Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Loretta Lynn died

Very few female icons in this world. Especially in country music. Her, reba, and Dolly Parton are definitely iconic.

She cleared the weeds for a hell of a lot of women who came after her.

You forgot Patsy Cline.

And Reba is trash.  :thumbsdown:

I got to hear her in concert, my dad went and I stayed outside the fair but could hear her singing. True Country Icon and legend. I have her autograph somewhere.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Very few female icons in this world. Especially in country music. Her, reba, and Dolly Parton are definitely iconic.

Saw earlier today and didn’t think anyone cared here so I didn’t post it. Figured give @posty his chance even though she was old. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2KP9fYZUWA&list=RDEMFXQsPRrSjQOtVvQBbLUVwQ&start_radio=1&rv=uCc9tJlRUZ4 

Anyone who's not seen Ken Burns' Country Music is missing out....... And yes, RIP to a legend. 

Arguably the greatest country star, which is saying something.  Certainly on the Mount Rushmore. 

19 hours ago, wiffleball said:

How dare you not mention Patsy Cline. You heathen. 

Great talent. RIP Loretta

Yes, the movie Coal Miner’s Daughter was good. 

I was convinced my dad had a crush on her. We all had to pipe down  when she was on Hee-Haw. And if Conway Twitty was on  with her you might as well go downstairs and read. One TV. RIP . 

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Arguably the greatest country star, which is saying something.  Certainly on the Mount Rushmore. 

start the thread.

As much as country artist women b**** about how they can't get any airtime, I find it interesting that one of the biggest songs of its time was stand by your man. And now all these coonts are singing about shooting their husbands and burning their cars and their clothes and just like every song is how much they hate men. And then they wonder why they can't attract a widespread audience.

And then ask yourself. If a male artist wrote anything like that? Even 10% of that? They would be canceled and banned and called misogynists and kicked off of radio forever. 

its tough being a while male with and ego these days.  :(

10 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

As much as country artist women b**** about how they can't get any airtime, I find it interesting that one of the biggest songs of its time was stand by your man. And now all these coonts are singing about shooting their husbands and burning their cars and their clothes and just like every song is how much they hate men. And then they wonder why they can't attract a widespread audience.

And then ask yourself. If a male artist wrote anything like that? Even 10% of that? They would be canceled and banned and called misogynists and kicked off of radio forever. 

Rappers do. They seem to be doing fine. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Rappers do. They seem to be doing fine. 

That's because their target audience are f****** animals.