Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Brady: Marriage or Fame?

I’m not assuming his marriage ended due to his success slash ego, but if you had to choose a great marriage or a career like his with all the money and fame it came with, what would you choose?

it’s an interesting question not just for celebrities but people like us. I have a couple of friends who have crushed it in business but their home life suffered big time. Between the travel and long hours they all lost their home life. But they are very, very wealthy.

Just curious, especially from the senior posters, would you trade lives with him?

Nah, I wouldn't like the attention. That said, being a millionaire out of the spotlight is very appealing. 

I would’ve traded lives with him (other than my children, of course) up until a few years ago. But at this point it seems like there’s a huge hole there he just cannot fill :( 

This thread really should be on the geek board, I don’t see any ff significants to it on this board. 

I was surprised that he un-retired.  And, so was Gisele.  Me-thinks there were other concerns in the marriage, and when he did THAT .. well, there's no recovering from it.

Considering he signed the $375M deal with Fox to do tv broadcasting, he didn't need the money.  I would have stayed retired.

I have a few fairly famous contacts I see or talk to occasionally and one of the things we have discussed is that I’ve always told them I think there’s a big part of you that wants the life I have and there’s a big part of me that would have loved to have the life you have. 

and a lot of times you see guys like Brady, etc. they don’t know how to do the lives we have. They’ve never had to do it and it doesn’t work in reverse. You don’t go from usually a 9 to 5 job to you’re now a famous athlete.

Having said that, I am so sick of hearing about Brady and his divorce like he’s the only motherfucking guy on the planet in sports going through stuff. But every game we hear about it and the excuse making for being pretty shitty this year.

47 minutes ago, weepaws said:

This thread really should be on the geek board, I don’t see any ff significants to it on this board. 

You didn’t have to open it, sweetheart 😘

True I didn’t have to, I wanted to see how the OP was going to tie those questions with ff. 

Now I think it’s a cute school age question, one that doesn’t have any thing related  to ff , so without delay it needs to be removed , and replaced on the geek board.  

20 minutes ago, weepaws said:

True I didn’t have to, I wanted to see how the OP was going to tie those questions with ff. 

Now I think it’s a cute school age question, one that doesn’t have any thing related  to ff , so without delay it needs to be removed , and replaced on the geek board.  

Weepaws calls 3 seconds in the lane in pickup basketball . 

:)

Oh man I can’t stand playing b-ball with those that call every little foul, I had a few after the game meetings with those that did.  

Good times.  

Back in the 80es when I lived at South Lake Tahoe i played on what they called simi pro leagues.  I played for a team in Sacramento for four seasons, we won three straight titles.  I was darn good playing with players who just weren’t good enough for the nba. I did have a 15 point avg , I played small forward/ shooting guard, excellent defender. 

This tread still needs to be moved to the geek board.  

Thanks.  

40 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Oh man I can’t stand playing b-ball with those that call every little foul, I had a few after the game meetings with those that did.  

Good times.  

Back in the 80es when I lived at South Lake Tahoe i played on what they called simi pro leagues.  I played for a team in Sacramento for four seasons, we won three straight titles.  I was darn good playing with players who just weren’t good enough for the nba. I did have a 15 point avg , I played small forward/ shooting guard, excellent defender. 

This tread still needs to be moved to the geek board.  

Thanks.  

Impressive!

How tall are you?

Could also be her dormant professional ego had risen? I’d expect a Supermodel is used to getting her way. Who knows, probably wasn’t perfect picture home life for a while. He’s playing a sport now with people 20 years younger … which is weird but again, football all he’s ever done.

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

But at this point it seems like there’s a huge hole there he just cannot fill :( 

I don't like the sound of that :)

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

My apologies but your a jerkoff. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wolves111 said:

My apologies but your a jerkoff. 

I accept your apology, let’s not do it again. 

Thanks. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrG said:

Could also be her dormant professional ego had risen? I’d expect a Supermodel is used to getting her way. Who knows, probably wasn’t perfect picture home life for a while. He’s playing a sport now with people 20 years younger … which is weird but again, football all he’s ever done.

Simple question, what is weird about Brady playing with men 20 years younger? 

17 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

it seems like there’s a huge hole there he just cannot fill :( 

That could be it, but I thought she divorced him over his playing. :dunno:

2 hours ago, frank said:

That could be it, but I thought she divorced him over his playing. :dunno:

That’s the cover story ;) 

He shouldn't have married such a twat in the first place

Something I've learned long ago....

I don't give a crap, just show up on Sunday.

