Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Hoops '22-'23

'bout time to defend the 'ship :banana:

:lol:

The football team is hitting the skids, so it is time to get off the bandwagon...

19 minutes ago, posty said:

The football team is hitting the skids, so it is time to get off the bandwagon...

says who?  Football is still relevant.  I'm still adding those games to my personal calendar.  the BBall preseason poll came out today so why not start talking about it?

20 minutes ago, posty said:

Big 12 football still allergic to defense?

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Big 12 football still allergic to defense?

As is the SEC...

KU has imposed their own punishment

Kansas has imposed a four-game suspension for coach Bill Self and lead assistant Kurtis Townsend to begin the season in response to the NCAA's ongoing investigation into potential wrongdoing by its top two coaches, the school announced on Wednesday. The investigation into Kansas, which has yet to conclude as one of a handful of ongoing cases being adjudicated through the IARP process, began in 2017.

Both Self and Townsend were held off the road by Kansas during the June and July live recruiting period as the NCAA's probe into the program dragged on, a source told CBS Sports' Matt Norlander over the summer. That signaled perhaps the first self-imposed sanction from the school as part of a collaborative effort with the NCAA to finalize the investigation, though several other KU coaches were still on the road recruiting in that same span.

The suspensions for its top two coaches are just a small sliver of some of the self-imposed sanctions the school announced Wednesday as its case inches closer to a resolution. In addition to holding Self and Townsend off the road earlier this year, they have also included the following sanctions:

The reduction of four official visits during this academic year and in 2023-24.
The reduction of three total scholarships in Men's Basketball; to be distributed over the next three years.
The implementation of a six-week ban on recruiting communications, a six-week ban on unofficial visits and a thirteen-day reduction in the number of permissible recruiting days during the 2022-23 calendar year.
No official visits for 2022 Late Night in the Phog.

The NCAA's investigation into Kansas began in 2017 after the FBI investigation into bribery and corruption within college basketball ensnared the Jayhawks. KU received its Notice of Allegations from the NCAA in September 2019 that included three Level I violations -- the harshest in the NCAA rulebook -- which were tied to both recruiting improprieties, a lack of institutional control and a head coach responsibility charge levied against Self.

"We are hopeful these difficult self-imposed sanctions will assist in bringing the case to a conclusion," Kansas athletic director Travis Goff said in a statement. "Until then, we will continue to focus on supporting our outstanding Men's Basketball student-athletes and coaches. Assistant Coach Norm Roberts will serve as interim head coach during the first four games. Per confidentiality guidelines related to infraction cases, we are unable to comment in depth until there is full resolution of this matter."

Self and Townsend missing the first four games of the No. 5 Jayhawks' season would hold them out for contests against Nebraska Omaha on Nov. 7, North Dakota State on Nov. 10, No. 7 Duke in the Champions Classic on Nov. 15 and Southern Utah on Nov. 18. Their first game back in action will be Nov. 23 in the Battle 4 Atlantis against NC State.

14 minutes ago, posty said:

👍

Ample and sufficient

Agreed. 

Taking my 17 year old daughter to the ku opener tonight.   She hasn't wanted to go in a long time, so it's nice to get to spend a little one on one time with her. 

18 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Taking my 17 year old daughter to the ku opener tonight.   She hasn't wanted to go in a long time, so it's nice to get to spend a little one on one time with her. 

Sad that you are forcing her to go to the game...

D1ck might end up being one and done.   But the student section chanting "d1ck d1cj d1ck d1ck d1ck d1ck d1ck" after every three this season is going to be fun. 

Sorry one more

Man that d1ck is long, with a nice sweet stroke

If you ain't watching this, you should be

Two great games tonight.   Hope you fools are watching this. 

18 first half points for Grady D1ck against NC State

Tennessee looked good last night, they should really jump in the rankings.

Grady can play all the offense he wants, but if he can't play Bill Self defense he isn't going to be on the floor as much as he would otherwise.  And KU needs to figure out what they are doing with the 5 spot.  They have some talent but more experienced bigs are going to abuse us in the post if we don't figure something out.  I've seen a lot of this over the years with KU though, and it's possible the post play will look a lot better in March than it did in November.  We shall see.  Otherwise, aren't many teams who can match KU's 1-4.

43 minutes ago, crackattack said:

My Boilers are still unbeaten after punching Gonzaga in the mouth. Next up Duke!

