wiffleball

Afib and orange sherbet

I got both. . Had the joy of the early morning ambulance ride and spending the day in the er.

Blood pressure just went through the roof and heart started doing the lambada - while I was sleeping.

I guess one option for tomorrow is to try and shock my heart back into rhythm. 

But apparently, they got to worry about dislodging a clot when you do so. 

The worst part? I ordered a margarita like an hour and a half ago.

No wonder my blood pressure is up.

Nurse is cute though. 

• Like 1

Chances of throwing a clot are very slim. They could also try drugs to get you back in rhythm. I’d just do the shock. It’s no biggie. I’ve have it done many times in the past. Had an ablation now so I’m always in rhythm  

30 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I got both. . Had the joy of the early morning ambulance ride and spending the day in the er.

Blood pressure just went through the roof and heart started doing the lambada - while I was sleeping.

I guess one option for tomorrow is to try and shock my heart back into rhythm. 

But apparently, they got to worry about dislodging a clot when you do so. 

The worst part? I ordered a margarita like an hour and a half ago.

No wonder my blood pressure is up.

Nurse is cute though. 

That sugar will kill you.  :nono: 

Orange sherbet sounds delicious.  When I was a kid my favorite treat from the Ice Cream truck was the Flinstone's Orange Pushup!  Hope you get your heart rhythm fixed.

Cheap frozen margarita >>> expensive on the rock margaritas

Either way I hope you managed to finish the margarita. If you did not my prayers are with that wasted drink 🙏

14 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Cheap frozen margarita >>> expensive on the rock margaritas

Either way I hope you managed to finish the margarita. If you did not my prayers are with that wasted drink 🙏

I could not disagree more.  Cheap frozen margaritas make my lips pucker from sweet and sour overload, and my head pound from an ice freeze.  Give me good tequila, a little orange liqueur, and some lime.  When I'm at a decent Mexican restaurant, I ask the waiter for the least sweet margarita they have, on the rocks.  🍹

I thought this was a trump thread

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I could not disagree more.  Cheap frozen margaritas make my lips pucker from sweet and sour overload, and my head pound from an ice freeze.  Give me good tequila, a little orange liqueur, and some lime.  When I'm at a decent Mexican restaurant, I ask the waiter for the least sweet margarita they have, on the rocks.  🍹

This x 1000  

1 shot tequila 

1/2 shot Grand Marnier or Cointreau

Juice of 1 lime

Maybe add a little club soda if I’m in the mood.

5 hours ago, OldMaid said:

This x 1000  

1 shot tequila 

1/2 shot Grand Marnier or Cointreau

Juice of 1 lime

Maybe add a little club soda if I’m in the mood.

Sister!  🤗

BTW I like salt as well.  Not as important with good tequila, but I just like salt in general so I use it whenever I have the excuse.

36 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Are you on a blood thinner yet? If not, you should be 

But he has that problem where his throat could explode from swollen blood vessels related to his liver pooping the bed; I'm not sure blood thinners are the best idea.  :dunno: 

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

But he has that problem where his throat could explode from swollen blood vessels related to his liver pooping the bed; I'm not sure blood thinners are the best idea.  :dunno: 

Then he should eat the entire container of sherbert

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

Then he should eat the entire container of sherbert

And wash it down with a whole bottle of tequila. 👍🏻

So not that it matters, but things kind of went to crap a few hours ago.

Turns out, my heart isn't flushing the majority of the blood out when it fillls back up between beats.  And they're not really sure why. For me? It feels like I'm drowning on dry land.

Oh well. They're currently debating morphine. So, happy Friday to me. :banana:

What do you mean "it feels like I'm drowning on dry land?"  Do you feel like you're not getting enough oxygen?  I sure hope the Doctors figure it out and get it fixed for you as soon as possible.

Dang, that doesn't sound good.  Well, other than the morphine.  Are you in a lot of pain?  I always figured that you laugh off pain that would make the rest of us curl into a ball and cry.  Good luck man and let us know updates as you can.  :cheers: 

12 hours ago, OldMaid said:

And wash it down with a whole bottle of tequila. 👍🏻

Ooh, an orange sherbet tequila float.  Sounds tasty! 

Good luck Wiff. 

Bored now. Look, if you're going to discharge me do it now so I can get to the bar.

And I want to damn zagnut too!  😡

Oh, just in case you missed it, the Aaron Rodgers era is officially over. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Bored now. Look, if you're going to discharge me do it now so I can get to the bar.

Sorry to hear about your health problems, I hope you're doing well

but it's great to hear that ARod's era is over, since the Cowboys play them next week.

Now it'll be a Sherbet that Dallas wins! :)

29 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Sunday discharges are hard; they have the B team at the hospital and nobody wants to take responsibility for sending you home.  Hope I'm wrong tho.  :cheers: 

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Sunday discharges are hard; they have the B team at the hospital and nobody wants to take responsibility for sending you home.  Hope I'm wrong tho.  :cheers: 

Alot goes into discharges. Stable but insurance will pay to keep you there another day? You'll be there another day. Stable and insurance says no more money for you? Discharged in record time 

• Like 1

Oh damn. Not being discharged.  really could use a beer or beer-garita or whatever.

"Would you like something for alcohol withdrawal?

You mean like, alcohol?"

Apparently my stress test was concerning. I don't know what the hell that means. Hey here's a thought get off the golf course and come and tell me.

And? ? How damn lazy are we as a society that science has found a way to get rid of the treadmill from the stress test and just give us more chemicals to simulate being on a treadmill.

The last, whoever that idiot is that watched a perfectly thrown tb12 touchdown pass fly right into his face mask and bounce flaccidly off his hands will probably be playing for the Argonauts before he has time to untie his cleats.

10 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

You're in withdrawl? That takes some effort. Good luck Wiff 

No, I'm not. But thanks. 

So, haven't heard a whole lot. But if you're interested, or if you're not, one thing I did pick up on is about half the blood in my heart isn't being expelled. You know, like when the heart contracts and all the blood shoots out to wherever? Mine's not doing that. At least not doing it very efficiently.

I keep bouncing into "Afib.". 

Maybe that Gilbert Gottfried duck from the insurance commercials can Branch out a little bit.

All in all, I've had crappier and more hassle filled hospital stays.   

Id forgotten how much I like pudding.

Still, compared to ice cream, it's a little bit like kissing your sister.

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

So, haven't heard a whole lot. But if you're interested, or if you're not, one thing I did pick up on is about half the blood in my heart isn't being expelled. You know, like when the heart contracts and all the blood shoots out to wherever? Mine's not doing that. At least not doing it very efficiently.

I keep bouncing into "Afib.". 

Maybe that Gilbert Gottfried duck from the insurance commercials can Branch out a little bit.

All in all, I've had crappier and more hassle filled hospital stays.   

Id forgotten how much I like pudding.

Still, compared to ice cream, it's a little bit like kissing your sister.

Wow hang in there and make sure you get yourself a DQ Blizzard and a shot of tequila and thing will look better. Hope you get out today!

18 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Sorry to hear about your health problems, I hope you're doing well

but it's great to hear that ARod's era is over, since the Cowboys play them next week.

Now it'll be a Sherbet that Dallas wins! :)

REPORTED!!!!!  :mad:

• Haha 1

Well that was a spectacular way to put a cork in that bottle.

They pumped me full of all kinds of drugs and then shipped my happy ass out of the hospital. Apparently about 3 hours later I conked out. Like Big.  Like whacked my face on the counter, big shiner. Concussion. Stitches. F***** up my knee and just about every other part of me. And I don't remember any of it. I woke up in the hospital hours later.

They Cut my clothes off me. And then they had the temerity to hand me the f****** bag with my shredded clothes. Like what? You got a needle & thread?

Man I wish I was awake for that one. 55-year-old male bleeding profusely from the eyebrow!!

"Quick! Expose his genitals!"

😮

And if that weren't enough, Here's how I know they're retarded. A doctor friend of mine told me that whenever you leave the hospital don't be in such a big hurry to take off your wristband. Just in case something happens, just like last night. That way they have a running start on you. Even though I had my wristband on my right wrist? on my left wrist was a wristband saying John Doe.

I guess they didn't want to admit premature discharge. ( But then again, do any of us?) So they kicked me loose at 2:00 a.m. today.

I look like I went a few rounds with Mike tyson. And my arms from elbows to fingers don't have more than about 4 mm without bruises on them from the junior varsity needle team.

And my heart is working at about 40% capacity BTW. 

... Took me a while to figure out. But God damn. Concussions are no joke. 

You know, at some point, just statistically I've got to die.