Sign in to follow this  
rotisserieking

DJ Moore - droppable?

I am disgusted with myself for drafting DJ Moore over AJ Brown. Just packaged Thielen, Brian Robinson, and Tampa Bay to get get Brown to help my WR situation.

At this point in the season Moore looks droppable in a horrible offense with even worse QBs. He's getting 7 targets a game but those lead to only 3 catches due to QB inaccuracy. I'm thinking of dropping him for a speculative add of OBJ. 

Is anyone sticking with Moore? Can he recover and be a WR2 instead of a WR4?

It’s hard to see what is going to change there in Carolina this season, that would have a positive effect on Moore. I suppose you could hope Darnold gets the starting job and that results in improvement to the offense or Moore specifically.

But even best case scenario, I doubt he gets to WR2 status. Best you can probably hope for ROS is high end WR3 and that requires a glass half full outlook.

He’s been a popular name in trade rumor circles, not sure if there’s anything to that or if it’s just hopeful speculation, but that’s his only way to relevance.

I've heard the Packers and chiefs are looking at Moore... Chiefs made cap room, and everyone is assuming ODB, but you never know. Both would be prime landing spots.

Congrats OP on the deal for Brown. 

1 hour ago, rallo said:

Chiefs made cap room, and everyone is assuming ODB, but you never know.

I really doubt if the Chiefs are looking to sign a team rapper.

Prior to the season, the Panthers signed Moore signed a 3-year $62 mil deal. His cap hit next year is $25 mil. Gonna be tough to trade him without eating a lot of that money, so I'd be surprised if he's traded.

55 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I really doubt if the Chiefs are looking to sign a team rapper.

God made Dirt, and Dirt bust yo a$$

hold DjMoore unless you're in a very shallow league and there are solid options to pick up. He has never not finished as a WR2. Maybe that won't happen this year, but it's still possible that as the top WR on his team with Anderson now gone that he has a bounce back second half that is as good or better than 80% of the waiver wire guys out there. 

If I had him and I wanted out, I'd wait for him to have a decent 10+ fantasy point game and then try to trade him. But I wouldn't drop him. He'd get picked up immediately.  

51 minutes ago, bfros said:

hold DjMoore unless you're in a very shallow league and there are solid options to pick up. He has never not finished as a WR2. Maybe that won't happen this year, but it's still possible that as the top WR on his team with Anderson now gone that he has a bounce back second half that is as good or better than 80% of the waiver wire guys out there. 

If I had him and I wanted out, I'd wait for him to have a decent 10+ fantasy point game and then try to trade him. But I wouldn't drop him. He'd get picked up immediately.  

Agreed 

8 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

He’d be a Trojan horse on the waivers. Someone thinking they were given a gift, only for him to destroy a team from within.

I'm thinking the same thing. He's unstartable now, so whoever picks him up would wait until he has a good game... which could take 1-3+ weeks, then they start him the following week, at which point he'd be a total dart throw. And if he sucks... back to the bench and wait for another good game.

That's a lot of roster clogging for a dart throw.

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

I'm thinking the same thing. He's unstartable now, so whoever picks him up would wait until he has a good game... which could take 1-3+ weeks, then they start him the following week, at which point he'd be a total dart throw. And if he sucks... back to the bench and wait for another good game.

That's a lot of roster clogging for a dart throw.

If Darnell starts....he's gold.

I don't think anybody is worthy of a roster spot that's on the Panthers.

CMC of course is the one exception, for now at least before he's traded or injured

25 minutes ago, polecatt said:

CMC of course is the one exception, for now at least before he's traded or injured

The Panthers have the bye week 8. The trade dead-line is the following Tuesday.

If the Panthers are serious about trading McCaff, do they really want to play him this week and risk injury?  What's the point? They have no shot at playoffs, they're hoping for the #1 pick, and need a healthy McCaff to trade. Maybe they'll use him sparingly?  :dunno:

No way I'd drop him until I see how the Anderson departure pans out.  I'm similarly inclined to not trade him, but that depends on what you get in return of course.  Hard to believe you'd get anything but pennies on the dollar tho.

I like what was already said above, hold Moore until he has a good game then trade him. 

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

The Panthers have the bye week 8. The trade dead-line is the following Tuesday.

If the Panthers are serious about trading McCaff, do they really want to play him this week and risk injury?  What's the point? They have no shot at playoffs, they're hoping for the #1 pick, and need a healthy McCaff to trade. Maybe they'll use him sparingly?  :dunno:

I doubt they've given up just yet, but who knows?

Unless they're really close to a deal I would expect him to play as normal

He got dropped this week in our league, cleared, waivers, and nobody picked him up. 

I’m pretty deep at running back so I might drop foreman for him. I mean they have to have somebody to throw the ball to and he’s getting a ton of target.

2 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

He got dropped this week in our league, cleared, waivers, and nobody picked him up. 

I’m pretty deep at running back so I might drop foreman for him. I mean they have to have somebody to throw the ball to and he’s getting a ton of target.

I was thinking along these lines.  Anderson & CMC accounted for 40% of the team targets (11.6 targets per week).  Those targets have to go to someone.

I would pick up Moore.  

3 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

I might drop foreman for him. 

Exact conundrum I'm in now. But then I looked at the schedule and it's BRUTAL for the Panthers in relation to rushing defenses. So a split backfield (maybe, probably) against stout run Ds and I think I'm staying away. Neither of those guys are half as good as CMC. Praying for a bunch of dump offs to Moore but planning on stat lines like 10 targets, 6 catches, 35 yards. Yippee

He was pretty good with Darnold last year. With CMC and Anderson gone I think it’s reasonable to expect he might do about those numbers again

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

He was pretty good with Darnold last year. With CMC and Anderson gone I think it’s reasonable to expect he might do about those numbers again

Who is the garbage time star? That’s the one you want 

4 hours ago, skinsrule05 said:

I was thinking along these lines.  Anderson & CMC accounted for 40% of the team targets (11.6 targets per week).  Those targets have to go to someone.

Probably to their replacements.

• Thanks 1