Sign in to follow this  
gridirongoofs

QB Help

I have Wentz after Dak went down. 

Lawrence, Goff and Wilson are available. I don't mind streaming a QB from week to week. 

Any opinions? Haha I'm laughing because we are all full of opinions. 

I think Wilson will turn things around with the weapons he has.

Lawrence looks better each week so far, and I think he’s legit…but I’m biased.  This week will be a test.  We’ll see if they are for real.

Of those options, I’d play the one with the best matchup based on weekly rankings for now.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Lawrence looks better each week so far, and I think he’s legit…but I’m biased.  This week will be a test.  We’ll see if they are for real.

Of those options, I’d play the one with the best matchup based on weekly rankings for now.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Of the 3 (not named Wilson - he's done), take the guy playing the crappiest defense who's playing home.

Thank you both. 

1 hour ago, gridirongoofs said:

I have Wentz after Dak went down. 

Lawrence, Goff and Wilson are available. I don't mind streaming a QB from week to week. 

Any opinions? Haha I'm laughing because we are all full of opinions. 

Looks like the Redskins will be playing the game with a third string center, and their ot is also not playing, I really like the play makers Wentz has, but he might be in for another rough day.  

Goff I do like, but no St Brown makes he hesitant picking him.  

Lawrence who is a better Qb so far this s axon than Brady is an interesting play, but that Eagles def is a one so far.  

So im picking Wilson out of that bunch, but if their two or three more Qb available OP? 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Looks like the Redskins will be playing the game with a third string center, and their ot is also not playing, I really like the play makers Wentz has, but he might be in for another rough day.  

Lawrence who is a better Qb so far this s axon than Brady is an interesting play, but that Eagles def is a one so far.  

So im picking Wilson out of that bunch, but if their two or three more Qb available OP? 

Thanks.  Those are the best in my humble opinion.... I'm not sure what OP stands for?

Here a few more that are available... Jones, Mariota, Ryan, Trubisky, Fields, G. Smith, Tannehill.

I like Mariota if Patterson indeed plays.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I like Mariota if Patterson indeed plays.  

And if he doesn't? I have Patterson. 

On 9/30/2022 at 9:53 AM, JagFan said:

On 9/30/2022 at 9:56 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Of the 3 (not named Wilson - he's done), take the guy playing the crappiest defense who's playing home.

On 9/30/2022 at 11:21 AM, weepaws said:

Thanks to all of you. Went with Goff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

clearly the right call.

and from the look of things, I'd say he may be more than just a streaming option this year.

41 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

Great job, Congrats on you making the right call. 

1 hour ago, gridirongoofs said:

Good job.  I need to start coming to you for advice!

9 hours ago, JagFan said:

Good job.  I need to start coming to you for advice!

Haha no no no. I've been away from FFB for a few years. I'll keep coming to you.  I do it to connect with my 19 year old son. I don't even watch the games. 

8 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

Grab Wilson (assuming Zach). Yeah I said it. Assuming this wasn't a 1 week thing.

It was Russell.  I think Zach Wilson is available. 

On 9/30/2022 at 9:53 AM, JagFan said:

On 9/30/2022 at 9:56 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

So based on this, I'm looking at Winston, Lawrence, Wentz, Z. Wilson or stay with Goff.

I know it's not a great matchup but G. Smith is putting up some numbers. 

I dont know why you'd stray from Goff.  Start him until he proves he shouldnt be started.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I dont know why you'd stray from Goff.  Start him until he proves he shouldnt be started.

Thank you. 

17 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Over Herbert?

34 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Over Herbert?

No. I have Goff. I dropped Wentz to get him. I got Wentz after Dak went down. 

49 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Over Herbert?

to my knowledge Herbert was never in the conversation.  Yes I'd start HIM over Goff and probably a couple others, but at this point Goff is a Must start with the way hes been playing.  I'd ride that horse until he bucks you off.

46 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

to my knowledge Herbert was never in the conversation.  Yes I'd start HIM over Goff and probably a couple others, but at this point Goff is a Must start with the way hes been playing.  I'd ride that horse until he bucks you off.

My bad. I have both on one of my leagues. I usually default to never bench your stars. Not that I didn’t entertain the idea of starting Goff.

40 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

My bad. I have both on one of my leagues. I usually default to never bench your stars. Not that I didn’t entertain the idea of starting Goff.

thankfully I've not had to choose between the two. 

I own herbert.    I might have started Goff when herbert was coming off the injury if I had him as it was questionable that he even plays that game.

but I get it.

1 hour ago, wolves111 said:

I'm only carrying 1 qb... I'm okay guessing and streaming. 

14 hours ago, gridirongoofs said:

So based on this, I'm looking at Winston, Lawrence, Wentz, Z. Wilson or stay with Goff.

I know it's not a great matchup but G. Smith is putting up some numbers. 

14 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I don't see Goff as a "must start".  Yeah, he had great games against crappy Seattle and Washington, but his other two games, he was around 15 or 16 points.  That's very poor for a QB.

I'd probably go with Wentz, or ugh, Winston.  Both Tennessee and Seattle defenses are pretty bad.  Even Lawrence against Houston.  But, division games are weird.  You may want to look into their history before going with him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't see Goff as a "must start".  Yeah, he had great games against crappy Seattle and Washington, but his other two games, he was around 15 or 16 points.  That's very poor for a QB.

I'd probably go with Wentz, or ugh, Winston.  Both Tennessee and Seattle defenses are pretty bad.  Even Lawrence against Houston.  But, division games are weird.  You may want to look into their history before going with him.

Thanks man. 

I would go with Lawrence.  

I was going to say Wentz , but his oline is so beat up.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I would go with Lawrence.  

I was going to say Wentz , but his oline is so beat up.  

Thank you. 

GOFF would be my top pick. He's playing probably the best of his career right now even with Swift and Amon-Ra out.  He may not go off against the Patriots but should be good for a couple of tds. The Lions could still find themselves behind in games which will benefit GOFF. Next I would consider Trevor Lawrence. This Jags team is starting to click on both sides of the ball under Doug Pederson's coaching. Their 2 rookie defensive guys Walker and.Devin Lloyd especially are.playing pretty good. Lawrence.seems to be in sync with overpaid Christian Kirk. Maybe he is worth the money if he continues to put up WR1 numbers. Everyone though Etienne would dominate the RB.position this year but it seems to be Robinson who's doing the work. His production helps Lawrence to develop and get better. So, it GOFF I'd take bit Lawrence will close the gap.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DocNiner said:

GOFF would be my top pick. He's playing probably the best of his career right now even with Swift and Amon-Ra out.  He may not go off against the Patriots but should be good for a couple of tds. The Lions could still find themselves behind in games which will benefit GOFF. Next I would consider Trevor Lawrence. This Jags team is starting to click on both sides of the ball under Doug Pederson's coaching. Their 2 rookie defensive guys Walker and.Devin Lloyd especially are.playing pretty good. Lawrence.seems to be in sync with overpaid Christian Kirk. Maybe he is worth the money if he continues to put up WR1 numbers. Everyone though Etienne would dominate the RB.position this year but it seems to be Robinson who's doing the work. His production helps Lawrence to develop and get better. So, it GOFF I'd take bit Lawrence will close the gap.

Thank you. 

Of those listed, I like Goff. That defense is giving up points in bunches and Goff has had to throw to keep up. I don't see that changing throughout the season unless they are playing a dud. (Bears) Hockenson and Amon-Ra are solid targets as well.