Sign in to follow this  
shorepatrol

TNF

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

Concussed last week, now he's focked.

This is why you don't mess around with brain injuries.  The NFL is focked for covering up last week's concussion 

It wasn’t the NFL’s fault. They have a protocol that the Bengals didn’t follow. They have an investigation going on for it. The Bengals said it was a back injury that caused him to almost collapse last week. 

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Probably shouldn’t have been playing after the concussion they ignored last week. 

Dolphins promise he was drunk stumbling last week due to his back. :lol:

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It wasn’t the NFL’s fault. They have a protocol that the Bengals didn’t follow. They have an investigation going on for it. The Bengals said it was a back injury that caused him to almost collapse last week. 

Dolphins 

Dolphins.  I wouldn't doubt the NFL looked the other way

You're d!ck drunk. The DOLPHINS, not the Bengals 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Dolphins 

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Dolphins.  I wouldn't doubt the NFL looked the other way

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

You're d!ck drunk. The DOLPHINS, not the Bengals 

Brain fart. Had the Bengals in my head for some reason.

I’m assuming they get a major fine or something for not following protocol correctly. If last week wasn’t bad enough then tonight made it look twice as bad. 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I’m assuming they get a major fine or something for not following protocol correctly. If last week wasn’t bad enough then tonight made it look twice as bad. 

NHL will come down HARD on the Yankees for sure 

• Haha 4

Everybody watching the game Sunday knew he got his bell rung. The NFL is 100% responsible for this. No way Tua should have been on the field for the 2nd half on Sunday or for this game. What’s the point of knowing how to prevent serious injury from concussions if the NFL doesn’t actually follow the protocol?

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

2 concussions in 5 days, should be fine.

Apparently an independent NFL dr. cleared him of having a concussion. Not sure how it’s possible he didn’t last game. 

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

Tua throwing gang signs, he's done. 

I laughed....

I am going to hell

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Dolphins

piling on. 

3 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Concussed last week, now he's focked.

This is why you don't mess around with brain injuries.  The NFL is focked for covering up last week's concussion 

They cleared him last week.

7 hours ago, craftsman said:

They cleared him last week.

Makes you wonder if that third party dr. was paid off or not.  Not sure how he was cleared to play.

• Like 1

Video was terrible last night. I only watched a little bit

So the NFL has become over saturated for me at this point. I haven’t seen one minute of SNF this year and the only Monday or Thursday game I have made it to the end is the Giants game. I never thought I would willingly not watch the NFL product. They really need to find a way to get this Thursday game to Friday.  

7 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

Dolphins

piling on. 

Cut him some slack. We've seen from his other posts that everything is opposite from the truth in his world.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Makes you wonder if that third party dr. was paid off or not.  Not sure how he was cleared to play.

What indication was there last week that he shouldn't have been cleared? 

Why would a doctor in what I assume is a high paying gig in the NFL risk his livelihood for a few bucks and put someone at risk?

Last week and this week were 2 totally different games. He was slammed down pretty hard last night.

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

What indication was there last week that he shouldn't have been cleared? 

Why would a doctor in what I assume is a high paying gig in the NFL risk his livelihood for a few bucks and put someone at risk?

Last week and this week were 2 totally different games. He was slammed down pretty hard last night.

He was slammed down the same way last week.  The indication was watching him struggle to get up, shaking his head, stumbling, grabbing his head and then being helped off by his teammates.  I'm no expert but those are clear visual signs of a concussion.  You may be correct but something doesn't seem right about the whole thing.

28 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He was slammed down the same way last week.  The indication was watching him struggle to get up, shaking his head, stumbling, grabbing his head and then being helped off by his teammates.  I'm no expert but those are clear visual signs of a concussion.  You may be correct but something doesn't seem right about the whole thing.

I don't know what tests they do in the tent on the field for concussions, but I would think they have to stick to the results one way or another.

So if he cleared the tests but yet they think based on how he initially looked he should have been sat down, I guess it would be on the league to create a different rule and say that the visual of his immediate actions after the incident are equal or more important than the tests the doctor gives to the player. I don't think this is on the doctor and it's definitely not on the team if in fact he did suffer a concussion last game. 

22 minutes ago, craftsman said:

I don't know what tests they do in the tent on the field for concussions, but I would think they have to stick to the results one way or another.

So if he cleared the tests but yet they think based on how he initially looked he should have been sat down, I guess it would be on the league to create a different rule and say that the visual of his immediate actions after the incident are equal or more important than the tests the doctor gives to the player. I don't think this is on the doctor and it's definitely not on the team if in fact he did suffer a concussion last game. 

There is an investigation.  If there was fraud, then I don't know if anyone will crack.

There are 2 possibilities, gross negligence or fraud.  If he passed all the tests and he was somehow legit cleared to play, then that's negligence and the NFL needs to revamp it's protocol.  If this was a cover up and it gets exposed, then heads should roll and the NFL will be severely tarnished.  I hope it's the former.

12 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

One thing to note about the concussion protocol: the team doctor is allowed to overrule the independent doctor. 

Mike McDaniels is downplaying this? Dude, you just lost all your players’ respect if you’re gonna defend yourself instead of admitting a mistake. What a way to show your players you don’t care about them.

Sidney Crosby was out over a year. 

He(Tua) was concussed and it looked horrible.  All concussions can look bad like that.  They have to look at thinks like mental falculties..speech...vision..heaches..gait..etc.  everyone is flipping out like someones head should roll...but no one knows what tests he passed last week.   No fan or  fan dr can make a diagnosis based on what they saw on the field.  They have the cognitive tests etc in the tents.  Used to be they asked em if they knew the score and they would look at on the scoreboard lol.

9 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

He(Tua) was concussed and it looked horrible.  All concussions can look bad like that.  They have to look at thinks like mental falculties..speech...vision..heaches..gait..etc.  everyone is flipping out like someones head should roll...but no one knows what tests he passed last week.   No fan or  fan dr can make a diagnosis based on what they saw on the field.  They have the cognitive tests etc in the tents.  Used to be they asked em if they knew the score and they would look at on the scoreboard lol.

2 significant head injuries in 5 days, it's the worst case scenario. Anybody with eyeballs can see what happened here. It's a shame.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I was listening to NFL radio off and on today and they confirmed that Tua was tested and passed the on the field test and every day starting with Sunday through Thursday before the game. He passed all of them. I would think the only other thing the NFL could do is take it into their own hands and simply say, by looks of it, you have a concussion and you are done with football for good. It's their league. :dunno:

Seriously, if they, non doctors, go by "it looked bad so you are done for good", then what can anyone do?  

On 9/29/2022 at 6:26 PM, shorepatrol said:

Tua throwing gang signs, he's done. 

/Thread :doublethumbsup:

eta: post of the year consideration

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t think anyone will be getting cleared in game for quite a while now. Glad we play a modified best ball.