Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

So, where do we go from here: Cant tackle QBs anymore…

All right. So, it’s clear that there is no way to legally tackle or sack a QB now.  Figures this started with crybaby Brady, the ultimate drama queen.  Never mind he tried to kick Jarrett after being sacked.  He’s such a baby and poor sport.  But, whatever.  The Ravens got screwed by the call on Allen and the Chiefs also got boned by this last night.  Every sports show is discussing this and I’ve yet to hear ONE of them defend, outside of Skip Bayless regarding Brady because he jerks off to him every night, these terrible calls.

You KNOW this is going to happen in a key late season game or even worse, the playoffs. And it’s going to cost a team a game or at least a chance to win a game like the Falcons this weekend.  They had better change the rules fast if that’s what this is really about.  You can’t tackle a guy and not have your body weight on him. You can’t swipe at the ball without sometimes grazing a chest or helmet by accident. You can’t throw them down, push them down, hit them low or high.  Seriously? Maybe it’s time for QBs to wear flags and if you tear one off they are sacked.  Sound extreme, doesn’t it? It’s not though if this is what we have to deal with.

What’s the solution here? How can this go on? 

Email I received this morning says that the NFL is taking a closer look into this situation. 

• Like 1

Well, Tom Brady certainly gets a lot of special treatment in this regard.

I agree, the thing about hitting the QBs has gotten ridiculous.

I get it that they don't want people taking cheap shots or trying to injure somebody, but man, you still have to be able to  tackle people.

I know the Steelers rookie QB Pickett, one of his biggest highlights from last season was one where he faked a slide and then ran for a TD after the defense let up. That of course is ridiculous because the play is supposed to be over once the QB starts the slide, so I don't know how you would fake one. Not how they called it though. I remember hoping he would get absolutely leveled the next time he tried to slide.

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Email I received this morning says that the NFL is taking a closer look into this situation. 

Was it from Sesame Street?

What did Jack Lambert once say, put skirts on qbs.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

What did Jack Lambert once say, put skirts on qbs.  

I think Aikman said on the broadcast last night it's time to take the dresses off the QBs.

Also, I think Mahomes tied Aikman's total TDs last night, but not mention of that :banana:

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Was it from Sesame Street?

Proverbs 26:4-5. 

Learn it, Live it, Love it.  

God Bless. 

Time to give the QBs a jersey with embedded sensors. As took as a defender touches the QB the play is over.

15 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I think Aikman said on the broadcast last night it's time to take the dresses off the QBs.

Also, I think Mahomes tied Aikman's total TDs last night, but not mention of that :banana:

He's got a ways to go to catch him in rings

26 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Lol Aikman never said anything about the td total last night. I find that lol. 

26 minutes ago, jrbdmb said:

Time to give the QBs a jersey with embedded sensors. As took as a defender touches the QB the play is over.

Amen.