craftsman

Warning. Climate minds at work.

In their self righteousness folks like this decide they have the right to interrupt the lives of others, to keep others from work, from medical appointments, from court and parole officer appointments, from picking up their kids on time, from making nonrefundable flights at airports.  They provoke others and any violence against them by others, short of causing their deaths, ought to be privileged against prosecution.  These folks should all be arrested and charged with ostructing public ways, false imprisonment, and interference with federal commerce to make it a federal crime.  When being sentenced the Judge ought to do a rough calculation of the time of others these people wasted and that should be the basis of their sentence.  If they blocked access of 10,000 commuters for 1 hour they need to be sentenced to 10,000 hours of prison, each or approximately 420 days.  The court should then calculate the economic impact from the cost of gas for each idling vehicle, and the average wage time of each person inconvenienced and that should be their fine, say 10,000 folks at $33,00 per hour plus 10,000 gallons of gas at #3.90 per gallon or $369,000.00. If the law does not allow a fine that high give them the maximum fine and then charge them the full amount for a restitution pool with each jointly and severably liable for the full amount. Let folks who can readily prove they were in the backup apply for restitution, something easy to do with location features on phones tracking your movements, or nonmovement in this case, and the time and date of each.

F M in the A

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

In their self righteousness folks like this decide they have the right to interrupt the lives of others, to keep others from work, from medical appointments, from court and parole officer appointments, from picking up their kids on time, from making nonrefundable f;ights at airports.  They provoke others and any violence against them by others, short of causing their deaths ought to be privileged against prosecution.  These folks should all be arrested and charged with ostructing public ways andfalse imprisonment and interference with federal commerce to make it a federal crime.  When being sentenced the Judge ought to do a rough calculation of the time of others these people wasted and that should be the basis of their sentence.  If they blocked access of 10,000 commuters for 1 hour they need to be sentenced to 10,000 hours of prison, each or approximately 420 days.  The court should then calculate the economic impact from the cost of gas for each idling vehicle to the average wage time of each person inconvenienced and that should be their fine, say 10,000 folks at $33,00 per hour plus 10,000 gallons of gas at #3.90 per hour or $369,000.00. If the law does not allow a fine that high give them the maximum fine and then charge them the full amount for a restitution pool with each jointly and severably liable for the full amount.

F M in the A

I would cheer that on as it makes perfect sense. They should also account for each individual's yearly income broken down to the hourly rate and put that cost burden on the protesters plus an additional charge the troubles they put them through.

It would be a fun watch to see these people sitting in a court room being sentenced like this.  

They could have at least picked something that is real to protest. Like a Joe Biden emergency.

25 minutes ago, craftsman said:

I would cheer that on as it makes perfect sense. They should also account for each individual's yearly income broken down to the hourly rate and put that cost burden on the protesters plus an additional charge the troubles they put them through.

It would be a fun watch to see these people sitting in a court room being sentenced like this.  

They could have at least picked something that is real to protest. Like a Joe Biden emergency.

My sentencing would forward the protest cause.  In the future we would know these protesters were not dilitantes as we would know they are willing to pay a real price for their illegal actions.  Civil disobedience when there are no repercussions is not really civil disobedience.  I say help these folks out, give them what they need, real attention to their cause through comprehensive sentencing. 

On 10/8/2022 at 7:27 AM, Engorgeous George said:

In their self righteousness folks like this decide they have the right to interrupt the lives of others, to keep others from work, from medical appointments, from court and parole officer appointments, from picking up their kids on time, from making nonrefundable flights at airports.  They provoke others and any violence against them by others, short of causing their deaths, ought to be privileged against prosecution.  These folks should all be arrested and charged with ostructing public ways, false imprisonment, and interference with federal commerce to make it a federal crime.  When being sentenced the Judge ought to do a rough calculation of the time of others these people wasted and that should be the basis of their sentence.  If they blocked access of 10,000 commuters for 1 hour they need to be sentenced to 10,000 hours of prison, each or approximately 420 days.  The court should then calculate the economic impact from the cost of gas for each idling vehicle, and the average wage time of each person inconvenienced and that should be their fine, say 10,000 folks at $33,00 per hour plus 10,000 gallons of gas at #3.90 per gallon or $369,000.00. If the law does not allow a fine that high give them the maximum fine and then charge them the full amount for a restitution pool with each jointly and severably liable for the full amount. Let folks who can readily prove they were in the backup apply for restitution, something easy to do with location features on phones tracking your movements, or nonmovement in this case, and the time and date of each.

F M in the A

Where were these complaints when the MAGA trucker convoy created worse disruptions to DC traffic?

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/trucker-convoy-causing-traffic-delays-in-dc-area/2998920/

Should they all have been locked up for 10,000 hours per hour wasted too?

25 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Where were these complaints when the MAGA trucker convoy created worse disruptions to DC traffic?

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/trucker-convoy-causing-traffic-delays-in-dc-area/2998920/

The riots of 2020. You want to keep changing subjects?

14 hours ago, dogcows said:

You will find I am maddingly consistent in my views on this subject, regardless of the political strips of the protesters involved.  Sorry, your hope i might back off because of hypocracy will not materialize as on this issue I am not vulnerable to the charge.  Maybe come again on another issue.  If you do please bring examples, not the unsupported specter such might exist.  Bring something more than thin and tattered innuendo.

As for how long the truckers should have been locked up, I would say exactly commensirate with the hours of the lives of other which were usurped.  If that wer 10,000, then 10,000, if 100,000, then that. 

