nobody

Jeff Saturday hired as new Colts head coach and that's raciss

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Of course there would.  You don't think there would be at least one or two guys on here that would make a comment about it?  I don't think you're being honest with yourself.

So you think this site is equivalent to CNN and MSNBC, and New York Times, etc as far as public influence?

Just now, craftsman said:

Fans of the team maybe, but the MSM would leave it the hell out of the media and it would be swept under the rug as quickly as Paul Pelosi having sex with and illegal male. 

I was thinking more about the people posting here.  There's absolutely no doubt that others out there would complain.  There are just too many people to not have a differing opinion like that.

Just now, craftsman said:

So you think this site is equivalent to CNN and MSNBC, and New York Times, etc as far as public influence?

Of course not.  Did I imply that?

If you're strictly talking about the MSM then I agree with you.

Herm Edwards got a second job after proving beyond the shadow of a doubt he was incompetent. Had to hire a clock management assistant. At least we don’t know about Saturday yet. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Herm Edwards got a second job after proving beyond the shadow of a doubt he was incompetent. Had to hire a clock management assistant. At least we don’t know about Saturday yet. 

Guess we will find out Sunday ;)

Two NFL coaches have been fired this year and replace with interim coaches.

One was white one was black, what’s the problem.

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Two NFL coaches have been fired this year and replace with interim coaches.

One was white one was black, what’s the problem.

Nothing, they're just interim coaches.

Irsay did this to keep the fans interested. He wants to suck but still make money. There’s no racist aspect to this. Marvin Harrison kills guys so he’s not an option. 

For what it's worth, I remember watching a Peyton Manning interview. Manning's no dummy, but he admitted that Jeff Saturday was everything for that offense. He was the brains behind it. For all the omaha! Dramatics, Jeff Saturday quietly ran that mother.

Always liked his analysis.

5 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

STFU.  No there wouldn’t.  

They wouldn’t say “a white guy should’ve got the job” or whatever, but they absolutely would be saying the same thing about him having no college or pro coaching experience.

This has happened in other sports though…Steve Nash I think comes to mind

Looking over it all this is just a pure d1ck move by the owner.

he was setting this up, I notice he waited until after the trade deadline as well

That team is pretty effed up

15 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Looking over it all this is just a pure d1ck move by the owner.

he was setting this up, I notice he waited until after the trade deadline as well

That team is pretty effed up

Setting what up?  The tank?

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Setting what up?  The tank?

Yeah.

Reich actually did really well, even after losing Luck and the owner essentially acting like the GM and forcing them to roll with a clown car of QB’s

Before booting Reich he had the coach remove the OC, and I think the timing of Reichs removal after the deadline is telling

i think this owner is trying to be Jerry Jones and I do think he wants this team to lose

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yeah.

Reich actually did really well, even after losing Luck and the owner essentially acting like the GM and forcing them to roll with a clown car of QB’s

Before booting Reich he had the coach remove the OC, and I think the timing of Reichs removal after the deadline is telling

i think this owner is trying to be Jerry Jones and I do think he wants this team to lose

the NFL has discussed a draft lottery to stop tanking.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-draft-lottery-roger-goodell-tanking-micah-parsons

FRISCO - The selection order of the NFL Draft has as simple of a process as there is. There is no lottery like the NBA or NHL to determine where the losingest teams will be making their selection. Could that change in the future?

During an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio, commissioner Roger Goodell was asked about the likelihood of a potential implementation of a lottery system. It has become more of a focus after recent allegations of tanking against the Cleveland Browns and Miami Dolphins. 

Goodell did not dismiss the possibility of a lottery system for the NFL Draft. He even revealed the NFL Competition Committee regularly discusses the possibility of such a change. 

"The Competition Committee talks about it on a, I would say, a regular basis," Goodell said, via Pro Football Talk. "I haven't heard it in the last couple years, but I never say never about any of those things. It may come a time where we think it's appropriate."

Goodell explained how the current system "works" since the NFL doesn't have a tanking problem. It was an interesting aspect of his explanation, given the recent allegations against a few teams. 

"We think that the [current] system works really well the way it does," Goodell said. "Our teams, as you know, they're not into tanking. These teams work and play hard, and they play hard no matter the circumstances, and that's something that we're really proud of in our game."

