Sign in to follow this  
jrbdmb

George Pickens gets no respect.

Including Weeks 4 and 5 with Pickett as the QB:

• George Pickens: 16 targets, 12 completions, 185 yards.
  • Diontae Johnson: 17 targets, 7 completions, 71 yards.
  • Chase Claypool: 11 targets, 5 completions, 50 yards.

Yet when I take a look at updated weekly and ROS rankings, I'm still seeing Diontae ranked well ahead of Pickens, and some experts(?) still have Claypool ranked ahead of him as well.

I understand that all three will be downgraded somewhat due to being dependent on a rookie QB and lack of TDs, but I don't know why Pickens' performance since Pickett as the starter seems to be discounted so much.Or am i just biased because I want my recent pickup (Pickens) to work out?

People can’t seem to revalue players. It’s a problem most ff owners have.  

12 minutes ago, jrbdmb said:

I understand that all three will be downgraded somewhat due to being dependent on a rookie QB and lack of TDs, but I don't know why Pickens' performance since Pickett as the starter seems to be discounted so much.Or am i just biased because I want my recent pickup (Pickens) to work out?

normally this would be a correct assumption.   but the guy who he replaced was getting roughly 200 pass yards per game.   Thats barely pro level.

so in a case like this I dont think you downgrade.   its possible you may even upgrade them a bit.  I dont see things getting worse than they have been the first 4 weeks of the season.

Pickens is good but he’s a rookie and Diontae is a beast. Totally defensible to have Diontae ranked higher even though it may not play out that way in the end. We’ll see

DJ is avg 8 points half ppr this season, his Qb is his greatest defender. 

I agree with you OP. 

For remainder of this season, Dionte has track record and proven to be an exceptional WR.  Pickens seems to really be liked by Kenny for targets last 2 weeks so Pickens value for remainder of season increases now.   Claypool has been a mystery to me both last season and so far this season.  Why he never seems to get open despite his size and speed....he always has a DB draped all over him and he never has a ball thrown to him where he isn't diving all over the place.   I guess he's a poor route runner, that's all I got.