edjr

Update - ‘Embarrassingly out of touch’: 'Saturday Night Live' skit making light of COVID-19 draws widespread backlash.

Pretty sure everyone at this point can agree with this. Even ouchi fauci

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

31 minutes ago, edjr said:

Pretty sure everyone at this point can agree with this. Even ouchi fauci

❤️

54 minutes ago, DonS said:

I liked the part about paying extra to knock out your wifi. :lol:

July of 2020, when we were all WFH and no office. Some assbag ran into transformer (not the gat kind) and knocked power out to most of my city. Power was out the whole day. What a nap I had.

I work remote like a lot of people are doing these days. On my last project they asked me to come in to the client office for a day of meeting team members and going out for dinner afterward. I told them, "Yeah, that sounds great". I really didn't want to go, so, a day before the meet up, I suddenly came up with "Covid". :lol:

I beat SNL to it. :thumbsup: 

4 hours ago, craftsman said:

I work remote like a lot of people are doing these days. On my last project they asked me to come in to the client office for a day of meeting team members and going out for dinner afterward. I told them, "Yeah, that sounds great". I really didn't want to go, so, a day before the meet up, I suddenly came up with "Covid". :lol:

Not surprised you're a liar.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nobody said:

Not surprised you're a liar.

I pretty much chose not to cave into the work/peer pressure and hang out with a bunch of people I didn't want to hang out with. Correct. 

At least I'm not a dlck like you. :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, craftsman said:

I pretty much chose not to cave into the work/peer pressure and hang out with a bunch of people I didn't want to hang out with. Correct. 

At least I'm not a dlck like you. :thumbsup:

Well, to be fair, you're also a dìck.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, craftsman said:

Why would you avoid a (presumably) free dinner at a (presumably) nice restaurant where you get to build a relationship with your client?  :huh: 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Why would you avoid a (presumably) free dinner at a (presumably) nice restaurant where you get to build a relationship with your client?  :huh: 

Those dinners are only free in terms of not having to pay money for them. They mostly just bore me because I'm not interested in hearing about some senior executive talking about how much they know about wine and everyone pretending it's a big deal. Or what have you. 

And I am no salesman and don't need to be in my position so the best way for me to make good client relationships is to be an expert at my job while on the job. In fact, I have told my company told my company over the years as such, and that I never want to move into a role that requires me to have any sales requirements associated with them. So over the years I have simply moved around laterally and still get my pay raises.

I don't have anything at all against people who like the after work get togethers with the teams, but I only like to hang out with the friends I made in my company because it's more genuine. I have some work friends that like to go frisbee golfing and I hang out with them all the time. 

It's just how I feel. I don't hate people for liking it. And I'm definitely not the only one like this. 

48 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Because he's not a dìck presumably.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Those dinners are only free in terms of not having to pay money for them. They mostly just bore me because I'm not interested in hearing about some senior executive talking about how much they know about wine and everyone pretending it's a big deal. Or what have you. 

And I am no salesman and don't need to be in my position so the best way for me to make good client relationships is to be an expert at my job while on the job. In fact, I have told my company told my company over the years as such, and that I never want to move into a role that requires me to have any sales requirements associated with them. So over the years I have simply moved around laterally and still get my pay raises.

I don't have anything at all against people who like the after work get togethers with the teams, but I only like to hang out with the friends I made in my company because it's more genuine. I have some work friends that like to go frisbee golfing and I hang out with them all the time. 

It's just how I feel. I don't hate people for liking it. And I'm definitely not the only one like this. 

I certainly understand this mindset.  My wife has taken great pains to stay on the technical side of things; they'd have made her a manager long ago but she likes not having to deal with all of the crap which comes with that.

That being said, you described the dinner as "team members" which IMO are the people you work with on a daily basis, not the VP who orders the most expensive wine on the menu and acts like he is a wine expert.  :dunno: 

But to each his own.  :cheers: 

Fans Call ‘SNL’ Sketch Parodying COVID Pandemic ‘Evil’

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/fans-call-snl-sketch-parodying-215305371.html

‘Embarrassingly out of touch’: 'Saturday Night Live' skit making light of COVID-19 draws widespread backlash

https://sports.yahoo.com/snl-covid19-skit-backlash-233746089.html

They must be doing something right if the libs are attacking them. 

:overhead: 

:cry: 

• Haha 1

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

It's funny...people need to lighten up

I love how the article says widespread backlash. so like 30 people on twitter, out of the 8 billion we have. 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I love how the article says widespread backlash. so like 30 people on twitter, out of the 8 billion we have. 

Exactly. It's why I mock people for quoting Twitter so much on here. It's a bunch of idiots on Twitter trying to be profound in short bursts. 

Is there some link to the retards still holding on to the false COVID narrative and calling the skit out?

56 minutes ago, edjr said:

2500 people died of Covid last week?  For simple stupid math, let's call that 50 per state.  Anyone know anyone who died from Covid last week?  Hospitalized?  Got Covid at all?  

Honestly, who are these people dying from it?  :dunno: 

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

2500 people died of Covid last week?  For simple stupid math, let's call that 50 per state.  Anyone know anyone who died from Covid last week?  Hospitalized?  Got Covid at all?  

I mean 50 people out of the 13 million who live in my state...still a really solid chance I wouldn't know them anyway. I do know a handful of people who got COVID in the past 2 weeks but it is certainly not as widespread as this time last year- certainly because it was a few days away from ripping through my family- both immediate and extended. 

On 11/6/2022 at 3:55 PM, craftsman said:

They were all glad you couldn’t make it. :( 

They are doubling down with Chapelle as host this week.  The tranny loving writers went on strike.   Will probably be great!!!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DonS said:

Uh oh.  Did Tim's Twitter handle get doxxed by mistake? 

I thought it was slightly funny but not hilarious.  Don’t see the outrage though. They made it clear to distinguish between Covid now and how it used to be, showed the effectiveness of the vaccine, and still talked about the potential longer term effects of Covid infection such as brain fog.

10 hours ago, jerryskids said:

2500 per week would be 130k per year, about 30% of 2021.  That’s not really all that much, especially not enough to assume you’d “know someone that died of it.”   I also believe the initial numbers reported are “with” covid deaths.  While the % of “with Covid” deaths that had Covid as the underlying cause was 90%+ in 2020-2021, I believe with Omicron it dropped to around 50% (of course covidiots will want you to believe that’s how it was the whole time), which would put true Covid deaths about on par with the flu at this point.

11 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Yep, a couple people at work and I have a notification of close contact of a + case from the school for one of my kids.    

I don't know anybody who died from coovids. I don't know anybody who knows anybody that died from it. Aside from the masks, I wouldn't have known there was the deadliest pandemic in history going on.

1 minute ago, lickin_starfish said:

I don't know anybody who died from coovids. I don't know anybody who knows anybody that died from it. Aside from the masks, I wouldn't have known there was the deadliest pandemic in history going on.

You live in Montana or something?  ;) 

I know several who had it enough for hospitalization, but not death thankfully.  

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

You live in Montana or something?  ;) 

I know several who had it enough for hospitalization, but not death thankfully.  

New York. The only people I know who were hospitalized were also previously injected for it. 🤷‍♂️