Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

MNF Discussion: Raiders at Chiefs

I wonder what the precious analytics say you should do when you're kicking off from the 50.  I bet it isn't, kick it out of the stadium instead of just kicking it super high and trying to land it at the 1 yard line.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

I wonder what the precious analytics say you should do when you're kicking off from the 50.  I bet it isn't, kick it out of the stadium instead of just kicking it super high and trying to land it at the 1 yard line.

Good use of analytics by the chiefs! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Wonder who would wait for double digit rounds to draft a te 🤔 

Or a qb... mahomes and kelce have 60 in the 3rd quarter...but nah don't draft them until rounds 11 and later 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'd run that off tackle to the right every play until the Chiefs stop it.

Or run play action off the off tackle to the right... and take an 11 yard sack.

• Haha 1

started the evening 32 pts ahead.  never safe when you are going against Kelce.  

Wow, I see that same forward lean motion at least 4 times a game.  I thought they just decided to stop calling it.

Hard to win when you always miss the first tackle if you're not Maxx Crosby

LOL, dude whiffs on a block allowing Chandler Jones to meet the RB as he's getting the handoff and he still somehow misses the tackle.

MVS could've scored on that drop.  There were only 3 Raiders in the vicinity to miss tackles.

What the hell.  How do you get a defensive holding on a god damned FG?  Raiders, man.

350 pound defensive linemen wraps up McKinnon for a potential loss.  Somehow still misses the tackle.

Normally, I wouldn't agree that he should go for 2 there, but when the defense can't tackle, you might as well.  I would've just run it though.

Aikman, "We've seen a lot of missed tackles tonight by the Raiders"

I'd say so, Troy.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

Aikman, "We've seen a lot of missed broken tackles tonight by the Raiders Chiefs"

Fixed That For Aikman

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Fixed Corrected That For Aikman

Fixed it for you.

Nobody wins every thread on the in game discussions here. 
Just sayin

I just checked the game stats, why go for two right now, tie the game, now a FG from KC means you’re need a td.  

Bad decision imo. 

They're trying to hold him up and strip the ball.  Here's where a chief breaks a long run.

Watch the Raider safety number 39 on that CEH run on 2nd and 2 with 3:40 left.  He looked like he was playing paddy c0ck.

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I just checked the game stats, why go for two right now, tie the game, now a FG from KC means you’re need a td.  

Bad decision imo. 

Hindsight is always 20 / 20, But I agree with you on this one. 
Mebbe if it was the last play of the game like the Raiders did to Baltimore many moons ago, but not tonight. 

Either way, hell of a game

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Bad decision imo. 

Agree. Terrible call.

They must've been going by the analytics playbook!

Just now, nobody said:

I liked the idea of going for 2.

I thought he made it

1 minute ago, nobody said:

I liked the idea of going for 2.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. Why did you like the idea ?

My reasoning for going for 2 with 4 minutes left.

If they don't make it, they still need to stop chiefs still need to come down and win the game and they likely lose in OT.

If they do make it, they still need to stop the chiefs, but now they don't need to have a game winning drive.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

My reasoning for going for 2 with 4 minutes left.

If they don't make it, they still need to stop chiefs still need to come down and win the game and they likely lose in OT.

If they do make it, they still need to stop the chiefs, but now they don't need to have a game winning drive.

Fair enough

9 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

To me the key issue is that the tackler is not only recovering the loose ball with his right hand, but he unwraps his left arm from around Carr and puts his left hand down to the ground in an attempt to break his fall.  This act on the part of the tackler should have negated the requirement of "full body weight," and I suspect that IF these penalties ever become reviewable, that would be an aspect that would be subject to review, because it's a pretty clear act that signifies an attempt to NOT land with his full body weight on the QB.

For the record, the one on Brady was ridic as well.  What's the tackler supposed to do, hold Brady in his arms while he throws a TD pass?  That was about as benign a sack as you will see in the NFL, and it was :cough "roughing" : cough :

Brady does a good job of flailing like a helpless rag doll to make it look rougher than it is, but there's no way that can be called a penalty and still maintain the integrity of the game.

Biggest poosie move of the weekend, though, was Kyler Murray starting to slide a yard before the first down marker.  If he just goes headfirst, they get a first down and three more tries to make a shorter FG attempt.  Maybe he needs to spend a few more hours in film study.  If only they paid him enough for that...

14 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

even if hes right, the challenge flag should havve still been thrown.    this interpretation of the rule is BS

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

For the record, the one on Brady was ridic as well.  What's the tackler supposed to do, hold Brady in his arms while he throws a TD pass?  That was about as benign a sack as you will see in the NFL, and it was :cough "roughing" : cough :

Brady does a good job of flailing like a helpless rag doll to make it look rougher than it is, but there's no way that can be called a penalty and still maintain the integrity of the game.

that was a pretty soft hit to make a call like that I agree

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Biggest poosie move of the weekend, though, was Kyler Murray starting to slide a yard before the first down marker.  If he just goes headfirst, they get a first down and three more tries to make a shorter FG attempt.  Maybe he needs to spend a few more hours in film study.  If only they paid him enough for that...

Then he spiked the ball on 3rd and 1 (instead of running a play) and they had to kick on 4th down, and missed.  Two bad plays in a row by Kyler Murray to lose the game.  Totally inexcusable and he's paid to be a franchise quarterback.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Then he spiked the ball on 3rd and 1 (instead of running a play) and they had to kick on 4th down, and missed.  Two bad plays in a row by Kyler Murray to lose the game.  Totally inexcusable and he's paid to be a franchise quarterback.

But he looked good in that neon outfit

Yeah .. Aikman was "off" last night.  During one of the Chief's offensive series, Chandler Jones was having his way with the KC OLT.  Aikey TWICE identified #55 as being Frank Clark..  🙄