Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

stupid facts

Recommended Posts

The Lions and the Browns are the only teams with more than 130 points scored who also have a sub .500 record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for the offense at least.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big part of Tom Brady's legacy will be his pioneering use of the sack as an offensive weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Giants just got their first interception of the season with 2:50 to go in the 4th qtr of the 6th game.

It couldn't have come at a bigger time, they pick a terrible throw from Lamar Jackson to set them up inside the Ravens 20 down 20-17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

 

Same thing here in Denver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Learned something new tonight...

Does anyone know who is the only athlete to play in a Final Four...

...AND win the Heisman Trophy?

He actually did it in the same college year, as well... and was the #1 pick in the NFL draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And he had a 99 yard rushing td for Oregon St . And he’s still alive, very interesting story   

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Learned something new tonight...

Does anyone know who is the only athlete to play in a Final Four...

...AND win the Heisman Trophy?

He actually did it in the same college year, as well... and was the #1 pick in the NFL draft.

FSU's Charlie Ward would be my guess. I think he even dabbled in baseball.

:dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite stupid fact until it finally gets broken, which doesn't seem likely soon.

Only one NFL team has never had a QB throw for 4,000 yds in a single season.?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

FSU's Charlie Ward would be my guess. I think he even dabbled in baseball.

:dunno:

Not a bad guess, but this goes back to the year of my birth.  Actually the week of my birth, given that the 1963 Final Four was played on March 23, and I was born on March 31 of that year (and if the Beatles can do 8 days a week, so can I).

Terry Baker, Oregon State

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

My favorite stupid fact until it finally gets broken, which doesn't seem likely soon.

Only one NFL team has never had a QB throw for 4,000 yds in a single season.?.

The "not any time soon" part makes it sound like the Bears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The "not any time soon" part makes it sound like the Bears.

:pointstosky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Not a bad guess, but this goes back to the year of my birth.  Actually the week of my birth, given that the 1963 Final Four was played on March 23, and I was born on March 31 of that year (and if the Beatles can do 8 days a week, so can I).

Terry Baker, Oregon State

Realized afterwards it couldn't have been Ward because he wasn't #1 in the NFL draft. Didn't even play NFL. Went NBA.

Still, when there's the local debate "greatest athlete out Florida" I always say Charlie Ward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Ward didn’t have a 99 yard rushing td, and he didn’t play for Oregon State. But he is still alive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Mixon scored more than 1 out of every 10 TDs that was scored on Sunday afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Colts should petition to join the AFC West.  They have 4 wins; 3 of them are the Chiefs, the Broncos and the Raiders.  Chargers TBD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2022 at 12:27 AM, AxeElf said:

Learned something new tonight...

Does anyone know who is the only athlete to play in a Final Four...

...AND win the Heisman Trophy?

He actually did it in the same college year, as well... and was the #1 pick in the NFL draft.

 

On 11/5/2022 at 12:27 AM, AxeElf said:

Learned something new tonight...

Does anyone know who is the only athlete to play in a Final Four...

...AND win the Heisman Trophy?

He actually did it in the same college year, as well... and was the #1 pick in the NFL draft.

I was thinking perhaps Julius Peppers, but he didn't win the Heisman...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2022 at 3:48 PM, gridirongoofs said:

Same thing here in Denver. 

It's only an advantage if it helps you win.  :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind I was half asleep when I saw this last night. I think it said up until last weeks game against the Packers, the Cowboys were 194-0 in games they led by 2 TDs or more after the 3rd quarter. Now 194-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Follow the circle clockwise to see what team they beat, the score, and when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Marcus Jones punt return for a td Sunday was the first one of the year in the NFL. OVER 1000 punts & this was the first to go to the house😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

The Marcus Jones punt return for a td Sunday was the first one of the year in the NFL. OVER 1000 punts & this was the first to go to the house😱

And I had been thinking they were killing kick off returns

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, polecatt said:

And I had been thinking they were killing kick off returns

kickoff returns were not part of the stats.   we are talking punt returns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

kickoff returns were not part of the stats.   we are talking punt returns.

Antonio Brown used to be really good at that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

kickoff returns were not part of the stats.   we are talking punt returns.

Nothing gets by you! 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw that Patterson is now the king of kick return tds, so I guess his name will now be in the HOF.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In week 12 Kenneth Walker had 14 rushes for 26 yards with 2 TDs.  His TD runs were 12 and 14 yards.  So when he wasn't scoring a TD, he had 12 rushes for ZERO yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Showboat said:

In week 12 Kenneth Walker had 14 rushes for 26 yards with 2 TDs.  His TD runs were 12 and 14 yards.  So when he wasn't scoring a TD, he had 12 rushes for ZERO yards.

thats the way it goes sometimes.  not a particularly good day in reality but he was good when he needed to be.   which (in real life) is sometimes good enough.

I only caught part of the game, but on the handful of run plays I saw, it did not look like  Seattle's line was opening many holes.

so I dont know how much I blame on the runner or on the line.  granted... what I saw was a small sample size, but if the rest matched what I saw its no surprise the run game wasnt all that good most of the time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×