A lottery system isn't a perfect fix to resolve tanking by any stretch. Teams in the NBA continue to deploy drastic measures to maximize their draft positioning in the lottery order, even if it's no guarantee they can land the No. 1 overall pick or even a top-three selection. 

As bad as my NY Football Giants have been recently, they never tanked it. Irsay is a doped up POS that never worked a day in his life. They should make him sell too. 

Screw the whole draft lottery bullshlt. In all sports, it should be the best team that didn't make the playoffs gets the first pick. Second best that didn't make the playoffs gets second draft pick and so on until all non playoff teams have drafted, then, move on to the last playoff team, then up the ladder to the SB winner picks last.

There would be no better way to set up a draft.

Jemele Hill ... skank used to write for the Orlando Sentinel before moving to ESPN.

She never found a sports story that didn't involve racism. Regardless if the story had nothing to do with race. Total piece of trash. When real racism occurs and noone believes it because too many already cried wolf... black Americans can thank Jemele Hill. Nappy hoe done used up all the race cards - for her own benefit.

11 hours ago, craftsman said:

Screw the whole draft lottery bullshlt. In all sports, it should be the best team that didn't make the playoffs gets the first pick. Second best that didn't make the playoffs gets second draft pick and so on until all non playoff teams have drafted, then, move on to the last playoff team, then up the ladder to the SB winner picks last.

Never heard of that.  That sounds pretty good.

25 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No it doesn’t.  Is screws over teams that are legitimately bad.  I think a lottery system is still the best way, even if it won’t stop tanking.

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

No it doesn’t.  Is screws over teams that are legitimately bad.  I think a lottery system is still the best way, even if it won’t stop tanking.

Those teams suck at using those early picks anyway.

34 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yeah. It will keep teams competitive until the end instead of the front office forcing the team into tanking. I don't think the players ever tank. Management does. You would see near the end of the year teams fighting hard to win for a better draft pick against other bad teams (or even good teams). That's the goal of the league. For every game to be competitive and with something on the line. 

And the last place team outside the playoffs would still draft higher than all playoff teams. 

Even in my fantasy league we structure the the order of finish for every team in the league to not want to finish last. Every spot higher you finish, you get a bigger percentage of investment dollars for that year that we have been putting into an investment account since the league started.

It's awesome to be in a league where no one wants to tank and I would think the same for the NFL.   

Just now, TimHauck said:

Seems to me expanding the lottery system in the NBA incentivized 6-7 teams to tank instead of the bottom 2-3. 

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Those teams suck at using those early picks anyway.

Yeah, being terrible should not be fully rewarded.

Think of it. Let's say at the end of the year the Lions and Bears are tied for dead last in the league and they play each other in the last game. The team who loses gets the #1 pick, and the team that wins moves up to like #4 pick, what is the incentive to win that game? That scenario is a joke and I'm sure it's happened in the past in one way or another. 

They should be playing to win and get a higher draft pick. 

Anything lottery doesn't make sense, because it's a lottery for God's sake. 

31 minutes ago, MDC said:

Seems to me expanding the lottery system in the NBA incentivized 6-7 teams to tank instead of the bottom 2-3. 

I don’t really follow the NBA.  When was the lottery expanded?  My assumption was moreso that tanking is the worst in the NBA since the starting roster is smaller so one player can make a huge difference.

this is pretty good....

This is twice now the Colts have tanked. Philly did it two years ago as well. The NFL is obviously ok with it. 

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I don’t really follow the NBA.  When was the lottery expanded?  My assumption was moreso that tanking is the worst in the NBA since the starting roster is smaller so one player can make a huge difference.

The NBA “smoothed out” their odds in 2019 so the worst team has less than a 25% chance at the top pick: Link

I don’t see how this is supposed to reduce tanking. Now instead of the usual 2-3 teams tanking you’ve got 7-8 of them with a viable shot at the top pick.

The NBA is obviously different than the NFL in that the top pick is much more important. I just don’t see tanking as a huge issue in really any league.

Nobody complains when non competing teams dump salary at the trade deadline or whatever. 

On 11/8/2022 at 11:41 AM, craftsman said:

That is not going to calm the liberals down and keep them from reporting that it's skirting the spirit of the rule and therefore is racist. 

No way would this be a problem if Saturday was black.

Honestly? I am with you in the larger sense that too much is made of racism in hiring in the NFL

but, you are completely wrong with the above. 

5 hours ago, MDC said:

The NBA “smoothed out” their odds in 2019 so the worst team has less than a 25% chance at the top pick: Link

I don’t see how this is supposed to reduce tanking. Now instead of the usual 2-3 teams tanking you’ve got 7-8 of them with a viable shot at the top pick.

The NBA is obviously different than the NFL in that the top pick is much more important. I just don’t see tanking as a huge issue in really any league.

Nobody complains when non competing teams dump salary at the trade deadline or whatever. 

I argued this same thing when they made the change. 

but tanking has definitely been an issue in the NBA 

21 hours ago, craftsman said:

Must be a full moon if I’m agreeing with you. 

especially in a league like the NBA where so many teams make the playoffs that you have teams with losing records making it. 

so having a system like this, instead of a lottery, would I’m fact be helping legitimately bad teams. 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

Must be a full moon if I’m agreeing with you. 

especially in a league like the NBA where so many teams make the playoffs that you have teams with losing records making it. 

so having a system like this, instead of a lottery, would I’m fact be helping legitimately bad teams. 

Yep. The idea of a draft LOTTERY sounds very random to me. Wasn't there a time when the Bulls, no matter how many or how few balls they had in the bag, "win" the #1 pick like 2 or 3 times in a row?  I thought everything should be earned on the court. I'll rewrite my one example for basketball.

What if the Bulls and Celtics are the two worst teams in the NBA at the end of the year and they play against each other in the last game of the year. Both have the same records. Who deserves the first pick? The team that loses, or the team that wins? Currently it is skewed to the team that loses. So we have two teams that are playing each other and both want to lose. They should have to go into that game as if they will be demoted to a lesser league if they lose. 

When did entertainment stop being about the fans? 

7 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Yep. The idea of a draft LOTTERY sounds very random to me. Wasn't there a time when the Bulls, no matter how many or how few balls they had in the bag, "win" the #1 pick like 2 or 3 times in a row?  I thought everything should be earned on the court. I'll rewrite my one example for basketball.

What if the Bulls and Celtics are the two worst teams in the NBA at the end of the year and they play against each other in the last game of the year. Both have the same records. Who deserves the first pick? The team that loses, or the team that wins? Currently it is skewed to the team that loses. So we have two teams that are playing each other and both want to lose. They should have to go into that game as if they will be demoted to a lesser league if they lose. 

When did entertainment stop being about the fans? 

Well, the claim is that changing the %’s of the lottery means less incentive to tank because there’s no guarantees of getting the top pick. But like MDC said, this really just makes it so that more teams can decide to give up on a season because more than just 2-3 teams will get a legit shot at the top pick. 

so as far as I’m concerned, be it a lottery or a straight up worst to first like the NFL, neither is the way to go. 

any team that does not make the playoffs in sports (especially now with the NFL I expanding the playoffs) likely is not a good team. That’s definitely the case in the NBA. So I’d much rather reward the bad teams that TRY. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Well, the claim is that changing the %’s of the lottery means less incentive to tank because there’s no guarantees of getting the top pick. But like MDC said, this really just makes it so that more teams can decide to give up on a season because more than just 2-3 teams will get a legit shot at the top pick. 

so as far as I’m concerned, be it a lottery or a straight up worst to first like the NFL, neither is the way to go. 

any team that does not make the playoffs in sports (especially now with the NFL I expanding the playoffs) likely is not a good team. That’s definitely the case in the NBA. So I’d much rather reward the bad teams that TRY. 

100% me too. 

58 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I argued this same thing when they made the change. 

but tanking has definitely been an issue in the NBA 

True. But there’s no fair remedy and competitive imbalance is a much bigger problem in the NBA. 

• Sad 1

Saturday wasn't even interested in the job, he stated he didn't even consider himself a candidate for ANY HC job. Coincidentally neither did anyone else. 

He is in that role to lose. Period.

The Irsays are a despicable family of people