Saw the end of that game.  Your boy Edey is a focking beast.  What is that guy, 7'2, 325 and super athletic?  Man.  As a Duke fan I'm really worried about how our freshman big men are going to contain him tomorrow. 

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

Saw the end of that game.  Your boy Edey is a focking beast.  What is that guy, 7'2, 325 and super athletic?  Man.  As a Duke fan I'm really worried about how our freshman big men are going to contain him tomorrow. 

I think he's 7'4 290lbs. He's progressed very nicely.

5 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Duke beat down. Next!

Purdue is a problem. The narrative of a down year in the Big 10 appears to have been a bit premature.

35 minutes ago, Reality said:

Purdue is a problem. The narrative of a down year in the Big 10 appears to have been a bit premature.

This is a good young team. They lose nobody of value after this season and play what, 3 true freshman? Great chemistry so far.

6 hours ago, crackattack said:

This is a good young team. They lose nobody of value after this season and play what, 3 true freshman? Great chemistry so far.

Great win.  Congrats.  Purdue is for real.  I wouldn't get too comfortable about not losing anyone.  A deep run in to the tournament and you may lose some guys.  Edey, in particular, has no reason to stay after this year.  It's unlikely his draft stock gets any higher than it will be after this season if he continues playing anywhere near the level he's playing at.

7 hours ago, Strike said:

Great win.  Congrats.  Purdue is for real.  I wouldn't get too comfortable about not losing anyone.  A deep run in to the tournament and you may lose some guys.  Edey, in particular, has no reason to stay after this year.  It's unlikely his draft stock gets any higher than it will be after this season if he continues playing anywhere near the level he's playing at.

Imo Edey is not an NBA player. He's to slow and zero game away from the basket. The days of the huge center that just stands under the basket has long been over in the NBA. I can't think of 1 NBA center Edey could cover. 

I could be wrong of course, but I see Edey in Europe or something like that.

KU putting it to the 14th ranked Hoosiers

Virginia/ Houston should be a good one later as well. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Complete no show by IU, embarrassing effort.

Also lost starting PG. Good times.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

IU sucks. Overrated. They are the ND of basketball. Don't read into that much.

3 minutes ago, crackattack said:

IU would beg to be the ND of basketball. One of them is occasionally in the conversation.

Also i got $495 for selling my 2 season tix for today's game :banana:

1 hour ago, crackattack said:

They don’t suck but Woodson had better figure out how to maximize Hood-Schiffino and what to do when TJD is doubled— because that’s not gonna stop happening.

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

They don’t suck but Woodson had better figure out how to maximize Hood-Schiffino and what to do when TJD is doubled— because that’s not gonna stop happening.

Same team as last year plus a couple of freshman. Last years team sucked, same as this years.

10 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Same team as last year plus a couple of freshman. Last years team sucked, same as this years.

That’s incorrect.

1 minute ago, MLCKAA said:

That’s incorrect.

What's incorrect? This is the reason IU was preseason BIG favorites. Returned a lot and had a good recruiting class. But they returned a lot from a 21 win team and 9th in the BIG. Outside of Jackson Davis, the other returning players are meh. Xavier should've been booted if Woodson had an ounce of integrity as a head coach. That team is not good.

13 minutes ago, crackattack said:

What's incorrect? This is the reason IU was preseason BIG favorites. Returned a lot and had a good recruiting class. But they returned a lot from a 21 win team and 9th in the BIG. Outside of Jackson Davis, the other returning players are meh. Xavier should've been booted if Woodson had an ounce of integrity as a head coach. That team is not good.

It’s incorrect that they suck.  I’m not an IU grad so I have nothing in this but that’s incorrect.

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

It’s incorrect that they suck.  I’m not an IU grad so I have nothing in this but that’s incorrect.

What does being a grad have anything to do with it? Sports fans can talk about teams they like or don't without being a grad. I'm a big Purdue fan, but went to IUPFW after my stint in the military. IU is a borderline NIT/tourney team. That stinks for a "blue blood". 

55 minutes ago, crackattack said:

What does being a grad have anything to do with it? Sports fans can talk about teams they like or don't without being a grad. I'm a big Purdue fan, but went to IUPFW after my stint in the military. IU is a borderline NIT/tourney team. That stinks for a "blue blood". 

Merely pointing out that I’m not a diehard IU fan like so many of their grads tend to be.  I’m indifferent to the fate of that team, but they don’t suck.