Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

Drop It Like It's Hot

To heck with players who blow up, should get picked up, or injury concerns - this forum needs a players who get dropped thread. It'll make ya feel better to get it off your chest.

This week I dropped K. Drake and D. Njoku

Drake... what can ya say. The Gus Bus ain't looking back. Wasted a waiver on Drake last week too. Bum.

Njoku... hated to do it because he was having a good season, but "2 to 5 weeks"... that's too damn long. It's not like he's Kelse.

Who ya got, errr ain't got anymore?

Edwards is very questionable for Thursday night, Drake might get more playing time. 

3 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Njoku... hated to do it because he was having a good season, but "2 to 5 weeks"... that's too damn long. It's not like he's Kelse.

Who ya got, errr ain't got anymore?

normally I'd fully agree.   but this season has been weird in the sense that very few TE's who have historically produced are doing much of anything.

so to that end, Njoku has at least shown signs of being good as compared to most TE's who have sucked badly.

that said, I understand the frustration.   the desire to make a move to shore up the position is strong but who do you replace him with?   thats the big question because everyone is performing like crap.

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

that said, I understand the frustration.   the desire to make a move to shore up the position is strong but who do you replace him with?   thats the big question because everyone is performing like crap.

Everette on a bye week so I took Irv Smith. Can't afford to roster 3 Te's... especially when Njoku's return could be 5 weeks. If Everette wasn't on a bye, I might've waited a week or so to see if Njoku was even close to returning.

Everett may be a nice pickup.   I dont mind him.  hes likely the best of a bad lot.

10 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

Edmonds this week, thought about Dillon but waivers were thin. Might still spite drop him.

In my cheapo league... I did the same dropping Edmonds. It pained me greatly.

For the first time in my life, I was wrong. I truly believed Edmonds was going to be the steal of fantasy football this year.  A pass-catching RB, with a run-happy coach, who's only competition was a washed up/injury prone 29-year old.

I'm dropping Njoku this week. He was doing well, finally, but I don't room on the bench for a 2nd TE.

I dropped Melvin Gordon last week. He's just not that good any more, and on top of that, the Broncos offense is a dumpster fire

19 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

In my cheapo league... I did the same dropping Edmonds. It pained me greatly.

For the first time in my life, I was wrong. I truly believed Edmonds was going to be the steal of fantasy football this year.  A pass-catching RB, with a run-happy coach, who's only competition was a washed up/injury prone 29-year old.

I had him last year. Didn’t think he’d be the steal of the draft but I thought he’d be a pretty good RB2 until he got hurt. Didn’t expect him to totally wash out :o 

Yeah, dropping Njoku to pick up TE Greg Dulcich, he's.getting more involved in the offense. Also AJ DILLON, had high hope for him this season but looks like it's just not working out.

I’m going to watch how much Wilson targets  Dulcich, I think he might not get as many targets with Wilson.  

This is the time when I wish Deuce Staley was still in the league. I would drop a Deuce, just to say I did.

• Haha 1

I think D Staley is in the league, I believe he’s a coach, do you mean a player in the league instead? 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think D Staley is in the league, I believe he’s a coach, do you mean a player in the league instead? 

I think he plays in a league where you draft assistant coaches. Maybe he doesn’t know. 

Thanks to week 8 bye, had to scramble for TE. Welcome to team Gobble Mr. Irv Smith Jr.  - hasn't done much all year, but highly ranked this week because Cardinals stink against TE's. Turns out, they're bad against TE's not named Irv Smith Jr.... 4 rec, 28 yds.

Goodbye Irv. Even Irv Smith Senior is dropping this turd.