44 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

You will find I am maddingly consistent in my views on this subkect, regardless of the political strips of the protesters involved.  Sorry, your hope i might back off because of hypocracy will not materialize as on this issue I am not vilnerable to the charge.  Maybe come again on anothe rissue.  If you do please bring examples, not the unsupported specter such might exist.  bring something more than thin and tattered innuendo.

As for how long the truckers should have been locked up, I would say exactly commensirate with the hours of the lives of other which were usurped.  If that wer 10,000, then 10,000, if 100,000, then that. 

I think 10,000 hours is a bit on the harsh side, but props to you for consistency. :cheers:

3 hours ago, dogcows said:

I think 10,000 hours is a bit on the harsh side, but props to you for consistency. :cheers:

Why is that too harsh? 

10 hours ago, dogcows said:

Yah that’s totally the same. One is a made up situation and the other was because of a forced medical experiment that does more harm than good by the government 

fwiw all protesting is idiotic 

What idiots our centrists are. The trucker didn't cause delays, the government response to them did. They used the roads like any other driver.  And these are guys who deliver our lives to us. Have our centrists quit buying stuff? :lol:

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dogcows said:

You are entitled to your opinion.  Me, I worry someone locked in that traffic missed their job interview leaving them unemployed as the holidays approach.  I worry a sick child on the way to the doctor suffered longer than necessary, that a grandmother with severe tooth pain had to suffer while not getting to her dentist on time, that a husband missed his child's birth, that a mother in a car pool was late delivering jids where they needed to be.  Each of those cars had a destination.  Each was thwarted without any idea of the ramifications, each represents a life opportunity lost.  Who has the right to impose that on others?  10,000 hours, or 42 days seems insignificant to me.  Any amount of time seems insignificant to me.

I believe a person has the right to take their point of view to the marketplace of ideas.  I do not believe one has the right to impose their presentation on the unwilling, on those whose attention the merits of the ideas or the presentation thereof could not attract.  I beleive this whether one is a republican truck driver, a democrat climate activist, a Hillsboro Baptist church imbecile, any election denier of any election, pro or anti abortion.  Doesn't matter.   

57 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

What idiots our centrists are. The trucker didn't cause delays, the government response to them did. They used the roads like any other driver.  And these are guys who deliver our lives to us. Have our centrists quit buying stuff? :lol:

I believe truck drivers have the right to withhold their services. I believe if they did we would all notice quite quickly.  I do not believe they have the right to intentionally interfer with the right of others to travel, whether completely, or simply through deliberately impeding and delaying them.  You are, of course, entitled to believe otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

You are entitled to your opinion.  Me, I worry someone locked in that traffic missed their job interview leaving them unemployed as the holidays approach.  I worry a sick child on the way to the doctor suffered longer than necessary, that a grandmother with severe tooth pain had to suffer while not getting to her dentist on time, that a husband missed his child's birth, that a mother in a car pool was late delivering jids where they needed to be.  Each of those cars had a destination.  Each was thwarted without any idea of the ramifications, each represents a life opportunity lost.  Who has the right to impose that on others?  10,000 hours, or 42 days seems insignificant to me.  Any amount of time seems insignificant to me.

I believe a person has the right to take their point of view to the marketplace of ideas.  I do not believe one has the right to impose their presentation on the unwilling, on those whose attention the merits of the ideas or the presentation thereof could not attract.  I beleive this whether one is a republican truck driver, a democrat climate activist, a Hillsboro Baptist church imbecile, any election denier of any election, pro or anti abortion.  Doesn't matter.   

10,000 hours is over a year - 10k/24 = 412 days.  If you are suggesting 1000 hours instead, then I think that’s probably pretty fair. 👍🏼

I agree protesters need to follow the law, get a permit, etc.

Getting tired of these Eco terrorist making everything worse.

17 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I believe truck drivers have the right to withhold their services. I believe if they did we would all notice quite quickly.  I do not believe they have the right to intentionally interfer with the right of others to travel, whether completely, or simply through deliberately impeding and delaying them.  You are, of course, entitled to believe otherwise.

This isn't about the right, it's about whether they did. 

19 minutes ago, dogcows said:

10,000 hours is over a year - 10k/24 = 412 days.  If you are suggesting 1000 hours instead, then I think that’s probably pretty fair. 👍🏼

I am O.K with it however the math works out.  It needs to be commensurate with the loss of hours to society.  If you impose your woll on 100 people for 10 minutes it is less severe than when you impose it upon 1000 people for an hour or 10,000 people for three hours.  As for my apparent math impairment, you are correct and i thank you for bringing my error to my attention.  Strange, I rarely make math errors, but when I do they have never before been on the magnitude of 10.  I guess my cognition is slipping with the passage of the years.

OMG!! 

Useful little idiots!, the left is comprised of the most gullible people in the World 

Snow Plows & Cow Catchers should be an option on all new cars by now

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

Protesters standing in roads purposefully blocking traffic should be run over and not given a second glance. 

3:38 am Saturday. Woof. Interesting life 

30 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

3:38 am Saturday. Woof. Interesting life 

We already have enough children who act like this on the site.  Please don't add to it.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

We already have enough children who act like this on the site.  Please don't add to it.

And I’m commenting on one of the biggest 🤷🏻‍♂️  With all the political insulting back and forth that should be the least of your concern. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

And I’m commenting on one of the biggest 🤷🏻‍♂️  With all the political insulting back and forth that should be the least of your concern. 

I agree, that's why I just ignore all of them.

3 hours ago, Big Guy said:

OMG!! 

Useful little idiots!, the left is comprised of the most gullible people in the World 

Snow Plows & Cow Catchers should be an option on all new cars by now

Agreed. Should be legalized.

• Like 1