Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Hubbard or Foreman?

Foreman. He looked good running behind Henry last year and Carolina got him to be the early downs guy. But it will be a split. Negative game script, inept offense, and no significant talent from either Foreman or Hubbard will make both at best a flex in bigger leagues. 

Just rolled the dice on Hubbard in 3 out of 5 leagues where he was available and it basically didn't cost me anything to snatch him up (Corey Davis, Rex Burkhead and Gus Edwards on IR, respectively).  The fourth league I have Henry and Taylor, and can only start 2 RBs, with Walker, Etienne and DHarris on the bench and Edwards and Eli Mitchell on IR--so I'd probly never use him and who would I drop for him, anyway?  The fifth league, in which I probly could have used him the most (since we can start up to 5 RBs in that run-centric league), neither he nor Foreman were available anyway.

Foreman averaging 3.1/carry with limited work. Hubbard averaging 5.7 based on 6 carries for the year. Meh on both of them.

What a mess. 

How bad will they be without McCaffrey ?

• Passing Yards
    190.2 PYPG
  • Rushing Yards
    90.3 RYPG
  • Total Yards Per Game
    280.5 YPG

Rushing

Player
G
Rush
Yds
Y/G
Avg
Long
TD
Fum
FL
6 85 393 65.5 4.6 49 2 0 0
5 14 40 8.0 2.9 17 1 6 1
6 5 39 6.5 7.8 11 0 0 0
6 12 37 6.2 3.1 8 0 0 0
6 6 34 5.7 5.7 14 0 0 0
2 1 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0
2 1 -1 -0.5 -1.0 -1 0 0 0

i wouldn’t bother. 

Foreman is already taken. I got a claim in on both Chubba and Blackshear. Doubt I'll get either but if I do that's pretty much the kiss of death for their season.

1 hour ago, Super Cubs said:

Foreman is already taken. I got a claim in on both Chubba and Blackshear. Doubt I'll get either but if I do that's pretty much the kiss of death for their season.

You b@stard!

You better land Hubba Bubba Chubba

• Haha 1

I had Chubba last season when CMC was out.

I wouldn't go out of my way to pick him up again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Just rolled the dice on Hubbard in 3 out of 5 leagues where he was available and it basically didn't cost me anything to snatch him up (Corey Davis, Rex Burkhead and Gus Edwards on IR, respectively).  The fourth league I have Henry and Taylor, and can only start 2 RBs, with Walker, Etienne and DHarris on the bench and Edwards and Eli Mitchell on IR--so I'd probly never use him and who would I drop for him, anyway?  The fifth league, in which I probly could have used him the most (since we can start up to 5 RBs in that run-centric league), neither he nor Foreman were available anyway.

In general and in your humble opinion, is Edwards worth a stash? Your actions seem to say "yes".

21 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

In general and in your humble opinion, is Edwards worth a stash? Your actions seem to say "yes".

As with most questions like this, the answer is relative, depending on what your other options are.  Edwards isn't likely to be a league-winner or anything, but with Dobbins in and out of the lineup, he's probably a flex or bye week option, with the potential for a few starter-quality games when Dobbins can't go.  It was a close call dropping Edwards for Chuba in one league, when I'd held Edwards all year as an IR stash, but I see them as being about equal at this point.

• Thanks 1

Stay away, horrible offense, and no one should trust that RBBC.  

I think Chubba is the most likely to pan out as an RB3/flex, especially in PPR.

Foreman would be good, particularly in non-PPR, if the Panthers offense were decent. But it’s not. So not many scoring opportunities and always playing from behind - does not favor the early down runner.

6 hours ago, gridirongoofs said:

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

As with most questions like this, the answer is relative, depending on what your other options are.  Edwards isn't likely to be a league-winner or anything, but with Dobbins in and out of the lineup, he's probably a flex or bye week option, with the potential for a few starter-quality games when Dobbins can't go.  It was a close call dropping Edwards for Chuba in one league, when I'd held Edwards all year as an IR stash, but I see them as being about equal at this point.

