Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Women who are denied abortions risk falling deeper into poverty. So do their kids.

What's wrong with this picture? Take your pick. Why does NPR feel the need to lump stupid women in with all women?

Unexpectedly got pregnant. Again.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/26/1100587366/banning-abortion-roe-economic-consequences

Like most women seeking an abortion, Brittany Mostiller already had children when she unexpectedly got pregnant again. "I had two young daughters both under the age of 5, sharing a two-bedroom apartment with my sister," she says.

She'd also just been laid off from her overnight job as a greeter for Greyhound buses. Her unemployment benefits were less than her wages there, and nearly all of them went toward rent and utilities. "I'm not even sure I had a cellphone at that time," she says. "If I did, it was certainly on and off," to save money.

Mostiller worried about finding another job while pregnant and then being able to take time off to care for a newborn. But mostly, she knew how expensive it was to have a baby, and she didn't want to sacrifice the well-being of her two children by having a third she simply could not afford.

As it turned out, she couldn't afford an abortion either. And in Illinois at that time 15 years ago, abortion was not covered by Medicaid.

If I had two kids and was barely making it, I would probably not have unprotected sex, if I had sex at all.  Sometimes your position in this world is because you are stupid, and being stupid makes life very hard. I have no obligation to bail people out from their stupidity.

I wish this retard had aborted the first two.  Sluts do not make good parents.  Her kids are likely only going to add harm to society.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

If I had two kids and was barely making it, I would probably not have unprotected sex, if I had sex at all.  Sometimes your position in this world is because you are stupid, and being stupid makes life very hard. I have no obligation to bail people out from their stupidity.

I wish this retard had aborted the first two.  Sluts do not make good parents.  Her kids are likely only going to add harm to society.

You guys do know that not allowing abortions to women (depending on the state) is going to increase the amount of kids who could do "harm to society" right?

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

You guys do know that not allowing abortions to women (depending on the state) is not going to decrease the amount of kids who could do "harm to society" right?

That is why I remain a steadfast supporter of abortion. It should be readily available, and I am even willing to consent to it being taxpayer-supported.

The cost of an abortion is going to be way less than a lifetime of trying to offset stupidity through social programs.  Think of how much better the world would be if people like Joy Reid, AOC or Kamal Harris had been aborted.

I will always support abortion for women. 

• Like 1

A shame they are giving money that could go to struggling Americans, to foreigners who have never paid into the system.   And the Democrats are 100% behind the focking over of unmarried women to further their agenda. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

That is why I remain a steadfast supporter of abortion. It should be readily available, and I am even willing to consent to it being taxpayer-supported.

The cost of an abortion is going to be way less than a lifetime of trying to offset stupidity through social programs.  Think of how much better the world would be if people like Joy Reid, AOC or Kamal Harris had been aborted.

I am in no way in support of taxpayer dollars going towards abortion unless there is an opt in clause that people can choose to contribute to or not.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

A shame they are giving money that could go to struggling Americans, to foreigners who have never paid into the system.   And the Democrats are 100% behind the focking over of unmarried women to further their agenda. 

Supporting foreign wars and having an open border makes Rusty happy though.

24 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You guys do know that not allowing abortions to women (depending on the state) is going to increase the amount of kids who could do "harm to society" right?

Unless it's rape, kill the parents along with the baby. 3 for 1 solution.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, craftsman said:

I am in no way in support of taxpayer dollars going towards abortion unless there is an opt in clause that people can choose to contribute to or not.

On this point we have to agree to disagree. I am in support of paying for abortions and I assure you that cost is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost that would have resulted from some slut raising a child to become equally as stupid. JMHO

• Like 1

Men wrapped up in the abortion issue amuse me. I get why politicians do it, but everyone else? A real man would never want his offspring ended. 

In view of the large families of the Slav native population, it could only suit us if girls and women there had as many abortions as possible. We are not interested in seeing the non-German population multiply…We must use every means to instill in the population the idea that it is harmful to have several children, the expenses that they cause and the dangerous effect on woman's health… It will be necessary to open special institutions for abortions and doctors must be able to help out there in case there is any question of this being a breach of their professional ethics." - Adolf Hitler 1942

After World War II, the War Crimes Tribunal indicted ten Nazi leaders for "encouraging and compelling abortion," which the tribunal considered a "crime against humanity."

• Thanks 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/stacey-abramss-closing-argument-weather-inflation-by-aborting-all-your-children/ar-AA13bySg

Stacey Abrams's closing argument: Weather inflation by aborting all your children

While abortion is an issue, I would assume it nowhere reaches the level of interest for voters of the cost of gas, food, bread, milk, things like that," Mike Barnicle on MSNBC said to Abrams. "What could you do as governor to alleviate the concerns of Georgia voters about those livability daily, hourly issues that they’re confronted with?” 

Abrams went back to abortion, though. “Let’s be clear, having children is why you’re worried about your price for gas. It’s why you’re worried about how much food costs. For women, this is not a reductive issue. You can’t divorce being forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy from the economic realities of having a child.”

