Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Waiting to Draft a QB

Our contemporary weepaws aspires to the draft your QB in the double digit rounds strategy.  In this small sample size of 4 games how’s that working out?
The top 5 are averaging 30 pts/week. Six through ten are approximately 23 and the balance drop into the teens. I’m looking at ppr, 6 pts for all tds.

It looks like there’s a considerable return the earlier you take the QB. In my 5 leagues I drafted Herbert, Hurts, and Burrow in rounds 4-6. 
So I while I agree rounds 1-3 are to early waiting to long is a risk to avoid.

Just my humble opinion.

I waited on QB last year and it was a pain in the ass all year long. This year I paid for Allen in auction and drafted Lamar mid-5th round in my other, and it is nice to not worry about the position at all.

2 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I waited on QB last year and it was a pain in the ass all year long. This year I paid for Allen in auction and drafted Lamar mid-5th round in my other, and it is nice to not worry about the position at all.

Yeah I did that last year as well. 

Wepaw is a wetodd look at the 1st,2nd,3rd in your ff leagues they all got top notch qb's...1st place in my league has allen and hurts ...don't care what wetodd says in ff all you need is a good qb

I have Burrow in two leagues and cousins in one.  I agree it's nice to just sit back and play Burrow rather than worry that your missing out on points someone other than cousins could be getting you. 

Waiting on QB can work as a strategy, but throwing out absolutes that one should always do it is foolish.

43 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Wepaw is a wetodd look at the 1st,2nd,3rd in your ff leagues they all got top notch qb's...1st place in my league has allen and hurts ...don't care what wetodd says in ff all you need is a good qb

Well his leagues could have different scoring systems. I might always agree with him but he is very good at FF

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Waiting on QB can work as a strategy, but throwing out absolutes that one should always do it is foolish.

Agree 

1 minute ago, wolves111 said:

I might always agree with him but he is very good at FF

That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen on here in a while. Thanks for the laughs… 🤣🤣🤣

This is the first year I came over to the dark side and drafted a QB round 5 - Burrow. Used to always try pulling a QB diamond out of the rough in the late rounds. It almost never worked, especially in my league with weird QB scoring (0.5 pt per completion and extra points for big yardage).

Burrow hasn't exactly been amazing, but he's better than sweating a garbage QBs every week. I think I'm officially converted.

Draft a Qb in the double digit rounds and Stream, you keep forgetting a very important detail, you don’t draft a double digit round Qb to marry him, you draft him to keep him if he’s producing, let’s say like G Smith that I’ve had the great pleasure of having  on a few of my teams, but Im going to move on from him this week.  

Don’t forget to draft a Qb in the double digit rounds, but don’t forget to stream, don’t sit on a unproductive Qb like M Stafford has been.  

Thanks.  

• Thanks 1