Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye21

The future of the Republican Party

12 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Well I thought libs were supposed to be nice about people, rather than refer to them (or even think of them) as "inbred", or "retard".  You basically called her inbred based on the appearance of her face.

They are, unless the person is conservative.  Then it's open season.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Kinzinger and Cheney are Bushtard-era GOP malcontents more focused on corporate globaist priorities. They'd rather throw in with the big money Democrats and embrace the trannies and critical race theorists than sit in the backseat while the populist drives the party in the direction of scooping up dissaffected Democrats such as minorities, labor unions, and the dwindling number of sane people on the left like Elon Musk, Tulsi Gabbard, Joe Rogan, Andrew Yang, and Bill Maher. If I retract the word "sane" I can include Kanye on the list.

Was considering to post something similar, but you said it better than what I would've.  :thumbsup:  Also, I don't know who that poster is.  My initial thought was another rusty/gutter troll alias.

4 hours ago, craftsman said:

I find it funny that everyone calls Putin a murderous nut case but no one takes possible nuclear action by him seriously.

I'm not calling for nuclear war, but Putin is unstable and I wouldn't bet against him using nukes against Ukraine if things play out poorly for him.

And the last person I would want in office if something like that happens would be a retarded old feeble-minded democrat like Joe Biden with a democratic house and senate.

Sure it's possible, but there is no sense in getting all anxious about things over which we have no control, unless we do go to war and your ass gets drafted and sent to the front, which would be fantastic.

14 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Kinzinger and Cheney are Bushtard-era GOP malcontents more focused on corporate globaist priorities. They'd rather throw in with the big money Democrats and embrace the trannies and critical race theorists than sit in the backseat while the populist drives the party in the direction of scooping up dissaffected Democrats such as minorities, labor unions, and the dwindling number of sane people on the left like Elon Musk, Tulsi Gabbard, Joe Rogan, Andrew Yang, and Bill Maher. If I retract the word "sane" I can include Kanye on the list.

Wouldn't you rather have a "Bushtard" rino who vote 98+ % of the conservative agenda then a Democrat who votes 0? 

I get wanting the type of Republicans you're describing, but is it worth it if you lose the seat due to replacing a Cheney for a different candidate?

Say Kinzingers seat goes blue. Wouldn't you rather have Kinzinger then a Omar type? Just seems like a gamble not worth risking since you're getting the votes you need from the Kinzinger types. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Was considering to post something similar, but you said it better than what I would've.  :thumbsup:  Also, I don't know who that poster is.  My initial thought was another rusty/gutter troll alias.

I've been here forever. I just don't post a lot.

Eta: long enough to even talk with both Bunny and Sux on the phone. 🤣

4 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Sure it's possible, but there is no sense in getting all anxious about things over which we have no control, unless we do go to war and your ass gets drafted and sent to the front, which would be fantastic.

Kind of like Biden and the chinese flu?

We can’t control if we go to war with a nuclear power led by a madman? Dammit. 

1 hour ago, crackattack said:

I've been here forever. I just don't post a lot.

Eta: long enough to even talk with both Bunny and Sux on the phone. 🤣

Ok, gotchya.  Once in a while, alias' pop up that I've never seen and I'm like, yeah, I'm not bothering with him.  :thumbsup:

Man, I really want the conservatives to come back. And not morons like crapsman who think conservative, Republican, Fundie and trumper are all the same thing.

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Man, I really want the conservatives to come back. And not morons like crapsman who think conservative, Republican, Fundie and trumper are all the same thing.

Good god no.  Corporatists, religious zealots, globalists and war profiteers....no thank you. I love the direction the party is moving. The policies are fantastic.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

What's a fundie? Is that something that keeps you company after your 19th shot of cheap vodka?

23 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Yes, the Republican party is deeply divided. 

On the far right you have the MAGAs who are all about Trumpism, and they have zero tolerance for moderate Republicans, who get ostracized, called RINOS and draw the ire and even calls for violence from the extremist right.

Sure, the left has its extreme, but there isn't this deep chasm between them and the moderate Democrats. This is why Biden won. He got the moderate vote.

This site explains who the moderate Republicans are.

https://moderaterepublican.org/who-we-are

Moderate Republicans are right-of-center voters in the political spectrum. They are generally considered progressive on the social issues, conservative on the fiscal issues, and typically prioritize fiscal demands over social agenda. Moderate Republicans proudly embrace the tradition of an inclusive party, but seek to reinstate mainstream Republican viewpoints within the elective body and party leadership.