22 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Unless it's rape, kill the parents along with the baby. 3 for 1 solution.

Sounds like a take I’ve heard before

On 5/5/2022 at 2:00 PM, Utilit99 said:

Well, my personal take is to kill the mother if they kill their kid. And make that mandatory with few exceptions. Rape, etc...

Her body her choice. :dunno:

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Sounds like a take I’ve heard before

Yeah I'vd heard it from others too. Great post peanut.

41 minutes ago, craftsman said:

There already is an opt-in clause. It's called charity. If you want to donate to Planned Parenthood, knock yourself out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

There already is an opt-in clause. It's called charity. If you want to donate to Planned Parenthood, knock yourself out.

I think it's like 50% of women who had an abortion have had multiple abortions. 

So basically it's just really expensive birth control. 

4 minutes ago, craftsman said:

I think it's like 50% of women who had an abortion have had multiple abortions. 

So basically it's just really expensive birth control. 

Pretty much. There are exceptions of course, which are the basis of the lefts argument. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Pretty much. There are exceptions of course, which are the basis of the lefts argument. 

I don't think there's a person in the country who would not be in favor of supporting abortion for rape victims or those with life threatening conditions. 

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

She can pay for it herself.

14 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/23-year-old-brags-about-having-three-abortions-but-accidentally-admits-it-k/

23-year-old brags about having three abortions, but accidentally admits it killed her babies

The 'Shout Your Abortion' campaign is showing the abortion movement's extremism.

What a skank. They should have given her a hysterectomy while they were at it. 

I am for aborting all unlicensed conceptions.  To obtain said conception license one must have an I.Q. which is AT LEAST average, must have at a minimum a H.S degree, no GED's (keeps kids in highschool) and be gainfully employed for three straight years immediately preceding conception in a job which pays the median income for a person of that age in that locality, or married three years to a person who fulfills the income requirements. 

I am tired of idiots and the unemployed outbreeding the intelligent and responsible.  Eugenics, classism, racism, abelism, yes.  Its also called survival of the fittest.  We have subsidized indolence and mediocracy for far too long.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, RLLD said:

On this point we have to agree to disagree. I am in support of paying for abortions and I assure you that cost is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost that would have resulted from some slut raising a child to become equally as stupid. JMHO

Abortions are no different than any random "elective" medical procedure.  If you want a boob job, the government doesn't pay for it.  If you want an ACL repaired, the government doesn't pay for it.  Your body, your choice, your money... for every example.  Ideally, making abortion a political football is what's causing the issue.  The best solution is the easiest solution, but neither side wants that.  Democrats need women to be victims "of the man" and Republican's want to grand stand of religious morality.  The simple fact is, if abortions weren't involved at all on the political spectrum and treated like any other elective medical procedure, then the problem completely goes away.  But, when they make it political/legal issue, everything goes awry.  While it's in this situation, the way to handle it is the way it should be... states rights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

THIS👆

People wonder why our society has become so desensitized.....it's because we've trained people that way & taken the burden of responsibility off them. If I get knocked up.....I'll just scrape it! A responsible society would require men & women to practice safe sex or suffer the consequences. Abortion should be limited to a certain number of circumstances. 

4 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

THIS👆

People wonder why our society has become so desensitized.....it's because we've trained people that way & taken the burden of responsibility off them. If I get knocked up.....I'll just scrape it! A responsible society would require men & women to practice safe sex or suffer the consequences. Abortion should be limited to a certain number of circumstances. 

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Mooney lived 5 miles from a condom store. Do you expect him to go all that way to get them? If he did he might see Newbie fingerbanging a skank in a house under construction. 

19 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Abortions are no different than any random "elective" medical procedure.  If you want a boob job, the government doesn't pay for it.  If you want an ACL repaired, the government doesn't pay for it.  Your body, your choice, your money... for every example.  Ideally, making abortion a political football is what's causing the issue.  The best solution is the easiest solution, but neither side wants that.  Democrats need women to be victims "of the man" and Republican's want to grand stand of religious morality.  The simple fact is, if abortions weren't involved at all on the political spectrum and treated like any other elective medical procedure, then the problem completely goes away.  But, when they make it political/legal issue, everything goes awry.  While it's in this situation, the way to handle it is the way it should be... states rights.

I am not interested in discounting your points on this.  But I will note that in terms of "procedure" I assign a value to doing it VS not doing it, which i think sets it apart.  I see a cost in not allowing abortions and financial/societal benefit to supporting it. 

I freely admit that what I am stating is advocating for what is more or less murder, and I have reconciled with that. 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I am not interested in discounting your points on this.  But I will note that in terms of "procedure" I assign a value to doing it VS not doing it, which i think sets it apart.  I see a cost in not allowing abortions and financial/societal benefit to supporting it. 

I freely admit that what I am stating is advocating for what is more or less murder, and I have reconciled with that. 

The thing is, if they were viewed as an elective medical procedure, insurance companies would at the very least pick up a portion of the cost and relegating it to a lower cost to the woman wanting to have the abortion.

