Sign in to follow this  
rotisserieking

Brian Robinson expectations tonight?

I'm thinking of starting him based on the news coming out that he's starting and how horrible the Bears run D is. Is 70 yards and a TD too much to hope for? Or is he going to go for 12 rushes for 30 yards?

hmm .. it could really go either way. I think Wash will try to run the ball more and he is starting. Wash O line is bad though so not sure how many holes it can open even against bears D

I am in the same boat.. I have a Robinson decision. 🤣  Brian or Jax James

well, the Bears D hasnt looked good of late.  so it is certainly possible this is a good play

I’m rolling with Brob in the flex. What could possibly go wrong?

I would temper expectations.

There's 2 other RBs to share touches with.

It's the Commanders, it's not like they have a lot of fantasy value to begin with.

Who knows?

Maybe he breaks out for 120 yds and 2 TDs

37 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He was fast in pre-game warmups, running like he was shot from a gun.

Well, it is Chicago!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, crackills said:

hmm .. it could really go either way. I think Wash will try to run the ball more and he is starting. Wash O line is bad though so not sure how many holes it can open even against bears D

I am in the same boat.. I have a Robinson decision. 🤣  Brian or Jax James

Tough decision, I think I would go with Robinson. 

I was going to start Gordon over him, but sounds like he’s got a rib issue. Not ideal. I’m really really wanting to play Robinson.

I'll tell you this, I have an opponent starting him over N Harris so you know he's gonna go off!

5 minutes ago, skinsrule05 said:

Would you go BRob over Hunt?

Non ppr? 

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

I was going to start Gordon over him, but sounds like he’s got a rib issue. Not ideal. I’m really really wanting to play Robinson.

I’m glad I didn’t start him in the end. My Lord 

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

I’m glad I didn’t start him in the end. My Lord 

I got double digit points from my flex, all I wanted in the end.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I got double digit points from my flex, all I wanted in the end.

I would sell high on this kid as fast as a kid. It took a gift to even get that touchdown. 

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I would sell high on this kid as fast as a kid. It took a gift to even get that touchdown. 

Sorry you missed out, better luck next week 

12 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Sorry you missed out, better luck next week 

Lol. Just needed a muffed punt to completely flip the field. Not to mention Gibson looks better than he did. Thanks though. I’m the highest scoring team in my league. You needed to start Robinson I didn’t.

7 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Lol. Just needed a muffed punt to completely flip the field. Not to mention Gibson looks better than he did. Thanks though. I’m the highest scoring team in my league. You needed to start Robinson I didn’t.

I didn’t need to start him, I was just smart enough to do so. Feel bad you missed out. There is always next week. Best of luck.

17 for 60.  3.5 yards per carry.  I'm surprised.  Seemed like he got 1 yard every time he touched the ball.

I did end up starting him which worked out great, especially since my opponent got a letdown because he started Gibson. I'll take it. Just glad I didn't have to watch the game :whew: suckfest

28 minutes ago, rotisserieking said:

I did end up starting him which worked out great, especially since my opponent got a letdown because he started Gibson. I'll take it. Just glad I didn't have to watch the game :whew: suckfest

I don’t feel bad for the guy that started mckissic In my league. Now it’s a matter of does everyone sell high or ride the wave. 

12 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Agreed. People will see the headline—that he’s the starter—and covet him. But he wasn’t very impressive, at all.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Agreed. People will see the headline—that he’s the starter—and covet him. But he wasn’t very impressive, at all.

well, what it comes down to is what do you need him for?  was he just a bye week filler?

if so and you wont likely need him moving forward,  yeah see what you can get for him.......  I have found that RB's are tough to replace when they get hurt so its not terrible to have the depth there if you are needing it.

but it doesnt hurt to shop around.  see if you can get an upgrade elsewhere.  Waiver wire backs do come out of the woodwork from time to time but you gotta be on the ball and jump at the right time.

46 minutes ago, killerpopcorn said:

I don’t feel bad for the guy that started mckissic In my league. Now it’s a matter of does everyone sell high or ride the wave. 

