Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

So the Q in... LgbtqciafbistfupLmnop

Not that I want a term paper on this, but what the hell is the queer Part of all of that? Aren't they all Queer?

actually i believe the Q stands for "questioning" as in "people who are questioning their sexual orientation".  Could be wrong tho.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

actually i believe the Q stands for "questioning" as in "people who are questioning their sexual orientation".  Could be wrong tho.

So you’re questioning? :dunno:

• Haha 1

"Queer" or "Questioning"

It's essentially being used as a catch-all in the former and as a form of "Not sure what I am yet" in the latter.

Why they can't just use the catch-all term- who knows.

Questioning. If you’re even thinking about going gay you get a letter now! :banana: 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Questioning. If you’re even thinking about going gay you get a letter now! :banana: 

Which letter did you get? You may be up to 10 of them by now. 

I guess I should ask which letters did you get?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

How can someone be questioning?  The Left tells me it is all biological and zero environmental/behavioral, so you are either gay or you aren't.  :dunno: 

30 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

How can someone be questioning?  The Left tells me it is all biological and zero environmental/behavioral, so you are either gay or you aren't.  :dunno: 

Dunno. I think it’s mostly biological but not entirely. Maybe 75/25?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DonS said:

"Q" stands for "quite focked in the head" 

QFITH. Pronounced like queef but with a phaggy lisp @ the end. 👍🏻 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, MDC said:

QFITH. Pronounced like queef but with a phaggy lisp @ the end. 👍🏻 

:lol:

Sthop it you thilly thilly man. 

12 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Funny how so many guys get married to women, have kids, and later "discover" they are gay. I guess boredom "naturally" turns them gay. :dunno:  

4 hours ago, craftsman said:

Funny how so many guys get married to women, have kids, and later "discover" they are gay. I guess boredom "naturally" turns them gay. :dunno:  

Much more likely that they grew up in strict make believe (religious) homes where being gay was the debil so they faked it to avoid conflict and embarrassment until they couldn’t any longer? 

17 hours ago, jerryskids said:

If this was a serious question, and if it is biological (I don’t know if it is but I’d say there is at least something biological to it and it plays a much larger role than your upbringing or what you’re exposed to) then my guess would be it takes time to kick in or at least takes time for the person to understand what they are, especially when societal norms all around them are telling them what they are supposed to be. 

I don’t remember being interested in girls until I was in the 5th or 6th grade. A guy could possibly not be interested in girls for a while and then at some point start questioning why? Maybe fake it and go on dates to seem like his friends?

bi sexual women who are married but can’t stop fantasizing about their friend from the gym? … 😁

17 hours ago, craftsman said:

Which letter did you get? You may be up to 10 of them by now. 

I guess I should ask which letters did you get?

Are you asking him to be rectumfied?

27 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Much more likely that they grew up in strict make believe (religious) homes where being gay was the debil so they faked it to avoid conflict and embarrassment until they couldn’t any longer? 

:lol: Sounds like someone is coming out of the closet today... 😉

24 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I don’t remember being interested in girls until I was in the 5th or 6th grade.

That's one of the first signs.  

Wow. See,  back when I was in high school, the term "letter jacket" had a whole different meaning.

Q is silent in Qfayg

3 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Wow. See,  back when I was in high school, the term "letter jacket" had a whole different meaning.

Except when you are "lettered" for your extreme skin flute playing skillz. 

Just now, DonS said:

Except when you are "lettered" for your extreme skin flute playing skillz. 

We call that cheerleading.

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

That's one of the first signs.  

:rolleyes:  I feel like all boys claimed girls had "cooties" or whatever term they used in 1945, for a good portion of elementary school. Then again I was watching my share of internet pron by middle school (6th grade for me) so I may have misjudged that.

anyway, the point I was making to Jerry is that I can see numerous reasons why someone might consider themselves "questioning" without it being contradictory to the idea that being gay or bi or whatever is something you are born with. Just like some kids go through puberty sooner or later than others, I would guess there are people who just don't give it much thought or don't have a strong attraction to either sex growing up :dunno:

and think about all the dudes who probably didn't realize they were gay until joining their fraternity :lol:

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

:rolleyes:  I feel like all boys claimed girls had "cooties" or whatever term they used in 1945, for a good portion of elementary school. Then again I was watching my share of internet pron by middle school (6th grade for me) so I may have misjudged that.

The twins, Tonya and Sasha had me obsessed in 1st and 2nd grade. I remember scotch taping flowers to both of their desks, I'm sure they appreciated that.  3rd grade I realized I was really into blondes as Tiffany haunted my dreams all the way through 5th grade.  I remember befriending one of the class nerds because he lived right next door to her.  6th grade I settled for a brunette that liked to make out.  

4 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I stop reading and caring after B

Typical. You get your letter then you don’t care anymore. :rolleyes:

On 10/3/2022 at 11:30 AM, WhiteWonder said:

Of course. Gay people can’t be duplicitous or responsible for their actions.  None of them. 

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Of course. Gay people can’t be duplicitous or responsible for their actions.  None of them. 

religious nut jobs often put a lot of pressure on their children to follow that same path. Is it hard to imagine a minor, living under their parents roof, not wanting anyone to know they were homosexual for fear of the repercussions?... and even once out on their own, being afraid to come out for fear of bringing shame to their family who should have been ashamed enough from force feeding their land of make believe ideals? 

while I am totally against the rampant gender identification nonsense in the world, I have no issue with someone being gay, bi, etc. I feel sorry for those who were too afraid to be themselves because they grew up with obtuse parents in an overly religious household. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

religious nut jobs often put a lot of pressure on their children to follow that same path. Is it hard to imagine a minor, living under their parents roof, not wanting anyone to know they were homosexual for fear of the repercussions?... and even once out on their own, being afraid to come out for fear of bringing shame to their family who should have been ashamed enough from force feeding their land of make believe ideals? 

while I am totally against the rampant gender identification nonsense in the world, I have no issue with someone being gay, bi, etc. I feel sorry for those who were too afraid to be themselves because they grew up with obtuse parents in an overly religious household. 

Non religious nut jobs often whine a lot about people who have faith and they want to change their kids gender. :dunno:

42 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Non religious nut jobs often whine a lot about people who have faith and they want to change their kids gender. :dunno:

I don’t have an issue with anyone having faith, I have an issue with those who think their religious views are the only correct ones and project them on to others. These are the nut jobs. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

I don’t have an issue with anyone having faith, I have an issue with those who think their religious views are the only correct ones and project them on to others. These are the nut jobs. 

That is a really fair point. And I put it on both sides of the coin. I looked at some of the posts here from the past about religion, and it is brutal how those here who have no faith treat those that believe in a religion. 

I would never cut anyone down for not having faith in a religion. 

15 minutes ago, craftsman said:

That is a really fair point. And I put it on both sides of the coin. I looked at some of the posts here from the past about religion, and it is brutal how those here who have no faith treat those that believe in a religion. 

I would never cut anyone down for not having faith in a religion. 

I’m also not directing my comments at any posters here. I’m directing my statement at religious fanatics in a general sense and it was in response to HT saying that gay people should be “responsible for their actions”. First of all, what actions would those be? Simply being gay? And secondly I don’t think it’s a hard concept to grasp that very religious people don’t want to hear or think about their child possibly being gay, let alone provide a supportive environment. This often leads to those children trying to ignore the way they feel so as not to rock the boat. 

religion does many good things especially in terms of providing a community for people who need it  

but it can really cloud some people ability to be open minded