Sign in to follow this  
Bill E.

World Series Megalodon Shark Tooth Contest. - TbayXXXVII wins wins.

TbayXXXVII wins send me a mailing address

If Houston Wins.
TBAY    Hou    Phi    61

If Phi Wins.  I have not looked at how many runs PHI has so far.
Been here    LA    Hou    34
Reality    Mets    Hou    51
Buford    Atl    Hou    56
Voltaire    LA    Hou    60
Patw    Atl    Hou    77 

OP

I did not do a Pirates contest this year because it was going to be too depressing.  Again.

Phi is probably in but we should know tonight or tomorrow.  Picks do not have to be in until Thursday 10/6 at 10 PM. 

TB#1 WS Winner
TB#2 WS Loser
TB#3 Number of runs scored by the winner in all the Playoff/WS games.  (Closest wins but under beats over so if the winner scores 32 then 31 beats 33 but 33 would beat 30)
TB#4 First to log your guess.  

If you want to change your guess add it to the bottom do not edit your post or I will miss it. Someone please make a post when the at 10 pm on Thursday in case I miss it. That way I know where the cutoff is. 

If nobody picks the winner or loser then we go to the next tiebreaker.  Ex if Seattle beats the Mets and no one picked Sea to win or the Mets to lose then it goes by runs and who submitted that pick first.  If Sea beats Atl and no one picked Sea to win everyone that picked Atl to lose are still in and we go to runs and then the order picks were in. 

Winner gets something like this.  https://megateeth.com/shop/megalodon-shark-teeth/awesome-collector-quality-megalodon-shark-tooth/

So Far 6:30 am Thursday

Patw    Atl    Hou    77
Horse    Atl    NYY    52
Justin  ATL     CLE     66

5points    Cle    LA    72

Taco    Hou    Atl    70
Hike H    Hou    LA    76
Pimp    Hou    LA    78
TBAY    Hou    Phi    61
Hello    Hou    Stl    59

Gepetto         LA      NYY     71 *

WhiWon  Mets     TB     44
Relity    Mets    Hou    51
Tommy    Mets    NYY    48

Bunny    NYY    LA    70

CMH    STL    NYY    67

51 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Winner LA. Dodgers

Loser Houston Astros

34 runs

Thanks Bill!

gutsy pick.  dodgers are in shambles.  the rotation is missing:  trevor bauer, walker buehler, dustin may, tony gonsolin (gonsolin went 2 innings tonite, who can say if he can contribute).  demoted closer Craig Kimbrel.  key relievers are injured:  phil bickford, blake treinen, daniel hudson.  andrew heaney has pitched out of his mind tho since he rejoined the rotation.

Winner: St. Louis (Yadi and Poo-holes go out with a bang)

Loser: Yankees

Runs: 67

• Like 1

TB#1 WS Winner - Houston Astros
TB#2 WS Loser - Los Angeles Dodgers
TB#3 runs scored - 78

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Winner: Astros

Loser: Yankees(Me and @posty)

Runs 76

Are you betting on a nuclear strike taking out the National League?

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Winner - Guardians

Loser - Dodgers

Runs - 72

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Loser: Yankees(Me and @posty)

Runs 76

28 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Are you betting on a nuclear strike taking out the National League?

😂

I had a Biden moment and can't get over Houston being an AL team.

Loser: Dodgers

Runs 76

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

I had a Biden moment and can't get over Houston being an AL team.

Loser: Dodgers

Runs 76

Lol, well someone had to make a wisecrack. 

• Haha 1

astros 

braves

• Like 1

Dodgers over Astros

70 runs

• Like 1

Winner - Houston

Loser - St. Louis

59 Runs

So Far:  Check to make sure I did not make a mistake.  Any changes please make a new post. 

Patw    Atl    Hou    77

Horseman    Atl    NYY    52

Taco    Hou    Atl    70

Pimp    Hou    LA    78

TBAY    Hou    Phi    61

Voltaire    LA    Hou    70

Bunny    NYY    lLA    70

CMH    STL    NYY    67

5 of the last 6 champs either had the best run differential in their league, or ended the regular season winning at least 8 of their last 10.  Either be really good or really hot.  No-one ended the year winning at least 8 of 10.  Also, the two teams with the best run differentials have big question marks.  The Yankees slumped badly in the second half.  The Dodgers are riddled with injuries and they no longer have a closer.  Has a team ever won a world series without a closer in the modern era?  Has a team ever reached the world series without one in the modern era?

lets go off the board.  Terry Francona may have his Andrew Miller in the form of Sam Hentges.  Lefty reliever pitching lights out.  Francona unleashes him in the playoffs, nuking everyone if they dont get a lead in the first 5 innings and laying waste to the field.  then the plan fizzles in the world series, again.  they even change their team name 3 times in the world series for good luck, but it doesnt work.

winner: Braves
loser: Guardians / Indians / Spiders / Rockers
runs scored:  66
first to log your guess: yes

• Like 1

Winner: Mets

Loser: Rays

runs: 44

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

5 of the last 6 champs either had the best run differential in their league, or ended the regular season winning at least 8 of their last 10.  Either be really good or really hot.  No-one ended the year winning at least 8 of 10.  Also, the two teams with the best run differentials have big question marks.  The Yankees slumped badly in the second half.  The Dodgers are riddled with injuries and they no longer have a closer.  Has a team ever won a world series without a closer in the modern era?  Has a team ever reached the world series without one in the modern era?

lets go off the board.  Terry Francona may have his Andrew Miller in the form of Sam Hentges.  Lefty reliever pitching lights out.  Francona unleashes him in the playoffs, nuking everyone if they dont get a lead in the first 5 innings and laying waste to the field.  then the plan fizzles in the world series, again.  they even change their team name 3 times in the world series for good luck, but it doesnt work.

