren't against abortion because they hate women and don't want them to be able to choose what to do with their body. They just believe that it is a human life and is sacred.

Pro-choicers don't love killing babies. They just want women to have the freedom to make medical decisions about their own body.

Again, I say this as most people are in the middle and these terms don't even really apply. As a society, we can't have rational discussions though. We have to demonize the other side.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Because it's a term used to denigrate the other side and it's untrue.

Pro-lifers aren't against abortion because they hate women and don't want them to be able to choose what to do with their body. They just believe that it is a human life and is sacred.

Pro-choicers don't love killing babies. They just want women to have the freedom to make medical decisions about their own body.

Again, I say this as most people are in the middle and these terms don't even really apply. As a society, we can't have rational discussions though. We have to demonize the other side.

Outstanding post.

57 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Do you think it’s “murder, period”?

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Depends, how old is craftsman?

His Utoilet handle had a 95 y/o dad and 27 y/o daughter. This version is an apartment dweller which dates teenagers.

:dunno: 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

His Utoilet handle had a 95 y/o dad and 27 y/o daughter. This version is an apartment dweller which dates teenagers.

:dunno: 

I was thinking more along the lines of his girlfriend being pregnancy-proof due to her needing an air pump to be coital-ready. 

My choice wasn’t there. Here’s mine: unfettered abortion. As many as you want, anytime, up to and including birth. But you have to acknowledge you are ending a life. I feel many women regret their abortion and that may save them the anguish.  Also no money for them and planned parenthood or anything like it are banned. If it’s healthcare, then let it be done at a hospital.  There shouldn’t be a corporation dedicated to abortions. 

2 hours ago, craftsman said:

I already told you. Decide at the state level. I never have and never will put myself in a situation where abortion would ever be involved in my life. It's extremely easy for me and my girlfriend to manage having babies or not. Same for me and my previous GFs. It's not difficult in the least to take precautions. 

If you live in a democrat run city, you probably want abortions because those who vote for democrats are infinitely stupid. 

That's not an answer. The OP specifically stated no copouts like "let the states decide". What is your view on the issue?

I would also like to acknowledge the women that choose  to not get an abortion because of an unplanned pregnancy or they are just hoo-ers. It’s  sad that they are too dumb to figure out birth control after like 1975, but at least they aren’t ending a life. Tip of the hat ladies! 

According to the logic in the heartbeat thread, the prefrontal cortex doesn't fully develop until 25 years old, so I'll say 25 years 9 months.  👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

According to the logic in the heartbeat thread, the prefrontal cortex doesn't fully develop until 25 years old, so I'll say 25 years 9 months.  👍

Digby’s on the cusp 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My choice wasn’t there. Here’s mine: unfettered abortion. As many as you want, anytime, up to and including birth. But you have to acknowledge you are ending a life. I feel many women regret their abortion and that may save them the anguish.  Also no money for them and planned parenthood or anything like it are banned. If it’s healthcare, then let it be done at a hospital.  There shouldn’t be a corporation dedicated to abortions. 

So mark you down for “no restrictions” on the timeline then?

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So mark you down for “no restrictions” on the timeline then?

No. I explained my restrictions. If you don’t acknowledge you’re ending a life you can’t have one. And let that dumb slut pay for it herself. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No. I explained my restrictions. If you don’t acknowledge you’re ending a life you can’t have one. And let that dumb slut pay for it herself. 

The father shouldn’t have to pay anything if they agreed with the decision?

20 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I didn’t see an option for whether the mother was fully vaccinated for COVID 19.

End thread :lol::banana: