Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Battle of the Bums

Stafford vs. Ryan

Both 5 td's

Both 7 int's

Both sacked 21 times

Hard to believe he won a superbowl last year hopefully they can turn it around smh

I think it's funny that Colts fans (and team), actually believed that Ryan was an upgrade over Wentz and thought they were going to the playoffs this year.  🤣

13 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think it's funny that Colts fans (and team), actually believed that Ryan was an upgrade over Wentz and thought they were going to the playoffs this year.  🤣

Yes next year I'm not paying attention to adp but looking for good teams terry McLaurin is my weak link but seems to pull out some garbage points in the last couple minutes with Wentz which I also add to these two

12 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Yes next year I'm not paying attention to adp but looking for good teams terry McLaurin is my weak link but seems to pull out some garbage points in the last couple minutes with Wentz which I also add to these two

Sadly, you don't always have a crystal ball.  I thought the Raiders would have a pretty good offense this year.  I drafted Jacobs as my RB3, Carr as my QB2, and Renfrow as my WR3... that didn't work out so well.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Sadly, you don't always have a crystal ball.  I thought the Raiders would have a pretty good offense this year.  I drafted Jacobs as my RB3, Carr as my QB2, and Renfrow as my WR3... that didn't work out so well.

Nice to know you are human 😂

3 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

Nice to know you are human 😂

LOL, my team in my keeper league sucks so bad this year.

• QB1: Herbert
  • QB2: Carr
  • RB1: N. Harris
  • RB2: Javonte Williams
  • RB: Josh Jacobs
  • WR1: Ja'Marr Chase
  • WR2: Michael Pittman
  • WR3: Hunter Renfrow

Thought I was in great shape.  NOPE!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Stafford vs. Ryan

Both 5 td's

Both 7 int's

Both sacked 21 times

Hard to believe he won a superbowl last year hopefully they can turn it around smh

2021 regular season: Stafford sacks 1.8/game.

2022 regular season: Stafford sacks 4.2/game.

I'm not sure it's Stafford that's the bum here.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Rivers, Wentz, and now Ryan.

Maybe they can pull Drew Brees out of retirement for next season

1 minute ago, polecatt said:

Rivers, Wentz, and now Ryan.

Maybe they can pull Drew Brees out of retirement for next season

He'd actually be an upgrade and their pattern show's that they'd try someone younger.  My guess would be Baker Mayfield.  He might be one of the few worse than Ryan.

Wentz did have the benefit of having Taylor at his best last season, Taylor is avg in half ppr 11 points less per game then last season.  

Ryan I think would be having a better season, and the Colts as a team would be with Taylor at his best this season. 

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I dont know.  Carr hasnt been terrible hes the 11th ranked QB in standard leagues.   

I think jacobs has been good.  some great games, some meh games.   but for a RB3 what more can you ask for?   as far as I'm concerned if a RB3 is averaging 6-7 fantasy points a game hes doing fine.  but right now hes the #5 RB in fantasy football.   a very inconsistent #5  but in total points hes producing.   even though his total points suggest RB1 hes probably in reality a high end RB2 who has had some good games and the small sample size hasnt evened out yet.

Renfrow was a guy people had questions about.   some figured with Adams arrival he would fade away, while others thought hed be a nice compliment to Adams.   I figured he would take a step back but not as far as what we have seen so far.   so hes the guy you have right to about.

Raiders didn’t pick up Jacobs option , looks like he might be with a new team next season, and right now in half ppr , he’s having his best season.  Good for Jacobs. 

Ryan is just done. Has been for a few years now.

Stafford, I dunno, maybe he can turn it around. Maybe it’s the shoulder although in that case he’ll probably just eventually get shut down

11 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I dont know.  Carr hasnt been terrible hes the 11th ranked QB in standard leagues.   

I think jacobs has been good.  some great games, some meh games.   but for a RB3 what more can you ask for?   as far as I'm concerned if a RB3 is averaging 6-7 fantasy points a game hes doing fine.  but right now hes the #5 RB in fantasy football.   a very inconsistent #5  but in total points hes producing.   even though his total points suggest RB1 hes probably in reality a high end RB2 who has had some good games and the small sample size hasnt evened out yet.

Renfrow was a guy people had questions about.   some figured with Adams arrival he would fade away, while others thought hed be a nice compliment to Adams.   I figured he would take a step back but not as far as what we have seen so far.   so hes the guy you have right to about.

Maybe.  I just expected better.  I expected Carr to be in the 20+ point range regularly, not hit it once (barely).  With the addition of Adams, I thought their offense was going to be a lot more efficient and productive.   I drafted Carr a little earlier than I probably should have, because I thought he could sneak into the top 5.  I doubt he hits the top 10 by seasons end.  Sure, he might if some guys get hurt, but that's what he'll need to finish there.  Last year, he finished as QB13... and production-wise he's on pace to finish with about 450 less passing yards, but 4 more TD's.  Pretty much a wash.  Like I said, I expected better.

As for Jacobs, I do not expect 6 to 7 points from an RB3 in a ppr league.  Last year, Jacobs averaged 11.5 per game.  If he score 10 TD's this year, averages 75 yards per game and gets the same receiving numbers as last year 54 for 348, he averages 16 fpg.  In a way, he's producing like an RB3... peaks and valley's, but like what I said above regarding Carr, I expected more because of the addition of Adams upgrading their offense.  I thought he could be a sneaky RB1.

Renfrow has been completely invisible.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

As for Jacobs, I do not expect 6 to 7 points from an RB3 in a ppr league. 

my bad. I'm talking standard league scoring.

I am not sure where he ranks in PPR but I'm sure its not as good as most of Jacobs yards have come on the ground.   so I'm sure hes ranked lower.  but I dont know exactly where.

either way, the season is still early, I wouldnt write off Carr and Jacobs yet, but Renfrow looks to have been a wasted pick so far.

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

I am not sure where he ranks in PPR but I'm sure its not as good as most of Jacobs yards have come on the ground.   so I'm sure hes ranked lower.  but I dont know exactly where.

either way, the season is still early, I wouldnt write off Carr and Jacobs yet, but Renfrow looks to have been a wasted pick so far.

I'm not writing the two of them off, just saying how the first 5 weeks are going, that's all.  Yeah, I have written off Renfrow.  If there's a reason to pick someone up off of waivers, he'll be the one to get cut.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Ryan is just done. Has been for a few years now.

Stafford, I dunno, maybe he can turn it around. Maybe it’s the shoulder although in that case he’ll probably just eventually get shut down

I think its more likely the line and their inability to protect him.  hes taken some good hits.

I watched the season opener and I thought his throwing motion was fine.   there was nothing I could identify on most plays.   so I figure if his shoulder is ailing him its at least not affecting his throwing motion (which is good)

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Fantastic in ppr, he’s 4th.  

A healthy Taylor can help any Qb.  

11 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I think its more likely the line and their inability to protect him.  hes taken some good hits.

I watched the season opener and I thought his throwing motion was fine.   there was nothing I could identify on most plays.   so I figure if his shoulder is ailing him its at least not affecting his throwing motion (which is good)

He also lost two of his top three targets and one replacement is a total bum

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He also lost two of his top three targets and one replacement is a total bum

that certainly does not help either.