crackattack

Pandemic Amnesty

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/10/covid-response-forgiveness/671879/&ved=2ahUKEwiPmujV9Y_7AhUokYkEHTdeAtMQFnoECBwQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3QPkV9siwF9HwpiBmSGyyi

I say FOCK that! Everyone/anyone who did any of this, can blow me.

1. Blamed healthy individuals not at risk who didn't want the shot. Said things like "blood on their hands", "anti-vaxxers", "fire them", "shame them", focking "jail them" etc etc.

2. Shut down schools.

3. Masked children for years.

4. Masking alone in your car or out for a walk.

I'm sure I'm missing plenty, but with the behavior from some, fock you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, crackattack said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/10/covid-response-forgiveness/671879/&ved=2ahUKEwiPmujV9Y_7AhUokYkEHTdeAtMQFnoECBwQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3QPkV9siwF9HwpiBmSGyyi

1. Blamed healthy individuals not at risk who didn't want the shot. Said things like "blood on their hands", "anti-vaxxers", "fire them", "shame them", focking "jail them" etc etc.

2. Shut down schools.

I thought that was a load of crap as well.

They can call go fock themselves, nice little reminder coming next Tuesday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I think we need more forgiveness and empathy in the world.

Articles like this should be encouraged. We don't need to be mad all the time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

We have far too much forgiveness and acceptance. It's why grown men dressed in sexual attire twerk in front of children during a "parade".  

No, we need justice. The people who pushed their pseudoscience and the leaders who enforced those rules should be held accountable. It'll never happen though. The psychos like that author doesn't care about what she did to her children, family, and community. She just wants to be told it's okay to be a monster.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Agreed.

Society has 100% lost the ability to understand that situations change over time.

And of course we have people in the thread here acting like their team rooting for next Tuesday is some form of punishment rather than just the wave of how these things roll. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Reality said:

They can call go fock themselves, nice little reminder coming next Tuesday.

Righties acting like they were right the whole time, lol

43 minutes ago, crackattack said:

2. Shut down schools.

Agreed

Look, the first couple months nobody knew WTF was going on.  However after that, yeah, Covid was used as a tool.  I’ll never trust people in power ever again.  

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Righties acting like they were right the whole time, lol

The Barrington Declaration was published in October 2020.  Some of us have been right the whole time.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Fock all those fuckin fucktards. They can all drop dead. Oh wait. They are. How's it going in that coffin, Julie Powell? 🤣

12 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Look, the first couple months nobody knew WTF was going on.  However after that, yeah, Covid was used as a tool.  I’ll never trust people in power ever again.  

It took COVID to get you there?

Man I haven't trusted people in power for like 20 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

Generally forgiveness comes after admission, contrition, and a request for forgiveness, not after sort of acknowledge that maybe, sometimes, in small ways one was less than 100% correct.  Still, as you note we need more conciliation, and in this day and age even this weak attempt to extend an olive branch is not to be ignored as maybe it is more than many are willing to extend.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Society has 100% lost the ability to understand that situations change over time.

And of course we have people in the thread here acting like their team rooting for next Tuesday is some form of punishment rather than just the wave of how these things roll. 

You keep saying that but I disagree. The democrats have a lot going for them this cycle that they haven’t in the past, notably abortion. The president got the most votes ever a short time ago, and has delivered on much of what he promised. Russia is on the run. Crime is going down and the environment is improving. This isn’t a normal cycle at all. They have a lot going for them. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

HT believes Biden got 81 million votes now.  😂 🤡 

I’ve come around! 

And don’t forget Jan 6. Democracy is on the ballot! 

I had to wear a mask at my kids soccer game. And socially distance and the kids had to run around in masks at a wide open field in October of 2020. Some of us were calling BS. Sorry you weren’t Tim. 

• Thanks 1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.deseret.com/2022/11/2/23435337/pandemic-amnesty-school-closings-masks-learning-loss%3F_amp%3Dtrue&ved=2ahUKEwjO7_W6oJD7AhU3jIkEHfz_CO4QFnoECB4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1TdZZAwjJYihw4N7GabZ14

"It’s time to move on, yes, but we cannot do so without internalizing the lessons and acknowledging that mistakes were made. And let’s have no talk of amnesty until we ensure that the arsonists are no longer running the fire department".

This 👍

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

This.

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

Generally forgiveness comes after admission, contrition, and a request for forgiveness, not after sort of acknowledge that maybe, sometimes, in small ways one was less than 100% correct.  Still, as you note we need more conciliation, and in this day and age even this weak attempt to extend an olive branch is not to be ignored as maybe it is more than many are willing to extend.

And this.  Look, I'm not a vindictive person; I don't hold grudges etc.  But much like the student loan "forgiveness," which did jack shiot to address the underlying problem, this "plea for amnesty" does not address fact that the government in cohoots with social media completely control the message and the definition of "misinformation."  So next time someone says, "ya know, this disease barely affects kids, maybe we should discuss if it's a good idea to keep schools shut down/Zoom, or mask young children and socially isolate them during their most important developmental years," it won't just get shouted down and censored as misinformation.

I would like an acknowledgment from the left that this happened and a plan to make sure it doesn't happen again.  Elon's Twitter purchase is a start to leveling the field, but the Lefties don't seem interested in that.

