Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Hoops '22-'23

13 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I've always found Toofy's love of all Kansas to be rather endearing. He just loves his teams and isn't all that obnoxious about it. That's just the Kansas way. He'll stick with all his team and maintain a positive attitude regardless. He's now some bandwagon fair-weather fan who gets all beeyatchy and leaves his teams when things aren't going so well, like Dallas Cowboys fans.

Two of my teams are from Missouri ;)

I don't know many people who get excited about a primetime game featuring TCU, but they get Big Monday tonight.  If KU wins it makes the road to winning the Big 12 much easier, as TCU is they only team which got 'em at AFH.  And they didn't just get them, they mopped the floor with them last time these two teams played.

Enjoying the day off, may grill later and probably enjoy a couple cold ones while watching this later.  Probably some of the Oklahoma State/ WVU game as well that's on at 6.

11 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I don't know many people who get excited about a primetime game featuring TCU, but they get Big Monday tonight.  If KU wins it makes the road to winning the Big 12 much easier, as TCU is they only team which got 'em at AFH.  And they didn't just get them, they mopped the floor with them last time these two teams played.

Enjoying the day off, may grill later and probably enjoy a couple cold ones while watching this later.  Probably some of the Oklahoma State/ WVU game as well that's on at 6.

We're watching the game. We watch a lot of college basketball. 

two huge games tomorrow with current 2-5 teams playing each other.  Great matchups for a fat tuesday celebration

TCU got a little jobbed by officials  on their penultimate possession.

I think Baylor is missing their Tang

My poor son.   He's a sophomore and isn't all world or anything but loves playing baseball abs a bunch of his friends are on the team.   I assume he'll make JV.

Tuesday he was planning to go to senior night against KU where it's likely Mahomes would be in attendance.   Nope, mandatory baseball tryouts.  Then I see there are JV games on royals opening day which I had planned to take him to (I've personally never made it to opening day), and NFL Draft night 1 which he really wanted to go to. 

Also, I can't watch the Baylor /Texas game as I'm sitting here waiting for KU to start as I canceled my espn subscription and don't want to pay the $9.99 for the month just for that game :mad:

The big 12 tourney is going to be insane.   Right now ku would play the winner of Texas tech/ West Virginia as #8/9 seeds, ON THE SECOND FOCKING DAY!!!! (first game for ku)

IU with an absolute clinic at Purdue. Even the refshow didn't make a difference. Dominating performance. JHS, my goodnes... Kid is a star.

Tons of upsets today.   This is going to be a fun March. 

11 hours ago, Reality said:

IU with an absolute clinic at Purdue. Even the refshow didn't make a difference. Dominating performance. JHS, my goodnes... Kid is a star.

I'll eat some crow here. Complete domination by IU. JHS is gone, well, I think he's a one and done. I'll be glad too. Congrats to IU.

17 big xii regular season championships in 20 years for Bill Self.   What time to be a fan of 2/3 of the teams I follow, and then I got the royals to bring me back down to reality. 

@edjr, are you going to run a yahoo bracket for us?  Looks like you can renew groups from the past now...

10 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

17 big xii regular season championships in 20 years for Bill Self. 

How many automatic bids have they received from those regular season championships?

16 minutes ago, posty said:

How many automatic bids have they received from those regular season championships?

twelve, but silly you those are for winning the tournament not the regular season crown.

Compared to:

Iowa State - 5

Oklahoma - 3

Oklahoma State - 2

Missouri - 2

Texas - 1

:dunno:

Just now, cmh6476 said:

twelve, but silly you those are for winning the tournament not the regular season crown.

Compared to:

Iowa State - 5

Oklahoma - 3

Oklahoma State - 2

Missouri - 2

Texas - 1

:dunno:

actually sorry, that's the history of the Big 12 tournament.  Since Bill came in 2023, it would be:

Kansas - 9

Iowa State - 4

Oklahoma State - 2

Missouri - 2

Texas - 1

It's cause the b12 isn't typically very deep. If 1 team dominates, well................not very deep :dunno:

17 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Right, so no automatic bids from winning the Big 12 regular season title...  It is a meaningless accomplishment and I would still say that if it was WVU that won all those regular season crowns...

2 minutes ago, crackattack said:

It's cause the b12 isn't typically very deep. If 1 team dominates, well................not very deep :dunno:

ah give me a damn break :lol:

The big 12 is consistently fielding the top teams in college basketball.  Last two national champions, and KU was the # overall seed the prior year when the tournament was cancelled.  Easily the best conference in the country this year.

1 minute ago, posty said:

Right, so no automatic bids from winning the Big 12 regular season title...  It is a meaningless accomplishment and I would still say that if it was WVU that won all those regular season crowns...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I know Bill Self has said time and time again, winning the regular season is more important than winning the  conference tournament.  I would happen to agree with him.

We're going to the Houston-Wichita State game tomorrow. 

I'm sort-of a Houston fan, and the wife is sort-of a Wichita State fan, but we just love college basketball.

She's a bigger fan of Kansas.

7 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

ah give me a damn break :lol:

The big 12 is consistently fielding the top teams in college basketball.  Last two national champions, and KU was the # overall seed the prior year when the tournament was cancelled.  Easily the best conference in the country this year.

I agree about this year. But it's typically a top heavy league. Kansas and Baylor. Nobody fears Texas Tech, Iowa St, Texas, TCU, etc. 

Now, you can say this about most leagues, but take Kansas out and it's "typically" an average league. This year it's deeper and probably the best league in the country from top to bottom. 

10 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

We're going to the Houston-Wichita State game tomorrow. 

I'm sort-of a Houston fan, and the wife is sort-of a Wichita State fan, but we just love college basketball.

She's a bigger fan of Kansas.

I've had two season tickets, this year and last being my first time getting them.  I'm contemplating adding two more seats next year, and going to up my Williams Fund donation to try and get better priority.  I've easily made my money back from having just two tickets and selling a little more than half the games.

Since Houston is joining the conference next year, and we'll have 14 teams in an interim year with the four added teams and prior to OU and Texas departing, it's not a guarantee Houston will play in Allen Field House next year.  But assuming I have four tickets rather than just two, if you and the Mrs. wanted to come to KC/ Lawrence for the game next winter we could have all sorts of toofy/ rusty shenanigans.

Just now, crackattack said:

I agree about this year. But it's typically a top heavy league. Kansas and Baylor. Nobody fears Texas Tech, Iowa St, Texas, TCU, etc. 

Now, you can say this about most leagues, but take Kansas out and it's "typically" an average league. This year it's deeper and probably the best league in the country from top to bottom. 

I hear what you are saying, but there always seems to be two or three other teams in the top 25 in addition to KU.  It may not consistently be the same team, but there's always a couple in addition to KU and Baylor.

@cmh6476:  Just messing with you...  It is incredible to have a run that they are having especially with the one-and-done players and now the transfer protocol...

13 minutes ago, posty said:

@cmh6476:  Just messing with you...  It is incredible to have a run that they are having especially with the one-and-done players and now the transfer protocol...

Yes, it is.  Ultimately, people expect NCAA Championships and it's hard to say if Bill will ever win another one or not, but the legacy he is leaving is remarkable.  I saw someone post that if KU were to win the NC this year, he could pass the great Phog Allen with most all-time wins at Kansas.  If Self were to win another title he will tie Roy Williams, Jim Calhoun and Bob Knight with three, and only trail Adolph Rupp (4), Coach K (5), and the legendary John Wooden with 10.  It's hard to imagine anyone will ever come close to Wooden's record, but there's no reason to think Bill has plans of retiring anytime soon and could definitely start to catch some of those others.

Great games between Alabama/ auburn and Texas/tcu.

I was kind of hoping Texas would win, so that the ku/Texas game was either for a share of the title or outright crown for ku with a win.   I think it still means a lot, simply for ncaa tournament seeding and locations.   It behooves Kansas to bypass Houston, because they are likely to send Houston to kc over Louisville for the Midwest regional, and that sends ku elsewhere.   

Anyone else going to any conference or tournament games, at any division level?  The women's division ii championship is in my hometown, but I'll actually be in des Moines that week for the men's 1st and 2nd rounds.

Now mark Adams gets a break from the team

Off to a great start, what a finish for DePaul and Seton hall!

I feel like I'm taking to myself, but kind of a sh1tty way for boeheim to go out

Mark Adams has resigned from Texas Tech.   First they lose Beard, now Adams. 

What is going on in the big 12?

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Oof...  If true, get well soon Coach...