FISCAL ISSUES:

Moderate Republicans believe "the government that governs best... governs least." [Thomas Jefferson]. They consider the federal debt (approximately $20 trillion) dangerously high and evidence of the incompetency in Washington. They want reform and officials who can get it done.

Moderate Republicans believe that new methods of generating efficiency and cost control are needed in reforming all government agencies.

They believe that the principles of capitalism and freedom of enterprise have produced the strongest and most innovative economy in the world. They disapprove of a system that increasingly taxes work to subsidize non-work. For Moderate Republicans, this issue is exclusively a matter of how best to make America the most vibrant, productive, and competitive country in the world, now and for the future.

SOCIAL ISSUES:

Moderate Republicans prioritize fiscal demands over social issues. They want responsible spending and a vibrant economy first. They believe those priorities are more consistent with the proper role of government. They despise petty politics, shallow campaign techniques, and the manner in which the social issues have come to impede productive governance.

Moderate Republicans are sometimes called 'Moder(n)ate Republicans.' They often support gay rights, a woman's right to choose, climate change initiatives, and abolition of the death penalty. They reject the intolerance of the far-right and lament the interference that focus on social issues has played in advancing fiscal priorities. They do not want divine creation taught in schools, or to change the national anthem because it does not specifically mention the word God. They are generally strong advocates of the right-to-privacy and skeptical of government abuse. They stand firm on these principles and are not afraid to voice them. These voices are the future of the Republican Party.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Yea, no moderate Republicans.  I'd rather have Obama which resulted in Trump, and Biden (like Jimmy Carter resulted in Reagan) result in Trump or DeSantis. 

Bush, Romney, McCain can all go fock off.

Yay! Let’s vote for moderates. Can I get a list? 

5 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Yea, no moderate Republicans.  I'd rather have Obama which resulted in Trump, and Biden (like Jimmy Carter resulted in Reagan) result in Trump or DeSantis. 

Bush, Romney, McCain can all go fock off.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yay! Let’s vote for moderates. Can I get a list? 

Gepetto just gave you one and proved the point by swearing he’d never vote for them :thumbsup:

I’d add Murkowski and probably Haley (though she might like to pretend otherwise)

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

On the far right you have the MAGAs who are all about Trumpism, and they have zero tolerance for moderate Republicans, who get ostracized, called RINOS and draw the ire and even calls for violence from the extremist right.

Sure, the left has its extreme, but there isn't this deep chasm between them and the moderate Democrats. This is why Biden won. He got the moderate vote.

They aren't Moderate Republican's. LOL, gtfoh.  Those are classic liberals are who now "Moderate Republican's" because of how extreme the left has gone.  Only a complete moron would think that those people are Moderate Republican's.  Oh, wait, you.... think... they.... are.......  😯

14 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Could be my area, but it certainly looks like GenZ is way more left than Millennials.

I've heard the same thing as Justin, but fock if I know. It could be just wishful thinking.

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I've heard the same thing as Justin, but fock if I know. It could be just wishful thinking.

What's a genz and a millenial? Which one comes later? 

I remember when people were either Americans or were not Americans. 

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

What's a genz and a millenial? Which one comes later? 

I remember when people were either Americans are were not Americans. 

Every generation seems to have an issue with the other generations. Need to pass blame somehow. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Every generation seems to have an issue with the other generations. Need to pass blame somehow. 

I have only ever had an issue with age and experience. Including when I was a kid. I never categorized times, just said, once you are on your own and supporting yourself, you can be considered an adult. But that was mostly through a family structure belief. 

11 hours ago, crackattack said:

Wouldn't you rather have a "Bushtard" rino who vote 98+ % of the conservative agenda then a Democrat who votes 0? 

I get wanting the type of Republicans you're describing, but is it worth it if you lose the seat due to replacing a Cheney for a different candidate?

Say Kinzingers seat goes blue. Wouldn't you rather have Kinzinger then a Omar type? Just seems like a gamble not worth risking since you're getting the votes you need from the Kinzinger types. 🤷‍♂️

Of course it's better to have the Bushtards. In the right district, they could win a tight election and there's plenty of room in back seat for holdover Bushtards. In Cheney and Kinzinger's case both are in safe Republican seats so there's no downside to replacing them. Wyoming is an at large state that cleaned Cheney's clock by like 50 points. Meanwhile, when Dem-dominated Illinois redistricted LaHood and Kinzinger together into the same district, the jig was up for Kinzinger who didn't bother to run for re-election allowing LaHood to stick around.