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

The Barrington Declaration was published in October 2020.  Some of us have been right the whole time.  :thumbsup:

Other than many schools still being closed which there was plenty of disagreement with even at the time, the rest of the GBD would have been a disaster even though the main other restrictions were mostly just some restaurants and bars being closed.  But winter 2020-2021 was still the worst wave and the GBD didn’t really have much of a plan for “focused protection” anyway so guarantee more elderly (and non-elderly) would have died without much difference in herd immunity.

From the article....

These precautions were totally misguided. In April 2020, no one got the coronavirus from passing someone else hiking. Outdoor transmission was vanishingly rare. Our cloth masks made out of old bandanas wouldn’t have done anything, anyway. But the thing is: We didn’t know.

Uh, yeah... we did.  Well, most of us.  :dunno:

I have been reflecting on this lack of knowledge thanks to a class I’m co-teaching at Brown University on COVID.

Shocker!!

Some of these choices turned out better than others. To take an example close to my own work, there is an emerging (if not universal) consensus that schools in the U.S. were closed for too long: The health risks of in-school spread were relatively low, whereas the costs to students’ well-being and educational progress were high. The latest figures on learning loss are alarming.

:shocking:  You don't say!!

Obviously some people intended to mislead and made wildly irresponsible claims. Remember when the public-health community had to spend a lot of time and resources urging Americans not to inject themselves with bleach? That was bad. Misinformation was, and remains, a huge problem.

Oh, we know... but it certainly didn't come from the side the media claimed it was.  Oh, and yeah... bleach.  My guess is because the media claimed that Trump said we should inject ourselves with bleach, when he didn't.  Guess that goes back to "irresponsible claims", but shhhh... we won't say that out loud.

The people who got it right, for whatever reason, may want to gloat. Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts. All of this gloating and defensiveness continues to gobble up a lot of social energy and to drive the culture wars, especially on the internet. These discussions are heated, unpleasant and, ultimately, unproductive. In the face of so much uncertainty, getting something right had a hefty element of luck.

So, what you're saying is that the people doing the demonizing for 2 years were wrong, and now you don't want to have to admit it?  Yeah, no surprise there.

She's basically doubling down on the prior mask safe space talk.  When the word was for everyone to wear masks, Liberals loved yelling at people to wear them... but when masks were proven to be not as effective as was we were lead to believe and the mandates were lifted, Liberals were telling people to be kind to those who still wanted to wear them.

• Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Other than many schools still being closed which there was plenty of disagreement with even at the time, the rest of the GBD would have been a disaster even though the main other restrictions were mostly just some restaurants and bars being closed.  But winter 2020-2021 was still the worst wave and the GBD didn’t really have much of a plan for “focused protection” anyway so guarantee more elderly (and non-elderly) would have died without much difference in herd immunity.

BS.  We all know how to protect grandma.  Don't be stoopid.  

We knew! Disney World opened 14 months before Disneyland. South Dakota never shut down. Trump wanted to open the country up in June 2020.

Biden is still firing people from the military for not taking the jab. The miss management isn’t over yet and they’re talking about amnesty.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You keep saying that but I disagree. The democrats have a lot going for them this cycle that they haven’t in the past, notably abortion. The president got the most votes ever a short time ago, and has delivered on much of what he promised. Russia is on the run. Crime is going down and the environment is improving. This isn’t a normal cycle at all. They have a lot going for them. 

Here's to hoping you are correct and that Russia is not on the run into a corner where it will behave like cornered animals do, and that crime is actually down and not just the official reporting of crime due to non-production of reports to the feds, and fwer officers to take reports locally, and dis-spirited victims resolved to their status and the status quo such that they no longer report what they might otherwise have reported.  As for the environment improving, I hope so, but I do not know what evidence there is of this, or if evidence of such a matter could even be evident in such a short time frame for such a longstanfing and endemic problem.  Your faith is refreshing.  Myself, faith has nearly died from exhaustion in me.

Nothing like certain jobs mandating vaccines only to watch everyone with a jab give and catch covid anyway.  Talk about focked up.  

I still have to wear a mask to my Dr. office. Why? Masks are worthless and we've known it for awhile. Our state shut down for maybe 2 weeks. But still requiring masks at our local hospital and all affiliated Dr offices. Dumb.

Employment is up. When do people vote out a party when the people have jobs? 100 million jobs have been created under Biden. 

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

Eating outside in plastic circus tents.  🤣

If there was actually some ventilation, those weren’t a bad idea.   And even if they were that’s pretty far down the list.  Other than schools, IMO the biggest mistake was not emphasizing (or closing) true outdoor activities once we realized they were less risk 

17 minutes ago, Horseman said:

BS.  We all know how to protect grandma.  Don't be stoopid.  

Well I can think of a few governors that didn’t.  Actually that was probably the biggest mistake right up there with closing schools 

16 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Well I can think of a few governors that didn’t.  Actually that was probably the biggest mistake right up there with closing schools 

What was I thinking. You don't really have a choice do you.

Masks until you sit down at a restaurant :lol:

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You don't disagree...or you've never really looked at history of mid-term elections.