Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

DJ, D Johnson, Pitts and Pickens dropped...Thoughts?

10 team non-PPR. Dionte Johnson, DJ Moore, Kyle Pitts (no TE required) and George Pickens were all just dropped. Have Rashod Bateman, Jakobi Myers and Drake London. Any moves to be made? How effective will Bateman be? Thinking Bateman for Johnson. Thoughts on Moore?

Yeah, Johnson is probly the pickup there--but I'd be tempted to drop Jakobi, who rarely finds the end zone, rather than Bateman, who has already shown big-game potential.  Johnson should give you better (not perfect) consistency, once the QB sitch gets sorted out.

I think it’s interesting that the Ravens just picked up D Jax. 

I would drop Bateman for DJ. 

Good luck. 

Dionte is the one to get and I’d drop Myers. He’s not much of a red zone guy — better for PPR, but even then, there’s a lot of guys vying for targets in NE

All about the same tier wise, to me it’s about what type of receiver you want. Ceiling, consistency, long term need vs short term need. If you’re good with 7-10 points but rarely above 14 it’s Meyers or Johnson. If you don’t need them right now, seeing if Moore Is traded to kc this week is intriguing and london and Bateman have the highest ceiling as things sit with the potential of being a difference maker down the stretch.

7 hours ago, Fearsome said:

10 team non-PPR. Dionte Johnson, DJ Moore, Kyle Pitts (no TE required) and George Pickens were all just dropped. Have Rashod Bateman, Jakobi Myers and Drake London. Any moves to be made? How effective will Bateman be? Thinking Bateman for Johnson. Thoughts on Moore?

dionte and pickens should both be rostered.  and I'm sure sometime soon they will be again.

neither of them is WR1 this year I'll give you that but they shouldnt be on the wire either.

6 hours ago, Ray_T said:

dionte and pickens should both be rostered.  and I'm sure sometime soon they will be again.

neither of them is WR1 this year I'll give you that but they shouldnt be on the wire either.

In a 10 re draft both are waiver wire material. This offense has a lot of mouths to feed and a small pie to share. They rank somewhere near wr 50 or 60, and I don’t see a lot changing this year. Saying you believe in these guys is saying you have some faith in Mitch or Pickett to take a step forward the back half of this year. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

In a 10 re draft both are waiver wire material. This offense has a lot of mouths to feed and a small pie to share. They rank somewhere near wr 50 or 60, and I don’t see a lot changing this year. Saying you believe in these guys is saying you have some faith in Mitch or Pickett to take a step forward the back half of this year. 

That offense generated some useful players last year with Ben Roethlisberger’s cadaver at the helm :dunno:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

That offense generated some useful players last year with Ben Roethlisberger’s cadaver at the helm :dunno:

He didn’t have the physical ability but he knew how to operate an offense. He had a quick read and release which is why Harris and Johnson produced. Pickett and Trubisky don’t do that.

54 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

ok in a 10 teamer I could see them being more on the fringe in some formats.

I normally assume 12 team leagues. my bad

1 hour ago, Serenity Now said:

He didn’t have the physical ability but he knew how to operate an offense. He had a quick read and release which is why Harris and Johnson produced. Pickett and Trubisky don’t do that.

Trubisky can't/won't, but I think Pickett will be able to, even as early as this season.

50 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Trubisky can't/won't, but I think Pickett will be able to, even as early as this season.

I don’t think it’ll happen this year, but it’s in the realm of being possible. My only point was that you have to believe that if you believe Johnson or Pickett becomes a fantasy asset this year.

I think a lot of people throw out a buy low but don’t have an answer to what’s going to change and improve a players situation. For these two, they’ll need to either start receiving elite of the elite number of targets, or the offense/qb has to take a fairly significant step forward. I don’t personally see that happening, but I won’t argue that this offense has potential to take significant steps forward as the year goes on.

• Like 1