Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Odell Beckham Jr. Watch

Sounds like he wasn't happy with what the Rams offered. He's been spotted in various cities over the last week or so including New York (Giants) and Buffalo...

Sounding like the next antonio brown

32 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

I was wondering why if he was so sought after, some team didn't sign him even though he was injured and put him on IR.  Why are teams waiting and potentially missing out?

21 minutes ago, nobody said:

I was wondering why if he was so sought after, some team didn't sign him even though he was injured and put him on IR.  Why are teams waiting and potentially missing out?

He wants big money ...and with his age/injuries odell is his biggest fan 

22 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

He wants big money ...and with his age/injuries odell is his biggest fan 

true.

dude is almost 30 and coming off a second ACL surgery for his career to date.

should be no surprise rams lowballed him.  they dont have cap space to speak of, and why would they commit long term to a guy like him less than 12 months after his ACL was originally injured?   he wont likely help them this year.  not much anyhow......

anyone signing him is doing it for next year.

2 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

He wasn’t that good when he played for LA. If he signs somewhere let someone else spend a ton of FAB on him. 

Yea, but he "def kno" his worth. :lol:

He is / was no doubt an incredible talent in his prime and hope for his and our sake he might be again. 
Comeback stories are usually fun and add to the game...Unless they involve  Kaepernick...Then it's just dumb, bring us back to the stone ages, racial idiocy.

18 hours ago, nobody said:

I don't think he is that sought after.  I mean plenty of teams with interest but does anyone think he gets their team over the hump? Doubtful.

The reason they wait is because he could have a setback with rehab.  Why go pay a guy in August who still has 3 or 4 months left of rehab?   

19 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Not sure if he'll be that much of a headcase but I question his effectiveness & if its worth it for a team to even mess with him.  Id offer him low money & tie any guaranteed cash to playing time & performance numbers.  Otherwise, no way.

4 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

Not sure if he'll be that much of a headcase but I question his effectiveness & if its worth it for a team to even mess with him.  Id offer him low money & tie any guaranteed cash to playing time & performance numbers.  Otherwise, no way.

I think that's what set antonio over the edge . When brady gave gronk that catch for bonus and held antonio back

Seems to me that A Brown was having a lot more off field issues when he accepted Brady’s advances to join the Bradys.  

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Rams should make another attempt. ARob is done, done, DONE.

I think with the cost to buy him out, ARob may not go anywhere for a while.   They likely need to work with him to try and make the situation work.

13 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Rams should make another attempt. ARob is done, done, DONE.

It's too bad, too. Very gifted WR. 
I'll bet that if was on the Lions this year he would have been a monster.

What do you mean a monster, wr1? 

Looks like he’s dropped his price down from a ridiculous 20mil per to 4mil.  

If I’m keeping Jackson , I would pick him up.   

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Looks like he’s dropped his price down from a ridiculous 20mil per to 4mil.  

It's not clear that he was asking for $20 million to begin with.

Bills are also in the mix per reports...

1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

It's not clear that he was asking for $20 million to begin with.

Bills are also in the mix per reports...

well, if he was asking for 20 mil, this is a large dropoff haha.

honestly considering the ego on this guy I could see him originally asking 20 M.    but if teams laughed him out of the room he may have softened it.    

this could reflect a change of strategy where he lists a low dollar amount in an attempt to bring more teams into the bidding and create a bidding war for his services.

8 hours ago, Showboat said:

Watch?  It's like watching grass grow.

We get to watch OBJ's camp leak stories about how everyone is interested and the teams pretend they are interested.

honestly I wouldnt sign the guy, but that wouldnt stop me from sending a scout and pretending I'm interested.  if it makes other teams bid more money on the guy, that means these competitors will have less money to spend elsewhere on their roster.

so there may be some mind games going on here, but I dont know truly how many people would really be interested in him.

If I have a Qb like Jackson, I would sign him.  

4 hours ago, League Champion said:

Anyone can sign him now, there's been not one offer. 

its likely not as simple as just signing him.  most teams have a QB with a contract.  if bringing in a contract like that, you need to open up cap space and (likely) find a home for your current starting QB.  If their starter has a no trade clause, the team is automatically out.  Maybe there is some talk of sign and trade where the team sends their QB to Baltimore along with draft picks  and sign the guy..... but I think his age, style of play, and injury history have scared a lot of teams off.    not to mention the price of 2 first round picks for the privileges of being able to overpay a slightly above average (but not elite) QB who has elite running abilities.

the pool of teams interested is probably low.  maybe no more than 2 or 3 teams.

On 3/22/2023 at 10:22 AM, Ray_T said:

likely not as simple as just signing him.  most teams have a QB with a contract.  if bringing in a contract like that, you need to open up cap space and (likely) find a home for your current starting QB. 

The 2 first round picks are nothing, anyone would part with 2 first rounders for an elite QB, but he's not Elite. If he was elite 6 teams would be fighting over him right now, they'd find a way. The Texans have cap room, the Jets do, the Giants could of moved on from DJ, Saints (pre-Carr), Raiders, Patriots, Commanders, etc. It's not logistical as you suggest.

There's plenty of teams in need of a QB who could make it work, quite easily. It's just too risky, thank the Browns for F'ing up the market. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

There's plenty of teams in need of a QB who could make it work, quite easily. It's just too risky, thank the Browns for F'ing up the market.

well, the Browns will likely get whats coming to them.  if their man does not produce in year 2 of that contract they are in a whole lot of trouble.  They thought they were spending that cash on the best QB in the NFL and what they got so far has been Mediocre at best.

granted, he had a year out of football and came back to a new coach and a new system, so this year may be better if he gets to go through camp and properly learn the system.  but unless this guy is putting up top 3 numbers for QB's hes nowhere close to being worth the money and the team has a fully guaranteed contract they need to find a way to deal with.    This contract may have guaranteed the Browns wont be able to compete for a very long time if this signing turns out to be a dud. 

for this reason I could see a lot of teams being gun-shy about pulling the trigger on another deal like this.  

In a email today I saw that reportedly he His now asking around 15mil for one season.