Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

Giants WR's

What do you guy's think about Shepard? Can he come back again (another 1 more time) and be a useful PPR WR. Or is this the final nail in his coffin?

James has been getting a lot of snaps so he should hopefully continue with about a 4 catch floor and occasional big play chance. Toney can’t stay healthy. Robinson did not wow in preseason games so is that lack of talent or adjusting to the NFL?

To Kopy’s post, he has a chance to come back a la Kevin Durant, but don’t see more than him hanging around the NFL for a few more years. Always like to be wrong about that.

And Golladay doesn’t want to play.  

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

And Golladay doesn’t want to play.  

if he wants out of new york, he wont have a better chance to showcase what he can do for a team.

smart move is to play like his life depended on it so there will be suitors trying to pry him out of New York

I’m not applying that Golladay wants to leave the Gmen, he hasn’t even contributed since he has been on the team. I’m thinking bigger picture, I’m wondering if he has the desire to even play in the nfl.  

If i'm taking my chance on anyone then it's Wan'Dale Robinson. He was handpicked by the new staff and will slide into the Sterling Shepard (Cole Beasely in Buffalo) role once he's back healthy. I just wish we knew more about what his status is exactly. 

Now with Taylor at Qb things might be looking up for those that own Gmen WRs.  

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Now with Taylor at Qb things might be looking up for those that own Gmen WRs.  

Danny dimes is just fine, and when both were in the game he was wayyyy better than Taylor. I know you don't watch but do you know how to read a box score? Taylor had a 5.6 rating. If you didn't know that is really bad. Speaking of the Giants, remember in the pre-season when you said multiple times they would be 0ne of the 3 worst teams in the NFL? No, well I do, and they are 3-1 led by star QB Danny Dimes.... MMMMMM....

Thanks...

• Thanks 1

It might have been one of the two worst teams, and that’s still going to happen.

3-1 today at the end of the month they will be 3-5.  

Taylor is going to start getting more playing time, they can’t live with Dimes with who they will be playing in their next four games. 

Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

It might have been one of the two worst teams, and that’s still going to happen.

3-1 today at the end of the month they will be 3-5.  

Taylor is going to start getting more playing time, they can’t live with Dimes with who they will be playing in their next four games. 

Thanks. 

Your stupidity has no limit apparently. I mean you’ve been 100% wrong so far why not double down on your moronic statements. Who knows maybe by the third or 4th try you will stumble into one that is at least partially correct..

You have a very weird fetish, you like to be proved wrong, I’m here to help. 

3-5 at the end of October, Taylor will be starting soon. 

Live it, love it, Learn it.  

Thanks. 

On 10/2/2022 at 7:13 PM, weepaws said:

Thanks. 

Ooops. Well that does it for this week folks. Stay tuned next week for another edition of Weepaws Nutty Nuggets of Nonsense…

• Haha 2

On 10/2/2022 at 5:13 PM, weepaws said:

Thanks. 

he just outdueled Aaron Rodgers.  I dont think we are seeing Tyrod anytime soon.

Thanks

Gmen will finsh October with a 4-4 record, it’s pretty simple.  

Then we will visit November. 

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

he just outdueled Aaron Rodgers.  I dont think we are seeing Tyrod anytime soon.

Thanks

Disagree, Jones did nothing to win that game today except he took snaps from the center.  He produced 11 ff while Rodgers had 20. 

If Taylor was active for today’s game , there is no question he would have been called upon.  

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Keep winning with the worst group of WRs in the league. Great coaching hire. 

Agreed.  

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Disagree, Jones did nothing to win that game today except he took snaps from the center.  He produced 11 ff while Rodgers had 20. 

If Taylor was active for today’s game , there is no question he would have been called upon.  

Thanks. 

Ignorance is Bliss…

I like it, this thread just gives me something to post and someone to post with.  

It’s good times. 

Lol this tread is deep, filled with lots of emotion. 

Wan'Dale Robinson looks set to finally make his debut on Sunday and the Giants are rivaling the Bears for the worst WR group in the league. Interested in seeing his usage first game back. 

40 minutes ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

Wan'Dale Robinson looks set to finally make his debut on Sunday and the Giants are rivaling the Bears for the worst WR group in the league. Interested in seeing his usage first game back. 

in terms of production.... sure.  but the fault in chicago is varying.

I think the WR there are ok, but the QB has not been great and the play call and in some cases play design has been lacking.

on a couple of the sacks, they kept extra people in to block so there were not a lot of reads to make. The blocking was ok.  he was back there for 4 or 5 seconds on those sacks (maybe longer)  the one play a WR was on a crossing route.  not wide open but had a step on his guy.   a well placed throw would have been fine so long as that throw wasnt behind him.   instead he took the sack.   When I played I would have made that throw and I assure you I am not an NFL calibre QB.

but what I'm seeing is a guy who depended on his legs too much in college and now at the NFL level they want him to throw the ball and he cant (or wont)

granted I only watched the early part of the game as I had to leave the house...... so it may have gotten better later, but with only 7 points scored I'm thinking it didnt get that much better.

it could be a little bit on the coaching side too I cannot say for sure, but right now it is not looking like Fields is an NFL calibre QB.   hes certainly not performing like one.

It’s a wasteland. I assume it’s tied to Jones and won’t expect a consistent producer as long as he is there

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s a wasteland. I assume it’s tied to Jones and won’t expect a consistent producer as long as he is there

Agreed

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Not tied to Jones at all. Which other QBs have Ritchie James and David Sills excelled with? Did Jones injure Kadarious Toney and Wandale Robinson? If a non replacement level WR could actually stay on the field you would see a consistent producer. Sterling Shpherd did just fine with DJ at the helm…

D Jones avg finsh in points in the qb slot has been 24th.  He’s right now 21 , he’s a bum. 

Shhhh, the Adults are talking. Go play with your toys.

Wow congrats to you Gmen fans. 

Nice deflection. Giants' fans don't need your congratulations. Daniel Jones is firmly entrenched as starter for a 5-1 team. Literally every prediction you made about them the opposite happened. Congrats Costanza!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Nice deflection. Giants' fans don't need your congratulations. Daniel Jones is firmly entrenched as starter for a 5-1 team. Literally every prediction you made about them the opposite happened. Congrats Costanza!

To be fair, their record is largely due to the defense and the commitment to running the ball with a healthy Barkley.

2 minutes ago, rallo said:

To be fair, their record is largely due to the defense and the commitment to running the ball with a healthy Barkley.

True, and their leader on the field Mr. Jones. He is perhaps the biggest reason, to be fair...

Jones won’t be back next season as the Gmen Qb, their coaching staff will move on from him.  

Thanks. 

Did anyone watch the Giants play today? —> Did Wandale pass the eye test?…does he look flexworthy moving forward, or more like a dart-throw?

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

True, and their leader on the field Mr. Jones. He is perhaps the biggest reason, to be fair...

That's like saying Dilfer is perhaps the biggest reason the 2000 ravens won the superbowl.