Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Don't spite drop or trade your SF RBs yet

I definitely wouldn't spite drop Wilson or Mitchell and I'd be careful not to trade them for nothing just yet. At worst they become a CMC handcuff (not awful). At best they are traded before the deadline to a team that needs a RB, like the Rams. Hold tight. 

• Like 1

On the flip side, trading CMAC should be a priority. It's hard to be successful, not knowing the system, all the whilst being in a 4 or 5-headed RB monster. Shanahans are known RB killers. Ask old Ratface.

11 minutes ago, LaChup said:

Shanahans are known RB killers.

Even Shanahan can't kill CMC.

(But he can injure him.)

43 minutes ago, bfros said:

I definitely wouldn't spite drop Wilson or Mitchell and I'd be careful not to trade them for nothing just yet. At worst they become a CMC handcuff (not awful). At best they are traded before the deadline to a team that needs a RB, like the Rams. Hold tight. 

They won't trade with the Rams - don't want to make their road to the playoffs harder.

FF owners who have Mitchel on their IR slot have a tough situation, I know in the leagues I’ve been in with a IR slot, once the player returns you have to remove that player from your IR slot.  

It will be tough to trade Mitchell before Nov 1 deadline cause he's injured. Teams will avoid the risk. And hard for 49ers to trade Wilson unless they feel competent TDP and Coleman can be backups. None of them make all that much money, so there isn't a huge sense of urgency. 

The Shanahans have.a long history of hogging and ruining RBs. They would be better off changing their last name to Shenanigans.

8 hours ago, bfros said:

Yeah, they're handcuffs, but nothing more.  You bench who you have and wait for McCaffrey to get hurt... not only has he been getting hurt, 49er RB's always get hurt, so it's just a matter of time.  Well, I would be ok with dropping Wilson though, because now you need 2 guys to get hurt.  That roster spot is probably worth more than Wilson is.  I have Wilson in one league and as soon as Mitchell is cleared, Wilson will be my 'first one to drop' if I need to get someone from the waiver wire.

It's not like they were great without CMC. Deebo is 2nd on the team in rushing yards and scores.

I don't see how this is anything but a major blow to their value

Highly doubt anyone is trading for scrubs, especially an injured one. Handcuff, maybe, but the rest is a pipe dream ✌🏻 

8 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, they're handcuffs, but nothing more.  You bench who you have and wait for McCaffrey to get hurt... not only has he been getting hurt, 49er RB's always get hurt, so it's just a matter of time.  Well, I would be ok with dropping Wilson though, because now you need 2 guys to get hurt.  That roster spot is probably worth more than Wilson is.  I have Wilson in one league and as soon as Mitchell is cleared, Wilson will be my 'first one to drop' if I need to get someone from the waiver wire.

I wouldn't drop Wilson just because Mitchell is cleared to play. Mitchell could easily re-injure and be out again. 

Sincerely, JK Dobbins 

• Haha 1

I could see a 3 headed monster this week. Coleman might get some snaps. I’ll start Wilson and then next week see if I can flip him to cmac owner

9 minutes ago, DrG said:

I could see a 3 headed monster this week. Coleman might get some snaps. I’ll start Wilson and then next week see if I can flip him to cmac owner

Why didn't you pick up Hubbard at the beginning of the season and try to flip him to the CMac owner?

19 hours ago, LaChup said:

On the flip side, trading CMAC should be a priority. It's hard to be successful, not knowing the system, all the whilst being in a 4 or 5-headed RB monster. Shanahans are known RB killers. Ask old Ratface.

You think CMC is going to have trouble learning the system? the 49ers traded for him. If anything, Shanahan will make the system work for CMC. 

4 or 5 headed RB monster? the 49ers go through RBs like crazy, yes, but a lot of that is them getting injured. What would make us predict a 4 or 5 headed RB monster after trading for CMC?

11 hours ago, bfros said:

It will be tough to trade Mitchell before Nov 1 deadline cause he's injured. Teams will avoid the risk. And hard for 49ers to trade Wilson unless they feel competent TDP and Coleman can be backups. None of them make all that much money, so there isn't a huge sense of urgency. 

Considering TDP and Coleman were the backups for Wilson, without CMC on the roster, I'm not sure why it would be hard for them to trade Wilson now, from the "we need a backup" standpoint. I think what makes it hard to trade Wilson is finding someone who cares enough to be a trade partner. It's not easy to trade a RB who IS a game changer, let alone Jeff Wilson. 

16 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Why didn't you pick up Hubbard at the beginning of the season and try to flip him to the CMac owner?

no competent CMC owner was giving up anything of value for Hubbard. 

• Like 1

Here is the 6 headed RB monster that started the season......Lance, Mitchell, Wilson, Coleman, TDP, Deebo. Throw in a couple injuries and that makes it at least a 3-4 headed monster moving forward.

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

no competent CMC owner was giving up anything of value for Hubbard. 

That was kind of my point about you trying to get something for Wilson from the CMC owner now--no competent CMC owner is going to give up anything of value for his team's 3rd RB.

1 hour ago, LaChup said:

Here is the 6 headed RB monster that started the season......Lance, Mitchell, Wilson, Coleman, TDP, Deebo. Throw in a couple injuries and that makes it at least a 3-4 headed monster moving forward.

Coleman was not on the 49ers to start the season 

hth 

Shenanigan was dreaming of him though. He had a 6-headed monster in his mind the whole time. Ratface daddy told him the winning recipe. 

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Ha! Because my 23 player roster already had Wilson and he’s been productive. No I don’t think I’ll be able to trade him for Lamar Jackson. But deep bench league where the so called handcuff makes sense means there will be some interest. This is also a league where u can trade a player for Faab 

1 hour ago, DrG said:

But deep bench league where the so called handcuff makes sense means there will be some interest.

Except Wilson isn't CMC's handcuff--Mitchell is.  Wilson will be the team's RB3, with approximately as much trade value as the Panthers' RB3 had to begin the season.

Starting with week 2, after Eli Mitchell’s injury:

Jeff Wilson - 72 attempts 

Tevin Coleman - 12 attempts 

Davis-Price - 0 attempts since week 2

Juszczyk- 3 attempts

Deebo - 15 attempts 

hell of a 6 headed monster 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Except Wilson isn't CMC's handcuff--Mitchell is.  Wilson will be the team's RB3, with approximately as much trade value as the Panthers' RB3 had to begin the season.

Eventually so moss the time to peddle

7 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Starting with week 2, after Eli Mitchell’s injury:

Jeff Wilson - 72 attempts 

Tevin Coleman - 12 attempts 

Davis-Price - 0 attempts since week 2

Juszczyk- 3 attempts

Deebo - 15 attempts 

hell of a 6 headed monster 😂 

Thank you! I forgot about Juszcyk. Make that thing a seven headed beast.👩‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👧

Yep...another Mitchell owner here...sitting in IR spot in hopes he would be productive upon return.  Now I'm torn whether to hold onto him or drop him for Drake or Foreman before someone else grabs them and hopes they produce in their new situations.

Now to remove Mitchell from the IR slot do you need to first drop someone?