You always sell high, if indeed the return is more than the player's worth. It just depends on your league. In mine, I'm confident if I put B-rob on the block I would get no offers that would move the needle for me. If I did I would sell....

13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

You always sell high, if indeed the return is more than the player's worth. It just depends on your league. In mine, I'm confident if I put B-rob on the block I would get no offers that would move the needle for me. If I did I would sell....

I was just busting your balls last night but yeah, I agree. I just don’t know if I could get anything for him even after a somewhat good game? I mean that thing was so much closer to being a six point game then it was his 12 point outing.

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I don’t think that’s the idea of sell high, exactly. Everyone has different valuations of players. So you’re betting that yours is right, and it’s lower than the other guy’s, but who knows for sure, he could be right too — sometimes optimism pays off :) 

49 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, what it comes down to is what do you need him for?  was he just a bye week filler?

if so and you wont likely need him moving forward,  yeah see what you can get for him.......  I have found that RB's are tough to replace when they get hurt so its not terrible to have the depth there if you are needing it.

but it doesnt hurt to shop around.  see if you can get an upgrade elsewhere.  Waiver wire backs do come out of the woodwork from time to time but you gotta be on the ball and jump at the right time.

This year, at best, he is a bye week filler type in flex.  I'd trade him for anything from steady flex player on up.

So I took a quick gander at the CBS Sports Trade Value Chart, which was put together before last night's game. So giving B-rob the implied slight bump, the types of guys in his trade range would be QB: Brady/Burrow/Geno; RB- Zeke/Singletary/James Robinson; WR- McLaurin/Diontae/Jeudy/A. Cooper/ Drake London, ad TE- Hockenson/Pitts/Waller Njoku. None of those would make me click yes immediately in a one for one.

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

True, but Hall didn't do much either for the Jets for the first month, and he wasn't recovering from a gunshot wound. Not many rookie RBs bust out in their first pro game ever. To me, Robinson is more of a stash for the 2nd half of the season.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This year, at best, he is a bye week filler type in flex.  I'd trade him for anything from steady flex player on up.

yeah, if you cant get that there is no point trading him.

personally I like hanging onto RB's because they can be hard to replace once you get into the bye weeks if you have an injury.

but thats just me.  I've been burned that way before and have learned its good to have more depth at RB than  you need.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

So I took a quick gander at the CBS Sports Trade Value Chart, which was put together before last night's game. So giving B-rob the implied slight bump, the types of guys in his trade range would be QB: Brady/Burrow/Geno; RB- Zeke/Singletary/James Robinson; WR- McLaurin/Diontae/Jeudy/A. Cooper/ Drake London, ad TE- Hockenson/Pitts/Waller Njoku. None of those would make me click yes immediately in a one for one.

I did not know about this tool, will check it out. My WRs are not good and I need an upgrade so I would certainly deal him for Cooper if I had the chance.

We'll see how he performs under the gun over the next few weeks; if he's got more bullets in the chamber, or if he's already shot.

I think he’s one of those guys you keep behind the glass and break in case of emergency. I don’t think I’m going to give up having the depth of having someone like Robinson and his talent on the bench. 

He might be the kind of guy that keeps you afloat if something catastrophic happens. Maybe eases into that flex role with good match ups.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

We'll see how he performs under the gun over the next few weeks; if he's got more bullets in the chamber, or if he's already shot.

Rumor has it when the Comanches come out for the next home game they will be led by Robinson, to the Pat Benetar classic’ hit me with your best shot’

You guys are just shooting from the hip now. He's got one leg up on the competition after the first round. I think he came back sooner than what was initially targeted.

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

This is a good take. I don’t think any of those would move the needle for me, maybe London. I think BR is someone to hold. There are reasons he could get better:

- they start throwing to him

- it takes a few games for the rookie to hit his stride like Hall did

- they are getting two O-line starters back at some point

3 hours ago, jrbdmb said:

True, but Hall didn't do much either for the Jets for the first month, and he wasn't recovering from a gunshot wound. Not many rookie RBs bust out in their first pro game ever. To me, Robinson is more of a stash for the 2nd half of the season.

Agreed