Sign in to follow this  
pipeman

Trade advice

I’ve been offered Russell Wilson and Pollard for Derek Carr and Pacheco. I know, on the surface, that it seems like a no-brainer, especially since Carr is my backup starter with Hurts on bye. The reason I hesitate- Wilson may not even play, which would mean I’d have to drop Mattison to pick up a crap QB for this week. Since there’s no chance of getting Mattison back once he clears waivers, the trade would possibly end up being Wilson/Pollard for Carr/Pacheco/Mattison. Any thoughts? PPR redraft
Hurts/Carr, Henry/Chubb/Mitchell/Hilliard/Mattison/Pacheco, Hill/Sutton/G. Davis/Renfrow/Gallup, Everett/Dulcich

I would take it to get Pollard, you can drop Wilson. But Pollard over Pacheco is way to good to pass up.  

6 hours ago, pipeman said:

I’ve been offered Russell Wilson and Pollard for Derek Carr and Pacheco. I know, on the surface, that it seems like a no-brainer, especially since Carr is my backup starter with Hurts on bye. The reason I hesitate- Wilson may not even play, which would mean I’d have to drop Mattison to pick up a crap QB for this week. Since there’s no chance of getting Mattison back once he clears waivers, the trade would possibly end up being Wilson/Pollard for Carr/Pacheco/Mattison. Any thoughts? PPR redraft
Hurts/Carr, Henry/Chubb/Mitchell/Hilliard/Mattison/Pacheco, Hill/Sutton/G. Davis/Renfrow/Gallup, Everett/Dulcich

Right now Carr looks like the better QB.  whether this lasts the rest of the season or not remains to be seen.

but Pollard is better than Pacheco at this point in his young career..

that said is this a keeper/dynasty league?   or a redraft?

assuming redraft, I have to think the most important factor here is the bye which will force you to drop another player if you make the deal.   this makes the deal unworkable for you in my opinion.

Right now I'd say keep what you have. 

if you really like the deal you can ask the other guy if hes willing to make the same deal next week after the bye.  if you explain your situation, he may understand and be willing to wait. but I dont think this deal is THAT good.  I suppose it really depends on where you value each player and we dont know the scoring system or rules in your league.

13 hours ago, weepaws said:

I would take it to get Pollard, you can drop Wilson. But Pollard over Pacheco is way to good to pass up.  

Agreed. Given you'll be starting Hurts for the rest of the season after week 7, you don't need Carr or Wilson. Basically comes down to upgrading Pacheco to Pollard. No brainer IMO. And if Wilson doesn't play, just drop him and pick up a QB on waivers for this week only.

FYI I'd probably trade Carr and Pacheco for just Pollard anyway, given the upside.

22 hours ago, weepaws said:

I would do this.