Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Hoops '22-'23

These two days have been a great example of just how much luck (in addition to having a great team) there is in winning six games in a row.

Jesus, Purdue is such a fraud that nobody is even surprised. What a joke.

I was not surprised Purdue lost.  They can't score.  Way over-ranked by the AP all year.  Glad they lost.

7 hours ago, Reality said:

Jesus, Purdue is such a fraud that nobody is even surprised. What a joke.

I put $5 on FDU and won $105.

Purdue has no depth and no true complement to Edey.  And Edey himself is one dimensional.  Watched all year here in Big 10 Country and knew they weren’t legit.

No Self again today.   Arkansas has a team full of NBA players so this is a game we probably lose. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

No Self again today.   Arkansas has a team full of NBA players so this is a game we probably lose. 

They played down the seriousness of his condition because they were worried about seeding. Focked up.

51 minutes ago, Reality said:

They played down the seriousness of his condition because they were worried about seeding. Focked up.

I think the team was being secretive to protect his privacy.   Not sure why anyone would think downplaying his availability to coach would hurt their chance at the no. 1 overall. 

Really don't care much for dook

I can't be the only person here that gets great joy when a Kansas team loses, cause @cmh6476 can be an insufferable bastard. 

:overhead: 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

I can't be the only person here that gets great joy when a Kansas team loses, cause @cmh6476 can be an insufferable bastard. 

You aren’t…

SOOIE!!!!

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

I came here to start a signup sheet for the Toofy suicide watch.  :D 

Been some very bad officiating in this tournament.

Can't be a national champion every year.   But I've already got my season tickets for next year. 

56 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Been some very bad officiating in this tournament.

Agreed.  Not in terms of favoring a particular team, but just influencing the outcomes of a play when the call shouldnt.

15 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Penn State covered.

Yeah; I had Texas ML and my wife had PSU +8.5, I love it when both win like that.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah; I had Texas ML and my wife had PSU +8.5, I love it when both win like that.  :cheers: 

Awesome and I had PS + 5.5

Had a great time in Iowa, all things considered.   Always fun watching games this time of year and we ran into mitch Lightfoot, who took a photo with my son. Super nice dude.   And iowa is cold as sh1t, fock me. 

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

Had a great time in Iowa, all things considered.   Always fun watching games this time of year and we ran into mitch Lightfoot, who took a photo with my son. Super nice dude.   And iowa is cold as sh1t, fock me. 

About 4 years ago I went to Cedar Rapids on business; it was the coldest I've ever been in, and I spent the first 22 years of my life in the northeast.  In the -30s -- temp, not windchill.  I had no clothes for it living in Phoenix; luckily my friend is from Minny and let me borrow his winter jacket.

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Agreed.  Not in terms of favoring a particular team, but just influencing the outcomes of a play when the call shouldnt.

Bad calls, non-calls, phantom calls.  Nothing that seems like favoritism, just incompetence and pretty widespread.

9 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Bad calls, non-calls, phantom calls.  Nothing that seems like favoritism, just incompetence and pretty widespread.

That is probably why Kansas lost...  Self wasn't there to get all the calls go his way...

1 hour ago, posty said:

That is probably why Kansas lost...  Self wasn't there to get all the calls go his way...

I don't think Kansas loses with self on the bench, but not because of more calls going our way. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

because of more calls going our way. 

Take off the blinders...  You don't see it because they are going your way...

1 hour ago, posty said:

Take off the blinders...  You don't see it because they are going your way...

Just because huggy wins the first half but can't close out a game against us, isn't because the refs are trying to fock WVU ;)

12 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Just because huggy wins the first half but can't close out a game against us, isn't because the refs are trying to fock WVU ;)

It has nothing to do with WVU...  Like I said, try to watch a Kansas game and stay as neutral as you can, it will be there...

3 hours ago, Ron 'Tator Salad' White said:

Rock,

Choke,

Jayhawk

Is this supposed to upset me or something? We just finished 2 of the last 3 years as the top team in the country.   And in a year where ku's to what 5 of 7 scorers from a year ago depart they still finish atop the toughest conference in the nation and lose after their coach can't coach to a very talented Arkansas team who probably fields what, 3 or 4 NBA caliber players and who would have been a higher seed with a stronger record if one of their top players didn't miss a good portion of the season? Ok.

For what was a C+ season for KU, just about every other team would have been thrilled with this result.

We'll be right back to competing next year, where Bill can get back to his offense of two PGs on the floor at the same time with Dejuan and 4- star incoming freshman Elmarko Jackson coming in and enough experience for udeh and elijafor to play significantly more minutes as a true 5, allowing kj to play the 4 where he is better suited.   Not to mention we can probably get just about anyone we want off the transfer portal.   What better school or coach is there to play for right now?

But yeah, cool insult.

:mellow:

It's rough when your favorite professional football team and college basketball team are consistently expected to finish as well if not better than any of their competition.   Go Royals :banana:

Probably too soon to start next year's thread, so we'll just leave this here.

13 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Creighton Bluejays to the Sweet 16. :pointstosky:

another Big 12 team goes down.  

This is the first time in 30 years I didn't do even one bracket.  I completely forgot they started on Thursday.  Doesn't matter, I'd be out of it already.

Thankfully, Duke, NC, Kentucky, and Kansas are already out.

Big 10 teams should try to realize that it isn’t 1990.

I'm tied for 44th in my poll with only 24 people with better scores.  Out of 800. 

I have 34 points.  1st place has 37 points.

I feel like I'm doing terrible though, lost Marquette and Kansas from my final 4.

On 1/20/2023 at 9:29 AM, cmh6476 said:

I really like K-State's new coach, Tang.  If I knew him I'd hope he would let me call him by a nickname of Poon.  And my feelings wouldn't be hurt if some other school snatches him away from K-State.

This dude is good. 

Seemed like a poor effort to close it out by kstate there though

Great game by the K-State Wildcats!

KU wasn't getting by UCONN either. 

Four players entering the transfer portal along with Wilson, d1ck and mccullar all likely gone.  Going to be a ton of new faces next year.