Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Nyheim Hines- what r u guys doing?

Recommended Posts

Bought into the hype last week and flexed him with pedestrian result. With shorter benches, is there value in making an effort to keep him or can he be dropped? Ppr specifically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's rosterable in PPR leagues, but I wouldn't want to be counting on him as a weekly starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Taylor owner I have him stashed on my bench as a just in case, but we have 7 bench spots so I can afford to do that. Definitely rosterable in PPR formats. There are some tough games coming up so game play may stick with Taylor vs getting more action in blowouts. If you can hold him I would but depends on who you'd drop him for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I would agree if one has the space I would roster him in half and full ppr. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosterable in PPR but he’s just a stopgap. The idea was Indy was going to have a good offense - not even worse than last year :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2022 at 1:21 PM, rotisserieking said:

As a Taylor owner I have him stashed on my bench as a just in case, but we have 7 bench spots so I can afford to do that. Definitely rosterable in PPR formats. There are some tough games coming up so game play may stick with Taylor vs getting more action in blowouts. If you can hold him I would but depends on who you'd drop him for.

This is basically me.  I've got Taylor in a deep keeper and drafted Hines as a handcuff with standalone value if I need it.  He's a high floor, low ceiling backup to provide bye week value unless Taylor goes down IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Rosterable in PPR but he’s just a stopgap. The idea was Indy was going to have a good offense - not even worse than last year :( 

Brother$#@!  Come back to the dark place, we miss you.  :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Brother$#@!  Come back to the dark place, we miss you.  :cheers:

I posted over there in the music/concert thread. Not my fault Strike got me banned 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2022 at 7:50 PM, jerryskids said:

and drafted Hines as a handcuff

I read an article this off-season which basically said if the handcuff is a worthwhile starter - it might make sense. Otherwise, it's just wasting a draft pick and clogging up a roster spot. 

It reminded me of last year when I drafted McCaffery and later Chuba Hubbard. Yeah, I had a starting RB when McCaff eventually went down, but Hubbard sucked when he played and wasted a roster spot the rest of the season when he didn't. Looking back I think I would've been better off using that draft pick on someone else and freeing up roster space.

I'm not saying Hines will be as bad as Chuba, but I've changed the way I think about drafting handcuffs.  Unless they're really good, I'd rather roll the dice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't do handcuffs either unless they are the likes of Mattison, Herbert, Pollard, etc. but Hines has stand-alone value in PPR and will now get more play in the run game than usual.

I wouldn't expect 100 yards on the ground, but he could get 30-40 plus 5-6 catches for another 40-50 and that ain't bad. I'm mean, outside of Pittman, the Colts have to get it to someone before Ryan turns it over!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I read an article this off-season which basically said if the handcuff is a worthwhile starter - it might make sense. Otherwise, it's just wasting a draft pick and clogging up a roster spot. 

It reminded me of last year when I drafted McCaffery and later Chuba Hubbard. Yeah, I had a starting RB when McCaff eventually went down, but Hubbard sucked when he played and wasted a roster spot the rest of the season when he didn't. Looking back I think I would've been better off using that draft pick on someone else and freeing up roster space.

I'm not saying Hines will be as bad as Chuba, but I've changed the way I think about drafting handcuffs.  Unless they're really good, I'd rather roll the dice.

You deleted the rest of my post where I discussed Hines' standalone value. :dunno:

plus I'll be starting him Thursday with Taylor out. :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Don't forget about Deon Jackson on non-passing downs.

Someone must run, but that career 15-28-1.9 avg with zero receptions is not the most inspiring thing to see. I think I'd trust Lindsay more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I needed him this week I'd start him with confidence. I just don't. I think in PPR he is a lock for 15+ points. I'm going to stick with Jeff Wilson in my flex.

Plus I already have Russ, Jeudy and Pittman in the game. I don't want to add another player in the game and have my week ride more heavily on a TNF matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Law said:

Someone must run, but that career 15-28-1.9 avg with zero receptions is not the most inspiring thing to see. I think I'd trust Lindsay more.

Seeing as how his "career" is one season long--and he spent most of it on the practice squad--I'm not sure that "career stats" are particularly relevant.

He did rush for 110 yards and a TD on 19 preseason carries last year, and as we all know, preseason stats are the most important thing in gauging NFL talent.

I won't trust Lindsay at all unless they decide to elevate him from the practice squad for Thursday's game, and even then he'll be third in line for touches on a team that has struggled to move the ball on the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flex play at best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hes on the wire in my league and I am not touching him.  but its also not a PPR league where a guy like this holds more value.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ppr start

standard sit

different look for the Colts this week and Hines should be quite fresh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should have at least one of Keenan Allen and Chris Godwin back this week, or I'd be flexing Deon Jackson in one of my run-centric leagues.  If he gets 10 carries for 40 yards, he'll probly score about as much as those WRs anyway.  If he gets a TD on top, I may be losing points by NOT starting him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I should have at least one of Keenan Allen and Chris Godwin back this week, or I'd be flexing Deon Jackson in one of my run-centric leagues.  If he gets 10 carries for 40 yards, he'll probly score about as much as those WRs anyway.  If he gets a TD on top, I may be losing points by NOT starting him.

Deon Jackson has 7.73 points in that league at the half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Deon Jackson has 7.73 points in that league at the half.

Good call he passed the eyeball test I like him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×