These are bad examples. 

Peter Meijer in Michigan is in a traditionally GOP seat, it's the one that Justin Amash held before him. The GOP voters there cast him on his ear in favor of a poorly funded Trump-esque candidate in a tight race who could lose it. I'd have voted Meijer out of office too, fock him, but there is a risk the Dems nab that seat.

I have no issue with the greatest generation. Only that they spawned the baby boomers. 

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have no issue with the greatest generation. Only that they spawned the baby boomers. 

Something Tim Pool likes to say about the cycles of life:

tough times make tough men, tough men make easy times, easy times make weak men, weak men make tough times

14 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Something Tim Pool likes to say about the cycles of life:

tough times make tough men, tough men make easy times, easy times make weak men, weak men make tough times

We couldn't have a weaker government if we had a blueprint of how to put together a weak government as we have today.

The future, and the present of the Republican Party is not being the now far left Democratic Party.  Just oppose them and they’ll be on their way. They, and their ideas suck ballz. 

Come on, children, you're acting like children
Every generation thinks it's the end of the world
All you fat followers, get fit fast
Every generation thinks it's the last, thinks it's the end of the world

It's a dream down a well, it's a long, heavy hell
I don't care anymore, I don't care anymore
It's a fear we transcend if we're here at the end
You never know

25 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You never know

what? :dunno:

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

🤞

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's a song by Wilco.

Seemed to have some application to the generational argument? But also I just like the song and the band :) 

13 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

You never know

Seeing Wilco live had been on my bucket list for years, and we went and saw them recently in Memphis. Got to stand right in front of the stage, and they were fantastic. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Seeing Wilco live had been on my bucket list for years, and we went and saw them recently in Memphis. Got to stand right in front of the stage, and they were fantastic. 

Oh My God!!! You go girlfriend!!!

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I’ve seen them a number of times. Minneapolis back in collidge after A Ghost is Born came out was best. I believe that was the tour that led to their live album, Kicking Television. But they’ve put out some good records since and still put on a great show :cheers:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

I’ve seen them a number of times. Minneapolis back in collidge after A Ghost is Born came out was best. I believe that was the tour that led to their live album, Kicking Television. But they’ve put out some good records since and still put on a great show :cheers:

The wife and I were chatting months ago about bands on our bucket list, so I looked up Wilco and saw that they were playing a Memphis music festival called Mempho Fest. (Not sure why they didn't just call it Memphest or something.)

We got VIP passes (about $600 apiece) and went the last weekend in September.

The whole experience was amazing. Memphis is a super-cool place. It has soul. It's like New York City and New Orleans had a baby.

We'd been to Jazz Fest in New Orleans. Incredible festival, albeit crowded. It has a variety of stages and tents, and they're all going at once. It's almost impossible to get spots right in front of the main stages, particularly the biggest stage, where people come earlier and stake out their spot for the day.

Mempho Fest was in a botanical garden and only had two stages, and only one of them at a time had music going.

It was more laid back than Jazz Fest, which I didn't think possible. Once a band ended their set, everyone meandered over to the other stage. If you got there 5 minutes early, you could stand right in front of the stage.

We saw some amazing acts - such as Celise and Fantastic Negrito - that we'd never heard of before.

The VIP passes were totally worth it. You immediately got back $100 to use on drinks, food and merchandise. The VIP area had a tent near the main stage, and you could claim a table and keep it all day. Free water, soft drinks and snacks. Parking was right next to the entrance. 

Memphis has amazing food and incredible museums, and it was only a six-hour drive.

But the highlight of the whole thing was chatting up a couple standing with us before Wilco, who went on before Widespread Panic, an insanely great live act. The couple are Widespread Panic groupies and had seen them a bazillion times. I told them about Wilco on my bucket list. After Wilco was done, the wife in the couple disappeared. Ten minutes later, she returned with not only a Wilco set list but also the sound man's set list with written notes on it.

Those fockers are getting framed and hung in my office!

We're definitely going back next year!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

The wife and I were chatting month ago about bands on our bucket list,

Oh boy. That sounds like a great story.....:rolleyes:

On 10/18/2022 at 1:59 PM, Pimpadeaux said:

Also known as gay Republicans