Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Yup, Velma is a lesbian. A new film removes any doubt.

She's now outed as an lgbtqMDC.

In just 13 seconds, a viral clip from the latest “Scooby Doo” movie, released on streaming services this week, settled decades of speculation and fan debates. Velma Dinkley is gay — undoubtedly, unambiguously gay.

The scene, clipped from “Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo!” and shared on Twitter Monday night, starts with Velma as we’ve always seen her: the short brunette bob and bangs; the black, rectangular glasses; that iconic bulky orange turtleneck and maroon pleated skirt. She strides past her fellow sleuths, Daphne Blake and Fred Jones, a box of Scooby snacks in hand to give to the eponymous Great Dane.

But mid-sentence, she trails off.

A lush orchestral arrangement starts playing. A series of captions pops up on the screen, highlighting different features of the woman standing in front of her, the costume-designing crime boss Coco Diablo: “Obviously brilliant!” Incredible glasses!” “Amazing turtleneck!” “Loves animals!”

Velma exhibits all the telltale signs of cartoon swooning. She blushes. Her eyeglasses fog. “Jinkiiiiees,” she sighs.

In a later scene, Velma professes her thirst for Diablo outright to her best friend, Daphne Blake.

“I’m crushing big time, Daphne. What do I do? What do I say?”

Trinity Wheeler, an 18-year-old student from Ontario, Canada, was the first person to share a clip from the new film online, adding the caption: “OMG LESBIAN VELMA FINALLY.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/yup-velma-is-a-lesbian-a-new-film-removes-any-doubt/ar-AA12Fd45?cvid=584d3c83663f4ccdb1c4267772def932

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

This was revealed years ago... 

Dang. I'm always the last to know. I always had a thing for Francine on American Dad. 

Already saw people on social media getting outraged saying that Scooby Doo is now woke.  I can't wait for the term to die off.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Already saw people on social media getting outraged saying that Scooby Doo is now woke.  I can't wait for the term to die off.

"Woke" is to relevent in these times to die out anytime soon.

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

“Outraged”. Lol. I’m sure. I can see them now, fists clenched, shaking it at the screen, crying out “this is an outrage”! 

• Haha 1

It's funny how they took a frumpy/unattractive Velma, made her pretty, then hot... now a lesbian.  Mind you, I'm fine with hot lesbo's, especially when they make out.  Also not shocked that wokies waited until she was hot to make her a lesbian instead of when she was unappealing.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's funny how they took a frumpy/unattractive Velma, made her pretty, then hot... now a lesbian.  Mind you, I'm fine with hot lesbo's, especially when they make out.  Also not shocked that wokies waited until she was hot to make her a lesbian instead of when she was unappealing.

I think people have thought of her as being a lesbian for a very long time.  It's just now being confirmed.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If they wanted to be accurate, make her a 250lb butch with short green/pink hair. Obligatory nose ring, perhaps bull style. Increase her shirt up 4 sizes so it doesn’t get stuck in her fat rolls when she sits down, and  then give her baggy jeans with Doc Martens. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I think people have thought of her as being a lesbian for a very long time.  It's just now being confirmed.

It's because the original Velma was frumpy and sexually unappealing.  Hollywood just waited until they made her hot to come out with it.  Talk about body shaming hypocrites.

18 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

when did they make velma hot?

legitimately asking. 

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's because the original Velma was frumpy and sexually unappealing.  Hollywood just waited until they made her hot to come out with it.  Talk about body shaming hypocrites.

Ain't this the truth. Get her on Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.

7 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

when did they make velma hot?

legitimately asking. 

I guess some people find Linda Cardellini hot. :dunno: Probably the same people who drink Folgers.

Just now, OldMaid said:

I guess some people find Linda Cardellini hot. :dunno: Probably the same people who drink Folgers.

i thought he meant they made her hot in the cartoons 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Outrage! A lesbian! 

As dumb as it sounds, those people exist and they are boycotting.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Uh huh. Funny I was told in the Disney thread that those people don’t move the needle. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Uh huh. Funny I was told in the Disney thread that those people don’t move the needle. 

Who said anything about moving the needle?  All I said is that there are people outraged about it.  The people who love Scooby Doo and are going to watch it already knew she was a lesbian.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Who said anything about moving the needle?  All I said is that there are people outraged about it.  The people who love Scooby Doo and are going to watch it already knew she was a lesbian.

Outrage! Take it to the streets! Attica! Attica! 

3 hours ago, craftsman said:

Dang. I'm always the last to know. I always had a thing for Francine on American Dad. 

In case you weren't aware, meet Wendy Schaal, the voice of Francine Smith.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

At first I thought you meant Kristen Schaal who does voice work in Bob's Burgers and is also on What We Do In The Shadows.  Funny, but a looker she ain't...

IMDb bio for Kristen Schaal 
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1102891/

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

where did he claim these boycotting people move the needle?

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

where did he claim these boycotting people move the needle?

Then why bring boycott up? 

2 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Nice. 

4 hours ago, OldMaid said:

LOL, yeah, she's not hot.  :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, DonS said:

I heard that this was a good movie... :ninja:

Scooby Doo: A XXX Parody https://g.co/kgs/qsdpQ7

I really enjoyed Velma in this one. :wub:

I “came” here to post this. I may or might not of seen this (100 times). Allegedly 

These characters never had sexual identities nor should they. Fred never hit on Daphne, nor her on him, not because they're gay, but because it's a TV show for kids and while spooky castles were worth exploring, sexual identities were not.

You wait until the original creators are dead and unable to complain, then when the rights to Scooby Doo fall into the hands of woke/gay TV execs, they instill their own sexual beliefs and thrust it onto kids.

And soon enough some pervert in the executive office that inherited the rights to the show says to zer fellow perverts "Hey Everybody! I have a great idea! Let's make Velma lesbian!"

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

I “came” here to post this. I may or might not of seen this (100 times). Allegedly 

Fave part was when Velma was playing with herself.  :wub:

Allegedly, of course. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then why bring boycott up? 

Being outraged by something and boycotting that thing go together many times. That’s why. 

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Being outraged by something and boycotting that thing go together many times. That’s why. 

There’s no boycott to speak of. Stop. 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Quirky cute, maybe… :dunno:

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Like most women, she hasn’t aged well.  But she was super hot in her prime.  Made watching the live action Scooby movies with my kids less excruciating.  Spank spank!

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There’s no boycott to speak of. Stop. 

Then why are people on social media saying to boycott it?  It probably won't amount to much but it does exists.  Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Then why are people on social media saying to boycott it?  It probably won't amount to much but it does exists.  Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Let it go kid. You just look silly now.