crackattack

Pandemic Amnesty

5 hours ago, crackattack said:

I still have to wear a mask to my Dr. office. Why? Masks are worthless and we've known it for awhile. Our state shut down for maybe 2 weeks. But still requiring masks at our local hospital and all affiliated Dr offices. Dumb.

Mayo requires them; I go there... more than I wish.  I understand the reasoning -- by definition all of the patients are sick, many immunocompromised in the areas I tend to go.  Many if not most are elderly.  It's not a bad policy to wear masks, not only for Covid but for flu and other diseases which could prove problematic.

And masks particularly suck for me, because my speech is difficult to understand with the prosthetic, so it is helpful to read my lips as I talk.  Thankfully the main docs I see know that a mask is just decoration for me (I don't breathe through my nose or mouf) so I take the mask off in their office.

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

You don't disagree...or you've never really looked at history of mid-term elections. 

Nothing gets by this guy 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Mayo requires them; I go there... more than I wish.  I understand the reasoning -- by definition all of the patients are sick, many immunocompromised in the areas I tend to go.  Many if not most are elderly.  It's not a bad policy to wear masks, not only for Covid but for flu and other diseases which could prove problematic.

And masks particularly suck for me, because my speech is difficult to understand with the prosthetic, so it is helpful to read my lips as I talk.  Thankfully the main docs I see know that a mask is just decoration for me (I don't breathe through my nose or mouf) so I take the mask off in their office.

No it's a stupid policy unless you're wearing a n95 mask or better. I worked in a chemotherapy center for 20+ years so I get it. But to sit hear and say a piece of cloth on your face helps, well, you're wrong. The CDC got that right months ago. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 10:16 AM, TimHauck said:

Righties acting like they were right the whole time, lol

of course we were

Conservatives / Patriots don't follow along like little blind sheep

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

of course we were

Conservatives / Patriots don't follow along like little blind sheep

They weren’t though 

22 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Employment is up. When do people vote out a party when the people have jobs? 100 million jobs have been created under Biden. 

Unfortunately 20 million were jobs restored not created, and the remainder were primarily in China.

21 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Masks until you sit down at a restaurant :lol:

:mad:SCIENCE DENIER!!!!! :mad:

53 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

They weren’t though 

Shutting everything down and forcing vaccines was wrong.  There's really no other way around that.  They focked up.

15 hours ago, crackattack said:

No it's a stupid policy unless you're wearing a n95 mask or better. I worked in a chemotherapy center for 20+ years so I get it. But to sit hear and say a piece of cloth on your face helps, well, you're wrong. The CDC got that right months ago. 

Who said anything about cloth masks?  Mayo hands out dual-layer disposables unless you already have an N95.  There are diseases for which such masks could help.  My guess is you didn't wear them in the chemo area because it wasn't a thing we did in America.  But now that we are accustomed to wearing them (for the most part), I would not be surprised if they will be required in such areas forever moving forward.

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Shutting everything down and forcing vaccines was wrong.  There's really no other way around that.  They focked up.

On shutdowns (particularly how long they lasted), sure.  But it wasn’t just righties against the vax mandate, especially ones for students.  And TBH even though I was against it as well, it likely did save lives.

There were also plenty of things they were wrong about, such as saying covid was NBD or the deaths were overcounted, or frankly the overall skepticism of the effectiveness of the vax as a whole for adults (yes lod I know you disagree). 

26 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yep

No amnesty.

Period. 

• Thanks 1

I forgive them as much as they have forgiven every peaceful protestor who happened to enter the Capitol.   

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 12:37 PM, crackattack said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/10/covid-response-forgiveness/671879/&ved=2ahUKEwiPmujV9Y_7AhUokYkEHTdeAtMQFnoECBwQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3QPkV9siwF9HwpiBmSGyyi

I say FOCK that! Everyone/anyone who did any of this, can blow me.

1. Blamed healthy individuals not at risk who didn't want the shot. Said things like "blood on their hands", "anti-vaxxers", "fire them", "shame them", focking "jail them" etc etc.

2. Shut down schools.

3. Masked children for years.

4. Masking alone in your car or out for a walk.

I'm sure I'm missing plenty, but with the behavior from some, fock you!

Great article. I agree that we all got some things right and others wrong. Time to accept that mistakes were made and move on.

Amnesty. 👍🏻