Let me rephrase that--yes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Let me rephrase that--yes.

😂

I'm guessing you aren't a believer in Drake? 

2 hours ago, gridirongoofs said:

😂

I'm guessing you aren't a believer in Drake? 

I believe he exists, yes.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I believe he exists, yes.

Worthy of a roster spot on a fantasy football team? More so than Edwards?

1 hour ago, gridirongoofs said:

Worthy of a roster spot on a fantasy football team? More so than Edwards?

With Dobbins out, Edwards--when healthy--becomes the RB1.  Drake and Hill pick up the scraps.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

With Dobbins out, Edwards--when healthy--becomes the RB1.  Drake and Hill pick up the scraps.

Thanks. 

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Not sure this is true with Drake’s performance last week. Granted, he’s struggled to stick with a team throughout his career, but he has produced—and very well, at times—and now it seems he might be a good fit in Baltimore’s offense. Would not be surprised if he supplants Edwards

• Like 1

I don’t think there is a rb that’s a good fit in the Ravens system. 

On 10/21/2022 at 9:04 AM, polecatt said:

I had Chubba last season when CMC was out.

I wouldn't go out of my way to pick him up again

Same.

Read an article this off-season that basically said if the back-up sucks, don't bother drafting the handcuff. Ya end up wasting a late draft pick, they clog the roster all year, and if/when they finally play they don't do anything. Completely told the story of me with McCaff and Hubbard last year.  Hubbard sucks.

41 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Same.

Read an article this off-season that basically said if the back-up sucks, don't bother drafting the handcuff. Ya end up wasting a late draft pick, they clog the roster all year, and if/when they finally play they don't do anything. Completely told the story of me with McCaff and Hubbard last year.  Hubbard sucks.

Agreed. I don’t think either RB will be very good for fantasy tomorrow vs TB, but rest of the season Foreman is the guy to have. I think overall he’ll provide low end RB2 to RB3 production, mainly bc CAR’s offense is so putrid.  

Both are fantasy relevant apparently

TampaBay Sucks can't believe i started this defense 

Hard to believe that the Panthers would be better without Mccaffery 

On 10/21/2022 at 11:30 PM, AxeElf said:

Nice call. 

On 10/21/2022 at 10:30 PM, AxeElf said:

Yup, you were right :first:

On 10/22/2022 at 1:30 AM, AxeElf said:

Had Edwards in my ir slot since day 1....Dobbins owner dropped him & now he sits in my ir slot....just in case.

Don’t think Dobbins returns this season. 

On 10/20/2022 at 9:46 PM, jrbdmb said:

Foreman averaging 3.1/carry with limited work. Hubbard averaging 5.7 based on 6 carries for the year. Meh on both of them.

haha they loved him so much they have given him only 6 carries on the year.

Yikes.

I think Donta is your guy.   hes unspectacular, but he is at least playing and getting significant snaps.   Though you may want to look at options on other teams. its pretty barren here.  Chubba Hubbard only has a cool name.  thats as good as it gets for him as he can barely get onto the field so far this year.   I'm sure he will see the field a bit more now but I cant think he will do anything significant.

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I think Donta is your guy.   hes unspectacular, but he is at least playing and getting significant snaps.   Though you may want to look at options on other teams. its pretty barren here.  Chubba Hubbard only has a cool name.  thats as good as it gets for him as he can barely get onto the field so far this year.   I'm sure he will see the field a bit more now but I cant think he will do anything significant.

It looks to me like Chuba was more McCaffrey's direct backup--the guy who can do the things that McCaffrey can do when McCaffrey can't do them--so obviously he's not going to get on the field as much when McCaffrey is healthy.  Foreman will get his grunt work either way.

Chuba is the one you want in PPR leagues, while Foreman may have an edge for standard scoring leagues.

I'm basing more on what I saw from both Foreman and Chuba last year when they both had substantial playing time.  Foreman appears to be the more dynamic, athletic and effective back IMO from what I saw if I were to compare the 2.