Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Fock Around and Find Out

Where are the Cops? Frustrated Portland residents say police have ‘almost disappeared’

"A lot of people feel really unsafe," she said. "They’re angry, they’re sad, they’re mad. They feel helpless. They feel they don’t have a voice."

Violent crime surged 38% in Portland between 2020 and 2021, according to FBI data, outpacing the rest of the country. Property crimes like car theft and vandalism also increased from 2020 to 2021, Portland Police Bureau data show.

There is a simple solution to this.  STOP VOTING DEMOCRAT.  That is really all it takes. 

Portland City Council voted to approve cutting $15 million from the police bureau, eliminating 84 sworn staff positions. The cuts came amid racial justice protests calling to defund the police. Enjoy the lack of police you liberal morons. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Where are the Cops? Frustrated Portland residents say police have ‘almost disappeared’

There is a simple solution to this.  STOP VOTING DEMOCRAT.  That is really all it takes. 

Portland City Council voted to approve cutting $15 million from the police bureau, eliminating 84 sworn staff positions. The cuts came amid racial justice protests calling to defund the police. Enjoy the lack of police you liberal morons. 

They got what they wanted, enjoy.

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

My feeling safe has never depended upon the presence or absence of police.  I am responsible for my safety and the safety of my family.

Good for you. You’re not everyone.  And how about your property? 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good for you. You’re not everyone.  And how about your property? 

I hope I did not imply that others should feel as do I.  If I did that was not my intention.  As for my property, I recognize protecting it can be problematic.  That said I do not believe the police offer much "in the moment" protection.  They are a fine assist in filling out reports for submission to insurance afer the fact, but their presence in my neighborhood is so sporadic as to not deter crime or to protect my property in the moment.

I do believe police presence in crowded metropolitan public areas, including subways, buses, and public plazas, parks, zoos, and recreation facilities does deter crime.  I support the police generally and often specifically while remaining realistic about their role, or at least I believe that I do.

Well if they cut the cops then yeah.

However, if the cops are just being crybaby b1tches refusing to do their job — then get out and there and do it, or quit :dunno:

We have a sales tax on the ballot today to support officer wages and filling vacancies in the department.   Hopefully it passes overwhelmingly. 

15 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

However, if the cops are just being crybaby b1tches refusing to do their job — then get out and there and do it, or quit :dunno:

Great, now do the district attorneys too...  :cheers:

• Thanks 1

Just call a social worker.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

The focked around and are finding out now.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Great, now do the district attorneys too...  :cheers:

Ok, same deal.

Defund the police was focking retarded though, I’ve always said that. It was completely idiotic as a policy and a suicide move politically. And sure enough, Oregon of all states could end up with a Republican governor because these idiots can’t be trusted with their defund the police bullsh1t.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Just call a social worker.

Absolutely. They could start by offering to hug it out with the perp. If that didn't work, they could call in community ambassadors & implement a group circle. 

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Ok, same deal.

Defund the police was focking regarded though, I’ve always said that. It was completely idiotic as a policy and a suicide move politically. And sure enough, Oregon of all states could end up with a Republican governor because these idiots can’t be trusted with their defund the police bullsh1t.

Yeah, as you defended the Antifa Riots and takeovers of downtown Portland.  What a 'tard.  😂

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Ok, same deal.

Defund the police was focking regarded though, I’ve always said that. It was completely idiotic as a policy and a suicide move politically. And sure enough, Oregon of all states could end up with a Republican governor because these idiots can’t be trusted with their defund the police bullsh1t.

I think we agree more than we disagree.  I would not that rather than defund the police, add some roles to help them deal with all these situations that challenge them.  We need more police not less.

If one is not a criminal I suggest that getting behind this is only too easy.  When I observe or hear about someone doing the "defund" nonsense, I immediately think they have something criminal in their life. 

I would be 100% behind justice reform that minimizes stuff like for drugs as well.  Putting people who use drugs in jail is like putting someone who is trying suicide in jail, it makes no sense.

We do have things to fix, we just cannot do it the way the Democrats want to do it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

My feeling safe has never depended upon the presence or absence of police.  I am responsible for my safety and the safety of my family.

Pew pew.......I mean here here😉

23 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah, as you defended the Antifa Riots and takeovers of downtown Portland.  What a 'tard.  😂

Liar.

I said a billion times any people getting caught or who could be caught rioting, looting, etc. should be charged, and I assume many have

• Haha 1

The federal courthouse in Portland was under siege for 93 nights  in 2020. Jan 6> 93 nights using libtard math. 

26 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Liar.

I said a billion times any people getting caught or who could be caught rioting, looting, etc. should be charged, and I assume many have

Tard says what? 

Police don't stop the crime, they just arrest the suspect and not all the time, and not often at all in Portland which probably is the reason crime is up when the criminals know they won't be held responsible they commit more crimes.  Even Mr. Pelosi opened the door for the police and they watched him get beaten with a hammer, although it seems that was his own damn fault for retreating from police toward his assailant.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The federal courthouse in Portland was under siege for 93 nights  in 2020. Jan 6> 93 nights using libtard math. 

Did the president of the United States call for the siege to try and overthrow the results of a democratic election he lost?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

waiting for the liberals to spin this issue as "republicans want to allow police to kill, rape and pillage with impunity!!!!!!  democrats just want sensible patrols to make the streets safe!!!!!!!"

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Did the president of the United States call for the siege to try and overthrow the results of a democratic election he lost?

No. What do I win?

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

No. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

The liberals were much better at organized widespread destruction and killing as prooven by the riots of 2020.

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

What if I decide to blame the Democrat "rhetoric" for it all? Eh? Isn't that the play?

How can we be sure these Jan 6 morons were not just looking at what BLM and antifa got away with and stupidly assumed that that law would ignore them as well?

Liberals set the standard for violence, and morons followed suit. Don't like Jan 6th? Make sure the rest of your liberal cult knows to stop the sh!t....pretty easy. 

20 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

No. But the mayors of liberal cities did tell the police to stand down as the cities were looted and burned while the police and business owners were attacked. So, there's that. 

On 11/4/2022 at 1:27 PM, IGotWorms said:

:rolleyes: 

On 11/4/2022 at 7:52 PM, RLLD said:

What if I decide to blame the Democrat "rhetoric" for it all? Eh? Isn't that the play?

How can we be sure these Jan 6 morons were not just looking at what BLM and antifa got away with and stupidly assumed that that law would ignore them as well?

Liberals set the standard for violence, and morons followed suit. Don't like Jan 6th? Make sure the rest of your liberal cult knows to stop the sh!t....pretty easy. 

Yup.   I've been saying this all along and even before Jan 6th.    The most under-discussed/appreciated/understood aspect of the 1/6 riot.  

2 hours ago, Masshole said:

Yup.   I've been saying this all along and even before Jan 6th.    The most under-discussed/appreciated/understood aspect of the 1/6 riot.  

Here is what will be interesting to now watch.

Right now you have Democrats talking all this BS about the end of Democracy etc. I submit that this is a clever call out to these militants in antifa and BLM so that they again riot after these elections.

And with Republicans taking control of some of these areas we can expect a decent support for law and order, and perhaps they stop these cowards from again burning and looting etc

The the Dems use that fully appropriate response as a proof of the threat to Democracy etc

Anyone can easily see this coming