Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Steelers trade Chase Claypool to Bears

As a Steelers fan, I'm amazed they got a 2 for him. The guy is huge and fast. He had a great rookie season, but has had issues (mostly mental) since then. With Pickens proving to be a find in the 2nd, the Steelers felt they could move on with him and DiJohn. 

Seems a great deal for the Steelers (getting equal draft capital) and a good deal for Claypool (getting more opps) and the Bears (getting a second WR to go with Mooney).

1 hour ago, Law said:

As a Steelers fan, I'm amazed they got a 2 for him. The guy is huge and fast. He had a great rookie season, but has had issues (mostly mental) since then. With Pickens proving to be a find in the 2nd, the Steelers felt they could move on with him and DiJohn. 

Seems a great deal for the Steelers (getting equal draft capital) and a good deal for Claypool (getting more opps) and the Bears (getting a second WR to go with Mooney).

Mental like a head case or mental like dumb?

Mental like a headcase, but maybe a little of both. He hasn't always made the best decisions. 

I guess he'll take over Dante Pettis' 2.3 targets per game.

1 hour ago, Law said:

good deal for Claypool (getting more opps)

He had 50 targets already in Pittsburgh; no receiver in Chicago has more than 44, so I doubt if this represents "more opps."

Don’t see a upside for the Bears. 

Claypool has been such a frustration.  Big and fast but regressed since his rookie year, but he has shown some improved route running last few weeks anyway.  He just never could get seperation from man-2-man coverage nor was finding open spots in the zones very well.  Always diving for balls and always has a DB draped all over him.   

On 11/1/2022 at 12:19 PM, Law said:

yeah, the fact they got a 2 for him is huge. I dont know if I'd even pay a 4th for the guy.   

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/16/report-bears-are-unhappy-with-chase-claypool/

Via NBCSportsChicago.com, Marc Silverman of ESPN 1000’s Waddle & Silvy recently explained that the Bears are not happy with Claypool.

“All I can tell you is it isn’t trending in a way that the Bears have wanted it to trend in this offseason,” Silverman said.

“I have heard from a few people inside that building that he is not somebody who is very self-motivated,” Silverman added. “There’s a long way to go. Chase Claypool can change the narrative.”

Wasn’t that the problem with Claypool while he was playing on the Steelers. 

Well, he's been receiving high praise so far from many of the sports media so far that are watching him in camp...

7 hours ago, bgard72 said:

Well, he's been receiving high praise so far from many of the sports media so far that are watching him in camp...

I've seen his body of work, next. 

12 hours ago, bgard72 said:

When would you be targeting Claypool? 

14 hours ago, bgard72 said:

Dude couldn’t get it together in what is typically a very good offense (Pitt). How’s he going to capitalize in the fantasy wasteland that is Chicago?

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Dude couldn’t get it together in what is typically a very good offense (Pitt). How’s he going to capitalize in the fantasy wasteland that is Chicago?

He hasn’t. 

On 11/1/2022 at 2:19 PM, Law said:

With Pickens proving to be a find in the 2nd, the Steelers felt they could move on with him and DiJohn.

I think that old trade speaks to the Steeler's faith in Pickens, who they want to eventually become their leading receiver.

I predict Pickens finishes with more fantasy points than D Johnson this season, though both will be unreliable due to inept qb.

On 8/3/2023 at 2:25 PM, GobbleDog said:

unreliable due to inept offensive coordinator

fixed it for you

• Haha 2