MDC

The slippery slope is real …

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) -- In an appearance on conservative talk radio on Sept. 24, Republican candidate for Colorado Governor, Heidi Ganahl, said she moved her kids out of one Colorado school district and into another four years ago to escape 'furries' in their schools.

Ganahl told KNUS host Jimmy Sengenberger, "Have you heard about this story? Kids identifying as cats. It sounds absolutely ridiculous, but it’s happening all over Colorado and schools are tolerating it."

In an interview with KRDO on Tuesday, Sept. 27, Ganahl doubled down on the comments, saying that kids are identifying as cats in Colorado.

Below is Ganahl's response when asked that question during a longer interview Tuesday:

"This is this really weird phenomenon that's happening in middle schools and high schools. It's actually been going on for a couple of years. It's called 'furries,'" Ganahl continued. "Kids, they've gone through a really tough time and they're struggling. So I have a lot of compassion for kids that are having difficulty right now. But schools tolerating kids dressing up as cats is not appropriate."

Trending Articles

When asked if she had seen any specific examples, Ganahl said, "Many, many."

"We have all the parents, across the Denver metro area at least, sending emails and examples to the reporter who wrote that story, and the other reporters who are interested."

Ganahl then went on to talk about other issues she believes are pertinent in Denver Public Schools.

But, in an interview that aired on FOX 31 in Denver, Ganahl said it was happening in Jefferson County schools. The Jefferson County School District disputes that. A district spokesperson told FOX 31, "there is absolutely no truth to this claim."

"There are no litter boxes in our buildings and students are not allowed to come to school in costume. There are no furries or students identifying as such during the school day," the spokesperson told FOX 31. 

KRDO has reached out to the school district for comment but has not heard back. Ganahl did not mention litter boxes in her comments to KRDO.

Link 🐱 

• Sad 1

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

I had hoped this thread was about asian models covered in vegetable oil.

Wouldn't that be a slippery slant?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I'm shocked this board even knows what a furry is

I didn’t until I read the article 

Let me just say,  I would not turn a furry away... its kinda hot....   :dunno:

21 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Let me just say,  I would not turn a furry away... its kinda hot....   :dunno:

MFK

Alvin

Simon

Theodore

• Haha 2

I’ve seen a few cat kids. I wouldn’t change schools because of them, but they’re real

• Haha 1

It’s pretty focked up. My neighbor’s middle school daughter likes to dress up as a bee for school. A bee! What’s next??? 😱

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s pretty focked up. My neighbor’s middle school daughter likes to dress up as a bee for school. A bee! What’s next??? 😱

She ends up starring in a famous music video for an alt rock band. :music_guitarred:

Many of these kids want to be different. Just like everyone else. 

Boy, you're right about that slippery slope! I remember one time it iced up  in Houston and we have this huge huge overpass. It was like a freaking luge run!

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

She keeps bugging me about this damn Honey nut Cheerios too!

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

This is the weirdest story that has escaped the MAGA bubble into the world. 

It gets even worse. Now male cats want to use the girls litter box.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, phillybear said:

She ends up starring in a famous music video for an alt rock band. :music_guitarred:

I knew I’d seen it somewhere before :doh:

So I was at a soccer tournament for my son last weekend and was watching a girls U11 game before my sons and a couple of the girls were wearing headbands with animal ears.  I though it extremely odd. Assumed some sort of strange fad.  

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

So I was at a soccer tournament for my son last weekend and was watching a girls U11 game before my sons and a couple of the girls were wearing headbands with animal ears.  I though it extremely odd. Assumed some sort of strange fad.  

Better vote (R) :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

I think that's popular in the anime groups.  That's been around for a long time though.  Asian influence.

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

They’re called “buzzies.” Public schools are required to set up a safe space / hive and provide ample flowers to pollinate. :thumbsdown: 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’ve seen a few cat kids. I wouldn’t change schools because of them, but they’re real

Are they pissing in the ball pit at Chuck E. Cheese?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

A 10 year old playing make believe?

Perish the thought.

17 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Are they pissing in the ball pit at Chuck E. Cheese?

No. They seem harmless.  There are issues with how kids behave in school, and  there is very little discipline, but I don’t think dressing as a cat rates very high. 

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No. They seem harmless.  There are issues with how kids behave in school, and  there is very little discipline, but I don’t think dressing as a cat rates very high. 

They are also not at every single school in the country and there aren't schools putting litter boxes out for them. 

My nephew said that in his school, there are boys and girls who walk around with either cat hears and meow at people or wear dog ears and bark a people.

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

They are also not at every single school in the country and there aren't schools putting litter boxes out for them. 

True.  But who are you taking to? The straw man again? 

"Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me!"

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

True.  But who are you taking to? The straw man again? 

You know that I'm referring to how this story has propagated into something it is absolutely not, but it's a lie and if it is said enough times people believe it. 

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

A 10 year old playing make believe?

Perish the thought.

I wasn’t complaining just looked weird during a soccer match.  :dunno:

Maybe I’ll  let my son wear his Halloween costume instead of his goalie gloves and jersey next tournament.  :lol:

20 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

My nephew said that in his school, there are boys and girls who walk around with either cat hears and meow at people or wear dog ears and bark a people.

We are fvcked

5 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

i'd have been much more shocked if they didn't

13 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

We are fvcked

That's ok.  I told my nephew that Democrats tell us that "Silence is Violence", so I told my nephew to speak out against it.  They also told us that over the Summer months of 2020, that physical violence is the way to get things done, so I told him to punch them until they stop.  So, we're good.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

i'd have been much more shocked if they didn't

Yeah, even though it's not wide spread, they're in every school... so I'm sure every conservative parent with kids in school, knows about them.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, even though it's not wide spread, they're in every school... so I'm sure every conservative parent with kids in school, knows about them.

I was more making a joke about the community here being into that sort of thing. 

I know what furries are because of Entourage :lol:

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I was more making a joke about the community here being into that sort of thing. 

I know what furries are because of Entourage :lol:

:thumbsup:

I never heard of them until my nephew told me about them, I'd say 2 years ago, maybe 3.  He was in middle school at the time, I just don't remember if it was in 6th or 7th grade.  I never watched Entourage.

5 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

I learned about it from some CSI episode almost 20 years ago.