Everyone... Owners, players, media, and fans have been completely hypocritical when it comes to football, that I'm of the mindset, "I don't care, just do what you're getting paid to do".

10 hours ago, JagFan said:

Don’t draft players with personal issues.  There, I made the connection to FF!

his personal issues hadnt blown up at the time we were drafting.   it actually looked like it would be fine.

there were no reports of them splitting over this.

57 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

his personal issues hadnt blown up at the time we were drafting.   it actually looked like it would be fine.

there were no reports of them splitting over this.

....and yet, he still leads the NFL in completions and yards while completing 67% of his passes, and no QB with at least 3 starts, has less interceptions (1), than he does.  Makes you wonder if there's actually something other than Brady, that's wrong with the team.  🤔

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

....and yet, he still leads the NFL in completions and yards while completing 67% of his passes, and no QB with at least 3 starts, has less interceptions (1), than he does.  Makes you wonder if there's actually something other than Brady, that's wrong with the team.  🤔

He doesn’t have that same magic this year, but probably the obvious answer is coaching. I thought Arians might be replaceable but evidently I was wrong, or at least they picked the wrong guy to do it

31 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

in my opinion it looks like an O line problem mostly but thats based on limited viewing of this team so take that for what it is worth.

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He doesn’t have that same magic this year, but probably the obvious answer is coaching. I thought Arians might be replaceable but evidently I was wrong, or at least they picked the wrong guy to do it

Arians is very replaceable.  The problem has been there since 2019, even before Brady (I said it back then too).   Watching the games in Tampa, it's more clear for me than ever, about Bruce Arians.  There's a reason why QB's always struggled with interceptions in their first year in Arians' system.  It's because the system sucks.  It really does.  It focuses less on route running than it does how far you can run and get open.  Jameis Winston stinks as a QB, that's why he threw 30 Ints, but the fact that he is a talented "thrower" and Godwin and Evans are stars, he was still able to lead the league in yards and 2nd in TD's.  The system didn't change in 2020.  The only difference was that Brady is a great QB.  He's more prudent with his passing.  He still is... leading the league in comps and yards, while still completing 67% of his passes, and while yes, throwing the most passes, he still only has 1 Ints... shows that.

The biggest problem Tampa has is that even though they're on their 3rd string center and 3rd string LG (and have been since Week 1), is that their system still sucks and the coach in charge of that system is worse than before.  Arians was an aggressive play caller.  With Bowles in charge, the offense is WAY WAY WAY less aggressive.  They're running of 1st down almost twice as much this year than they did last year, in the first half and that's forcing more 3rd and long's.  On top of that, because of the line issues, Brady's forced to get rid of the ball sooner.  Last year, he averaged 7.4 yards per attempt, this year he's at 6.7.  So, when you have a more conservative offense, teams are more apt to play defense closer to the line.  When you compound that with shorter routes, because Brady has to get the ball out sooner, you end up with a lot of people within 10 yards of the line making it harder to complete passes.  Yet, Brady is still completing 67% of his passes, leads the NFL in completions and yards, and only has 1 Int.

The number of deep routes (20+ yards), is virtually all but gone, in the first half.  Listening to the game Thursday night on the local broadcast, they said that Brady is averaging just under 1.5 per game (he has 11 in 8 games), on pace for 23... last year, he had 48.  Sure, Godwin missing 4 games, Julio missing 5, Evans and Gage missing 1 each, plays a part in that... all of their injuries do, but overall, the main point is, Brady isn't the problem.  It lies mostly with a more conservative offense and unwillingness to change.

50 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

in my opinion it looks like an O line problem mostly but thats based on limited viewing of this team so take that for what it is worth.

Shaq Mason is 'ok' at RG, but he's no Ali Marpet who retired and they're down to their third LG and C.  On top of that, their LT (Donovan Smith), got hurt Week 1 vs Dallas and missed games 2 & 3.  He's been back since Week 4.  This is the biggest part of the problem as far as the "on the field" issues.  The biggest problem overall, is bad coaching/game planning.  This has been a problem since Arians got here in 2019... the difference was the talent and health of the players in 2020 & 2021 are not the same in 2022.

You gotta wonder if some of that inability to get downfield passes is on Brady though. He is 45. He hasn’t been a great deep ball passer for years and it’s possible even that baseline has fallen off sharply this year :dunno:

The first two seasons with the Bucs he wasn’t going through a divorce, he’s a human, that’s going to bother one.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

The first two seasons with the Bucs he wasn’t going through a divorce, he’s a human, that’s going to bother one.  

That’s a good point :thumbsup: