cmh6476

2022 Midterm Elections

9 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Biden out campaigning in +10 blue districts

Those still exist?  Where is he, Beverly Hills?

I'll just be glad when the non-stop political ads are over. 

Was getting pizza last night and noticed an ad on the muted TV.  It was about how Patty Murray (WA senator) voted with Biden 96% of the time, something about trannies (ad cuts to show that tranny "admiral"), and also showed a homeless camp.  I was 100% expecting this to be an attack ad AGAINST Murray from her opponent.  Shockingly enough it was a pro Patty Murray ad.  :shocking:

• Haha 1

Can someone explain to me why Obama was campaigning for a convicted racist today?  It makes no sense if one is to believe he has principals and isn't just a hack, partisan politician.

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

Can someone explain to me why Obama was campaigning for a convicted racist today?  It makes no sense if one is to believe he has principals and isn't just a hack, partisan politician.

I for one never thought Obama had any principles nor any integrity. He's as partisan as can be, and he's a racist.

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

It's because liberals stand for everything that is upside-down to what is good for the USA. I can't fathom why someone would vote for a Democrat these days.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Convicted racist? Who was the judge in that trial?

21 hours ago, Horseman said:

Dem Senate +250

Rep Senate -350

Dem House +1100

Rep House -3000

🇺🇸😀

Den Senate +300

Rep Senate -450

Dem House +1200

Rep House -5000

holy chit these lines are moving away from the dems fast

Former pollster for Trump Jim M. says "Republicans aren't just doing well among Hispanics — they're going to get the vast majority of Hispanic voters," McLaughlin predicted. "And why? Because the issues that people care about most, like crime and the economy, they think the Republicans will do a much better job."  Bold call.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/newsmaxtv-midterms-brazilelection/2022/11/03/id/1094821/

At this point, if you're still considering voting Democrat, you really need to evaluate your positions. The Democrats have gone out of their way to push every day, normal folks, away. 

It's that bad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t believe anything till it happens. 

It’s where we are. Dems have both gone insane and proven to be incompetent so voters will be looking to punish them for it. Meanwhile, there are more and better trained eyes this time to be on the lookout for fraud. There were plenty of warning bells going off before the 2020 election to anticipate the crisis but I don’t get that same sense now.

4 hours ago, Horseman said:

Den Senate +300

Rep Senate -450

Dem House +1200

Rep House -5000

holy chit these lines are moving away from the dems fast

The shortsighted Sh1t-For-Brains (and sh1t for policy, morals, ethics) Party can be happy two of them were sane enough to not scrap the fillibuster because with as many voters and states their evil degenerate incompetent asses are turning red, they may not be seeing another Senate majority again for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Are most of you voting straight party?

For the federal and state races I will.  Unfortunately, our local races are uncontested, mostly with gop candidates but one county office is a dem I believe.   Nothing against those candidates, but competition isn't a bad thing.  Presiding commissioner is contested, and both seem like decent choices.   But the dem showed up with a Mohawk at a local chamber debate.   I can't imagine that did him any favors.

This is an interesting story happening nearby to me. The actual article here is from a CNN interview but the group exists and they've been covered in stories in the local papers as well. 

John P. Child has a strong view about the 2020 presidential election: “I think it was stolen, fair and square.”

He’s not the type to stage a coup, he says. But he no longer trusts local officials to run elections. 

So, like a growing number of Americans who support former President Donald Trump, he’s taken training classes put on by conservative groups on how to be a poll watcher in the 2022 midterm elections. This time, he will be able to see for himself.

It comes as part of a nationwide movement led by MAGA influencers who have circulated false information about election fraud, with former Trump adviser Steve Bannon the most prominent. 

On a recent episode of his “War Room” podcast, Bannon said: “Biden is illegitimate, and we’re gonna prove it. ... It’s never going to happen again.” 

Bannon hosts many guests who are working to build an army of conservative poll workers, such as Cleta Mitchell, a lawyer who tried to help overturn the 2020 election. “All over the country, we’re deploying people to be poll watchers to watch everything that's happening,” Mitchell said. 

Some of these MAGA influencers tour the country. David Clements tells crowds that that voting machines are extremely vulnerable. He concludes his presentation with a stirring appeal that the audience members do more than consume content. “You have to get in the ring,” he said in Michigan. “You can’t fight this on social media.” 

This is having a real effect. CNN met Child, a realtor, outside a training held by Delaware County Conservatives in suburban Philadelphia. The organizer had expected only a couple people, but about a dozen showed up, and she had to hunt for more chairs.  

Child showed CNN the training documents, which go through many technical and procedural details of how votes are counted after polls close — and question whether each is an avenue for cheating. They cast a cloud of suspicion over the vote without any proof.  

“My head was spinning at the end of it,” he said of the presentation, explaining that he went to the seminar a second time to understand the issue better. 

“I would vote, you know, every time and … hit the buttons and go home,” he said. “And the seminar basically showed us what happens after your vote. And that's that was an eye opener.”  

“The one thing I remember vividly is the paper in the touch-writer,” he said of what he had learned about the special materials required that were not regular copy paper.

“So if you see that there's Hammermill being brought out, you're supposed to say, hey, stop, stop the proceedings.” 

Child raised a few debunked claims of election fraud. When CNN showed him proof the claims were false, he accepted it – he was even friendly about it. But he couldn’t shake the feeling that something had gone wrong. He thought elections should go back to paper ballots and a single day of voting.

Paper trail: “People come to us at county council meetings and say, ‘We need to use paper ballots!’ And I'm like, ‘We do use paper ballots. Do you understand we use paper ballots?" Delaware County Council member Christine Reuther told CNN. “The votes are cast on a paper ballot, and then they are scanned, and the results of that vote are tabulated on the scanner. But you’re not really voting on the scanner, you're voting on the paper ballot, and that paper ballot is maintained as a record of the voter’s vote.”

At a county council meeting, it was clear officials were frustrated by the several citizens who used the public comment period to make false claims about election fraud. That frustration makes sense: Delaware County has now fought 15 lawsuits against 2020 election deniers. It won all of them. But the county told CNN it had cost $250,000. Reuther said she was worried about how much more time and money this movement would drain with the midterms and the 2024 election. 

Pennsylvania may have some of the most closely watched races nationally, with a US Senate seat and the governorship hanging in the balance. Delaware County was once a Republican stronghold, but has steadily become more Democratic over the last decade. In the last election, the entire county council went Democratic for the first time.

"Those things are fairy tales," Carl Belis, who has been a poll worker in several elections, told CNN of public comments claiming the voting machines were vulnerable to fraud.

Belis wasn’t worried about working in this election in Delaware County. If someone tried to disrupt the voting, the police would be called. "Across the nation? Yeah, I think there'll be some problems, definitely. Which is why I say to people, ‘Be prepared now. Don't be stupid like on January 6.’"

Child says he just wants the rules followed. And if Democrats win, he will carry on with his life. “What, am I going to start a revolt? No,” he said. “Have to accept it. What else are you gonna do?” 

This is the gameplan. Use fake claims to foment distrust in the process. A process that has almost across the board been proven secure. It doesn't matter if stuff is true- all that matters is if you can get people to believe it. Once they believe it they will let that distrust fester and then you never have to pretend like any election is legitimate and people will always feel like the system was flawed and will never trust anything. This is how the Republicans handle this stuff and it is smart. Not that they are creating distrust, but in how they attack it at small local levels and spend a ton of cash there to do it. If Democrats ever wise up to it (doubtful) they could actually help themselves.

However, because this door is being opened in this way it will be something that I'd imagine at some point Democrats do try to run through. So basically we will never have a clean election again where people just accept the results and move on. All because two people in the last two elections have lost and tried to discredit the results to various degrees. The GOP has weaponized it more on a local level now though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Hahaha!  Joy Reid over on MSNBC saying that (R) use of the word “inflation” is an example of not using common English.  As if it’s some master’s degree word.

She said people have never complained about inflation before. Hmmm.  I think that’s because e we haven’t needed to in 40 years.

7 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Hahaha!  Joy Reid over on MSNBC saying that (R) use of the word “inflation” is an example of not using common English.  As if it’s some master’s degree word.

She said people have never complained about inflation before. Hmmm.  I think that’s because e we haven’t needed to in 40 years.

In related news: Joy Reid is a dope. 

On 11/3/2022 at 8:29 AM, dogcows said:

Mail-in ballots are not fraudulent. Fraud doesn’t “seep in” if a ballot isn’t counted within 15 minutes. Multiple states in America have had mail-in ballots for everybody for years. Military members have mailed in ballots since the 1800s.

What a steaming pile of bullish!t. And you believe it for one reason and one reason only. Donald Trump told you to before the 2020 election results came in. He knew he was gonna lose, so he started calling “fraud” before a single vote was cast.

I thought after the first 50 failed court cases by Trump, the idiots would realize they’d been played. Nope. Still living with their heads firmly implanted in Trump’s anus. And with all that fast food he’s ingested over 70+ years on the planet, it can’t be very pleasant in there.

He's a one trick pony.

Trump accuses Cruz of stealing Iowa caucuses through 'fraud'

On 11/3/2022 at 8:29 AM, dogcows said:

Mail-in ballots are not fraudulent. Fraud doesn’t “seep in” if a ballot isn’t counted within 15 minutes. Multiple states in America have had mail-in ballots for everybody for years. Military members have mailed in ballots since the 1800s.

How have members of the armed forces received  their ballots in  past?  Historically, how have states with mail in voting distributed ballots?  How was that different from 2020?  

I am awaiting to see who runs away from their job should the Republicans take over both House and Senate.  I anticipate there will be a decent run of people leaving the DOJ/FBI etc.

But what about some of the other areas? Pelosi appears ready to flee the country already. 

53 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Crazy Nancy, You're Fired!

Can't wait for Tuesday.  

:pointstosky:

Libtards everywhere are taking cover, it’s going to be a bloodbath. 

18 minutes ago, BirdGang said:

Libtards everywhere are taking cover, it’s going to be a bloodbath. 

Here's to hoping, but I'll believe it when I see it. 

5 hours ago, Horseman said:

Masters within 2pts of Kelly now.  

He'll be getting 30 more votes from me, my family and friends on Tuesday. Kari Lake too.

Just keep in mind that this is a Hodor election cycle. Having oversight and stopping the spending madness is the best we can do unless Biden dies on the crapper and Kamala chokes on a cack.  

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just keep in mind that this is a Hodor election cycle. Having oversight and stopping the spending madness is the best we can do unless Biden dies on the crapper and Kamala chokes on a cack.  

Investigations, prosecution and impeachments.  

Damn guys, I just found out if the Dems lose we are going to end up like Nazi Germany.  My wife is crying, my kids are hiding in the closet.  Thanks to Rep. Clyburn for sounding the alarm so we can prepare.

5 minutes ago, Mark Davis said:

Damn guys, I just found out if the Dems lose we are going to end up like Nazi Germany.  My wife is crying, my kids are hiding in the closet.  Thanks to Rep. Clyburn for sounding the alarm so we can prepare.

You should start playing the "hide in the attic and keep quiet" game with the kids so they know the drill when the time comes. 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

You should start playing the "hide in the attic and keep quiet" game with the kids so they know the drill when the time comes. 

And if any of the kids are named Anne give her a diary to document the entire ordeal.

28 minutes ago, Strike said:

And if any of the kids are named Anne give her a diary to document the entire ordeal.

It can be a first hand account of how Democracy in America ended.  If we don't wake up and keep one party rule going all this will happen.

So what are you guys up to on the last weekend of democracy? I’m going to yell theatre at a crowded bonfire. 

5 hours ago, Fireballer said:

How have members of the armed forces received  their ballots in  past?  Historically, how have states with mail in voting distributed ballots?  How was that different from 2020?  

He doesn’t know the focking difference between mail in and absentee 

2 hours ago, Mark Davis said:

Correction. Your kids are crying and your wife is in my closet 

MAGAtards don't want democracy.

MAGAtards don't want free and fair elections.

MAGAtards want fascism and autocracy.

MAGAtards are incapable of reason and compromise.

They will stop at nothing to take total control of the country and force their will down Americans' throats.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

MAGAtards don't want democracy.

MAGAtards don't want free and fair elections.

MAGAtards want fascism and autocracy.

MAGAtards are incapable of reason and compromise.

They will stop at nothing to take total control of the country and force their will down Americans' throats.

:banana:

600584593_tenor(3).gif.1cc9623f5412a332a7b837513eb3c81f.gif

14 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

:banana:

600584593_tenor(3).gif.1cc9623f5412a332a7b837513eb3c81f.gif

We'll see about that.