Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

The "I drank the "let Russ cook in Denver" Kool-Aid support thread

Ugh..  Russell Wilson's (and, really, Jerry Jeudy's) play in week 6 FINALLY caused me to hit the waiver wire going into Week 7, to get a replacement QB.  Russ cost me a win in week 5 in my ESPN league (lost by 6, he scored NINE), and this past week in my $ league (lost by 7, he scored 16).  ESPN - I'm bidding for ATL QB M. Ryan, and $ league I'm bidding for Tua (someone dropped him for LAR QB M. Stafford!).

Looking back, in ESPN I drafted Russ in the 9th; Joe Burrow went 5 picks later.  In my $ league, I drafted Russ in the 7th; Dak Prescott went 2 picks later, and LVR QB D. Carr went 5 picks later.

What are other people doing with the QB on THE LOWEST SCORING TEAM IN THE NFL??

(FWIW: my QB2 in both leagues is Jameis Wintston.  So .. yeah, not a good year so far!)

• Like 1

Winston should be ok if he can stay healthy.  He's scoring about 3 ppg less than Goff/Geno, who are #6 and #8 in ppg.

I've had Jeudy in dynasty for going on 3 seasons. I'm a bit disappointed in him. I was hoping he would break out more this season.

He's had poor QB play and injury concerns his first two seasons, so I was hoping for more in year 3 with Russ.

I don't think Russ has helped much at all.

It's gonna be tough for me to keep him for year 4 if he doesn't improve quite a bit

Don’t worry, we all drink koolaid on bad players. For me, this year it was ARob. Moved on from him last week and I don’t focking care.

QB is a tough one at this point though. Things have kinda settled and the choices are pretty thin. I’d probably look into a trade, were it me.

I did. I just let him go to the waiver wire so he can cook for someone else.

I picked up Dak last week and will slide him right in. 

He was dropped last week in my league and on one has touched him. He will probably tear his latissimus dorsi if he keeps playing while it’s strained.

I have Sutton and I’m coping by betting the under on the Broncos players.

On 10/18/2022 at 9:06 PM, dpbuddha said:

I traded for Brady…and then he dropped a deuce this week. 

it gives me comfort that others are getting dumped on too.  Sorry.

Holy carp.. Really??  I finally decide I've had enough of R. Wilson (who was benched; he was lobbying to play), so I pick up IND QB M. Ryan (who I think already had three, 350+ yard passing days in 2022).  And THE NEXT WEEK, Ryan gets benched!  🤯

Back to the waiver wire, in my (thankfully, free) ESPN league..

Please post who you pick up at Qb next.  

I did to an extent.  Drafted Courtland Sutton thinking he'd be better with a "real" QB.  Not so.  I wouldn't sour too much on Bronco players just yet, especially WR's, their schedule the ROY looks pretty enticing with all bottom half of the league matchups for WR's.

Weepaws:  between two options right now. 1) I have Jameis.  If / when NO HC announces a starter, I *could* grab Dalton, if he is named; or (most likely) 2) I'll grab Heinicke off the WW.

11 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

Weepaws:  between two options right now. 1) I have Jameis.  If / when NO HC announces a starter, I *could* grab Dalton, if he is named; or (most likely) 2) I'll grab Heinicke off the WW.

I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, but with all the "expert" hype I assumed my own reservations were wrong. I didn't end up with Sutton but I would've drafted him... again based on "expert" hype.  Ugh... experts.

My low-brow feeling about Wilson was his entire career... he was never really a monster stat superstar.  He just won games, somehow. Seemed like he was always playing by the seat of his pants and just when ya thought the play was dead, he'd make a miracle happen. It was fun to watch and he was fun to root for. But from a fantasy football standpoint, I never trusted him.  I guess he's simply ran out of miracles.

:dunno: