Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Trade question

The league is start 1 qb and 5 flexs. It is a PPR league with one point for every 20 yards rushing and receiving along with 1/4 point per carry.

Who gets the best of this trade:

Waddle for Aaron Jones

Jones

• Like 1

He said PPR so assuming it’s also a point for every catch. 1pt per 20 yards. If Jones carried 12 times at 5 yards a carry, that would be 6 points (3 pts for yardage, 3 pts 12x0.25). Waddle would only need 4 catches for 40 to match that. Definitely favours more explosive plays 

58 minutes ago, show me the murray said:

He said PPR so assuming it’s also a point for every catch. 1pt per 20 yards. If Jones carried 12 times at 5 yards a carry, that would be 6 points (3 pts for yardage, 3 pts 12x0.25). Waddle would only need 4 catches for 40 to match that. Definitely favours more explosive plays 

I don’t understand your logic. You’re not comparing 2 things that show explosive plays are favored in this league. Explosive plays = more yardage yet your example is a RB getting 60 yards to a WR getting 40 yards.

Example that explosive plays are not favored compared to touches:

4 catches for 75 yards < 6 catches for 40 yards.

As for Waddle and Jones it’s close but I will favor a RB in the OP league settings. Normal league it’s hands down Waddle.

4 hours ago, Byrdman5 said:

I don’t understand your logic. You’re not comparing 2 things that show explosive plays are favored in this league. Explosive plays = more yardage yet your example is a RB getting 60 yards to a WR getting 40 yards.

Example that explosive plays are not favored compared to touches:

4 catches for 75 yards < 6 catches for 40 yards.

As for Waddle and Jones it’s close but I will favor a RB in the OP league settings. Normal league it’s hands down Waddle.

I may not have explained it well enough, apologies. I’m aware that the two scenarios have them scoring the same points and 4 for 40 is not explosive. Was just trying to show that in that example Jones has to go to a lot more effort to get as many points as Waddle, even if Waddle has a pedestrian (for his standards) 10 yards per catch. Typically Waddle is more explosive so I’d take the guy who has a better chance of hitting on a long play with these settings. 

Worth noting also that Jones is splitting carries so the 1/4 point per carry isn’t as much as an advantage as it could be. 

3 minutes ago, show me the murray said:

I may not have explained it well enough, apologies. I’m aware that the two scenarios have them scoring the same points and 4 for 40 is not explosive. Was just trying to show that in that example Jones has to go to a lot more effort to get as many points as Waddle, even if Waddle has a pedestrian (for his standards) 10 yards per catch. Typically Waddle is more explosive so I’d take the guy who has a better chance of hitting on a long play with these settings. 

Worth noting also that Jones is splitting carries so the 1/4 point per carry isn’t as much as an advantage as it could be. 

Honestly it’s even if you include Jones catches 3 for 20 average. That would put Waddle needing 6 for 80, which is right where he is averaging. 

My preference is having more consistency than banking on explosive plays.