Lies. I've heard having a 3rd child when you already have 2 is not that much more cost wise to support.

13 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The thing is, if they were viewed as an elective medical procedure, insurance companies would at the very least pick up a portion of the cost and relegating it to a lower cost to the woman wanting to have the abortion.

Everything about getting pregnant is elective (obviously minus rape). I don't understand how it's not viewed as an elective medical procedure. 

RLLD is making a moral exception on this. He is saying that getting rid of unwanted babies is a cost worth paying in the big picture. Rather than finding ways to put it on the stupid people who can't in any way seem to be responsible in life, it's just better to say, go ahead, we don't want your kid either, especially with you raising it. 

What I think is there needs to be consequences to these people who would be using tax payer dollars for this. At the very least, the parents need to be snipped of their ability to procreate if they are taking hand outs to fund their over the top birth control. I half joke about killing the parents along with the  baby, but in reality, they seriously need to at least be spayed and neutered like cats and dogs if they want an abortion. That would be the least I would concede. 

50+% are repeat customers. 

7 hours ago, RLLD said:

This x1000.

A taxpayer subsidized abortion vs the amount of taxpayer money spent on a potential future welfare baby mamma pumping out more future welfare baby mammas?  No brainer which is cheaper to John Q. Taxpayer in East Bumfock, Middle America. 

Not to mention the crime resulting from kids being raised "poor" in single mom households. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, craftsman said:

What's wrong with this picture? Take your pick. Why does NPR feel the need to lump stupid women in with all women?

Unexpectedly got pregnant. Again.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/26/1100587366/banning-abortion-roe-economic-consequences

Like most women seeking an abortion, Brittany Mostiller already had children when she unexpectedly got pregnant again. "I had two young daughters both under the age of 5, sharing a two-bedroom apartment with my sister," she says.

She'd also just been laid off from her overnight job as a greeter for Greyhound buses. Her unemployment benefits were less than her wages there, and nearly all of them went toward rent and utilities. "I'm not even sure I had a cellphone at that time," she says. "If I did, it was certainly on and off," to save money.

Mostiller worried about finding another job while pregnant and then being able to take time off to care for a newborn. But mostly, she knew how expensive it was to have a baby, and she didn't want to sacrifice the well-being of her two children by having a third she simply could not afford.

As it turned out, she couldn't afford an abortion either. And in Illinois at that time 15 years ago, abortion was not covered by Medicaid.

THEN DON'T HAVE F'N KIDS!!!  WTF IS SO HARD FOR NPR TO UNDERSTAND?

Why is it always a sob story for irresponsible women?  Why don't women get held accountable for their actions?

4 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

THEN DON'T HAVE F'N KIDS!!!  WTF IS SO HARD FOR NPR TO UNDERSTAND?

Why is it always a sob story for irresponsible women?  Why don't women get held accountable for their actions?

Silly rabbit!   Because that is a prime example of the rampant systemic patriarchal white supremacy that pervades our society.  :mad:

(Just like every other "crisis" that could be solved with a shred of personal responsibility.)

• Like 2

It seems every time the media tries this they fail.  Unexpectedly pregnant?  Oh come on. NO ONE, even abortion proponents, are buying this.  You made a choice to screw him without a condom.  You made a choice to let him nut in you.   Actions have consequences.  Stop trying to make me feel something for you when you can't make rational decisions about your life.  If your entire sob story was true,  and it was that horrible, then why did you ignore all that for a night of sex?   Seriously...that's just stupid.

This is the best quote from the article:

But mostly, she knew how expensive it was to have a baby, and she didn't want to sacrifice the well-being of her two children by having a third she simply could not afford.

Instead of,  But mostly, she knew how expensive it was to have a baby, and she didn't want to sacrifice the well-being of her two children by having a third she simply could not afford. unprotected sex.

So she knew she was going to have a baby, not a zygote , and ended it.  

22 hours ago, RLLD said:

I am against taxpayer funded abortion but if it comes to that I think we should throw in a complimentary hysterectomy for dumb sluts like the one in the OP. 

If you're too stupid, after already having two kids, to prevent an unwanted third pregnancy, you're too stupid to be in charge of a reproductive system. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I am against taxpayer funded abortion but if it comes to that I think we should throw in a complimentary hysterectomy for dumb sluts like the one in the OP. 

If you're too stupid, after already having two kids, to prevent an unwanted third pregnancy, you're too stupid to be in charge of a reproductive system. 

Should be mandatory. It's not like only 5% of women get more than one abortion. We are talking 50%. No more of that. 

I'm with RLLD on this. The taxpayers will pay a lot later and society will be in worse shape for it. 👍

I have to have an abortion because I can’t afford a child so I’m going to end it so it doesn’t become a child. But it’s really just a zygote. Ooooooh k! The twisting these people have to do. Who’s brainwashed again? Again, I DGAF if you want to have an abortion. Just be honest about what you’re actually doing. Maybe you’ll put a condom on next time and won’t have a need to get an abortion. It is your body after all.