Sign in to follow this  
Sean Mooney

Kinetic Faith Political Group

This is the new battle that is coming soon in schools. The local school board already has a member of the school board who is in a roundabout way endorsing it and they have 2 women in the community who are already taking the mantle of it all by continuing forward with the usual bug-a-boo terms:

https://kineticfaith.org/

Essentially- this is a group that wants to eliminate "leftist indoctrination" and replace it with "Christian indoctrination." It is Christian Dominionism masquerading as political ideology. Everything is wrong in the world and the only thing we need is a turn back to God and Judeo-Christian values and we will be good. 

Now I know what people here (and I know which people specifically) will say "You are a teacher so of course you want to keep leftist stuff," to which I'd say "No." I have no problem explaining to a parent why something is in the curriculum when a problem arises. I've had conversations with parents about these issues and have replaced things where needed on a case-by-case basis. As a Christian the idea of this group bothers me. Because I think religion is a personal journey that we go on along with family and the people we meet, and invite, along the way. However, just because I am a Christian and believe what I believe does not mean it is the only way, nor that it should be shoved in people's faces. I can imagine too that if people are against indoctrination from the left- they would have to be against indoctrination coming from a group that would primarily be right as well. 

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No religion or politics in school. 

It’s 2022. You are half right.

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No religion or politics in school. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

This is the new battle that is coming soon in schools. The local school board already has a member of the school board who is in a roundabout way endorsing it and they have 2 women in the community who are already taking the mantle of it all by continuing forward with the usual bug-a-boo terms:

https://kineticfaith.org/

Essentially- this is a group that wants to eliminate "leftist indoctrination" and replace it with "Christian indoctrination." It is Christian Dominionism masquerading as political ideology. Everything is wrong in the world and the only thing we need is a turn back to God and Judeo-Christian values and we will be good. 

Now I know what people here (and I know which people specifically) will say "You are a teacher so of course you want to keep leftist stuff," to which I'd say "No." I have no problem explaining to a parent why something is in the curriculum when a problem arises. I've had conversations with parents about these issues and have replaced things where needed on a case-by-case basis. As a Christian the idea of this group bothers me. Because I think religion is a personal journey that we go on along with family and the people we meet, and invite, along the way. However, just because I am a Christian and believe what I believe does not mean it is the only way, nor that it should be shoved in people's faces. I can imagine too that if people are against indoctrination from the left- they would have to be against indoctrination coming from a group that would primarily be right as well. 

:doh:

Objective 1: Remove leftist indoctrination - A+++++

Objective 2: Replace with Christian indoctrination - F++++++

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Thank you. 

It’s a very extreme position I’m told. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s a very extreme position I’m told. 

Some people get their feelers hurt when they hear "just teach".  This is a perfect example of it.