Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Frank Reich out as Colts HC

Benching Ryan was stupid. It was dumb to sign him in the first place and I’m not sure who bears responsibility for that, but benching him for some nobody 6th rounder was straight-up sabotage via stupidity. 

Reich deserves criticism for going after yet another reclamation project in Ryan, but wasn't it the owner who made him sit Ryan for financial reasons and go with Ehlinger?

Organizational failure but Reich’s play calling has been brutal. Especially near the end zone. He’s the easiest culprit to get rid of. 

28 minutes ago, jpcdds said:

Organizational failure but Reich’s play calling has been brutal. Especially near the end zone. He’s the easiest culprit to get rid of. 

And you can't fire the owner.

1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

Nice school pic, his mom did a good job dressing him that day :doublethumbsup:

On 11/7/2022 at 10:16 AM, IGotWorms said:

Benching Ryan was stupid. It was dumb to sign him in the first place and I’m not sure who bears responsibility for that, but benching him for some nobody 6th rounder was straight-up sabotage via stupidity. 

I had mentioned that he was a top 12 QB in terms of yards and TD's at the time of the benching.   I think he had an equal number of INT as he had TD.  normally thats not enough to bench someone.  you give him time to turn it around.

but one factor exists that many of us didnt account for.  I think he had close to as many fumbles lost as he had INT.

Thats why he was benched I suspect.

he wasnt looking after the ball.   and when you turn the ball over that much, I dont think it matters how good you are.

Like I said I was initially critical of the move, but when I saw how many fumbles he had and added that to the INT that makes him tough to start.  so tough as it is..... I think the move needed to be made.   sorry pal.

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

I had mentioned that he was a top 12 QB in terms of yards and TD's at the time of the benching.   I think he had an equal number of INT as he had TD.  normally thats not enough to bench someone.  you give him time to turn it around.

but one factor exists that many of us didnt account for.  I think he had close to as many fumbles lost as he had INT.

he wasnt looking after the ball.   and when you turn the ball over that much, I dont think it matters how good you are.

Like I said I was initially critical of the move, but when I saw how many fumbles he had and added that to the INT that makes him tough to start.  so tough as it is..... I think the move needed to be made.   sorry pal.

Sure, if you have an even minimally competent backup. They don’t. Maybe Ehlinger will develop into something (doubt it), but it sure won’t come in time for this year

21 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

just to correct myself.

he has 9 TD 9 INT and 11 fumbles in 7 games played.   granted he only lost 3 of those fumbles but its pretty bad.

hes not been known as a fumbler but he sure has fumbled the hell out of this season.

Nice win for MR Saturday