So I suppose I should explain as to why I picked the Dodgers.

I wanted to win a megatooth, I saw they won a bunch of games, that they are the #1 seed, and only one other guy picked them. I didn't look into it much more than that and you're making me feel bad.

I think I'll edit down my 70 to 60. I just don't want to Price is Right BHB too badly.

Dodgers over Astros 60.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

You need to lock in my picks I entered at 9:59 PM 

Bill is in the eastern timezone. You'll have to take it up with him. I hate to sound like a d*ck over a fun contest, but I'll just say that seeing someone targeting my picks after the clock closes is what set me off with kutulu many years ago and is also the 100% reason why I have been so anal all these years about taking the time to lock the thing down and archive them when Bill says to lock it down.

Your taking LA after it closes is exactly what kutulu did to me. Exactly. At least I have clear evidence this time.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Bill is in the eastern timezone. You'll have to take it up with him. I hate to sound like a d*ck over a fun contest, but I'll just say that seeing someone targeting my picks after the clock closes is what set me off with kutulu many years ago and is also the 100% reason why I have been so anal all these years about taking the time to lock the thing down and archive them when Bill says to lock it down.

Your taking LA after it closes is exactly what kutulu did to me. Exactly. At least I have clear evidence this time.

I've never even entered this contest and had a chance before.  Just happened to open the thread and saw the deadline; didn't even know the deadline, that was just the way the timing worked out on accident.  Always taking the Dodgers as they won 111 games and I've always liked them (after the Royals).  I'll see what Bill says.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I should have said 10 Eastern.  My fault.   I will let it go and if he gets it the winner will be who was in by 10 and issue a second winner.  I did that once before because something I said was not clear said it did not come into play. 

15 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Nice analysis.  Check my logic with the same results.  I would be rooting for The Indians because it was close to my home town of Erie PA but they are not the Indians anymore so I will go with the Braves since I am n GA now and they have not bent to the BS PC renaming crowd.  How is that for a logical analysis?  Braves over Indians. 

I think this is it.  Check me for errors.  

Patw    Atl    Hou    77

Taco    Hou    Atl    70
Pimp    Hou    LA    78

TBAY    Hou    Phi    61

Gepetto         LA      NYY     71 *

WhiWon  Mets     TB     44

Bunny    NYY    lLA    70

CMH    STL    NYY    67

2 hours ago, Bill E. said:

I should have said 10 Eastern.  My fault.   I will let it go and if he gets it the winner will be who was in by 10 and issue a second winner.  I did that once before because something I said was not clear said it did not come into play. 

Thanks for including me in the contest Bill; much appreciated!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gepetto said:

You need to lock in my picks I entered at 9:59 PM 

13 hours ago, Voltaire said:

yeah so, just my humble opinion but I think it's fair to assume that deadlines are EST even if not stated. It's the most common. It's also weird looking to get a pick in 1 minute before you think a contest is closing but I guess stranger things have happened by coincidence. 

but in the end, he picked the Dodgers over the Yankees, not the Dodgers over Astros, so he's really not stealing your pick, Voltaire. If you had been the only one with the Dodgers as the winner, then yes... but you were not. Once more than one person chooses the same winner, the pick is really about who has the correct loser. Or if you had been the only one with the Dodgers over Astros, but you were not. You actually stole that combo from BHB. Sure, The Dodgers could beat the Guardians, Rays etc and it comes down to total runs but more than one person had the Dodgers as the winner to begin with :dunno:

On 10/5/2022 at 3:05 AM, BeenHereBefore said:

I hope they hit 69.

he would win, not you. It's closest to the number, not price is right rules. "without going over" only comes into play if the actual number falls evenly between two guesses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

he would win, not you. It's closest to the number, not price is right rules. "without going over" only comes into play if the actual number falls evenly between two guesses. 

Also Volt changed it to 60 in plenty of time.  He could have been a and changed it to 35 but he was cool about the small change.

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

yeah so, just my humble opinion but I think it's fair to assume that deadlines are EST even if not stated. It's the most common. It's also weird looking to get a pick in 1 minute before you think a contest is closing but I guess stranger things have happened by coincidence. 

but in the end, he picked the Dodgers over the Yankees, not the Dodgers over Astros, so he's really not stealing your pick, Voltaire. If you had been the only one with the Dodgers as the winner, then yes... but you were not. Once more than one person chooses the same winner, the pick is really about who has the correct loser. Or if you had been the only one with the Dodgers over Astros, but you were not. You actually stole that combo from BHB. Sure, The Dodgers could beat the Guardians, Rays etc and it comes down to total runs but more than one person had the Dodgers as the winner to begin with :dunno:

It is all cool.  I have enough teeth to give out an extra one on the chance that the Dodgers win with more than 65 runs.  Plus i was a little lazy this year doing these contests.  Thought about doing a how many games will the Steelers win but everyone would pick 1-5 so it would be a mess.

10/16 - Because nobody picked SD almost everyone is still in. 

Patw    Atl    Hou    77

Taco    Hou    Atl    70
Pimp    Hou    LA    78
TBAY    Hou    Phi    61